Not Engaged Yet

It Feels Like Monday

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I thought it was Monday until like 5 minutes ago.

How was your long weekend?

Friday I met up with some CWs for happy hour at a real swanky bar near my house (it's actually across the street from the bar I usually go to). It was really nice, but expensive.

Saturday morning Quigley discovered a skunk under our shed. He didn't get a direct hit (thankfully) but when he came in the house, the skunk smell was overwhelming, I was SO sick. FI ripped up the floor boards in the shed to try to scare the skunk away and it worked. I called animal control and she assured me that all the noise that FI made will probably deter that skunk from spending the night under the shed again. Regardless, we're tearing down the shed this weekend.

While FI was fighting with the skunk, I took the kittens to the vet and they gained a pound in three weeks! They're growing so fast!!!!

When I got home, I worked on table numbers and decided putting rhinestones on them didn't look good which I was happy about since it's less work for me!

FI and his BM and GM picked out their tuxes Saturday and I met up with them after for drinks while Quigley was at the groomers (which was next door to the bar). FI's BM and one of my BMs date and she's a little possessive so she was PISSED when she found out I was hanging out with the guys without her.....

Sunday we did nothing but sleep in, get breakfast, grocery shop and relax. Oh and I colored my hair.

Yesterday FI had to work so I did nothing and got my hair cut.

I hope this week flies by!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: It Feels Like Monday

• @buddysmom80 wait... have you shared pictures of your kittens yet????   I don't remember seeing them!!   Yayy for tuxes, but how weird your friend is possessive enough to get mad that you, engaged to one of the other people out with you is mad that you're with her bf.

My weekend was pretty good! I can't recall a lot of it, we watched a few moives (Sinister and The Other Woman), Saturday we went out to dinner, bought some spooky town things, I got a new rug for my dining room.  I did some cleaning around the house, we went to dinner at FMIL's yesterday and enjoyed a beautiful day outside.
  • Today can go right the fuck back where it came from. I discovered while walking to work that at some point this morning, I stepped in dog shit WITH MY BOOT. I have no idea if it was when I took Lucy out (and therefore also tracked it into my building and apartment) or if it happened while I was walking to the train. I spent the first 20 minutes I was at work, in the bathroom cleaning my stupid boot. I also just knocked an entire cup of water all over my desk. UGH! 

My weekend, on the other hand, was really nice. H and I drove down to my parents' house in Cape May late Friday night to avoid traffic (success!). 

On Saturday, we went to breakfast up the street (YAY SCRAPPLE!) and then went to the beach. It was pretty overcast but we had some drinks and lunch then H and I drove back to my parents' and I did all of our laundry (for free!) and we had Wawa for dinner and went to bed early. 

Sunday, I had scrapple for breakfast again! and then we took Lucy to the beach. She had a blast playing with the other dogs and it was her first real time trying out the ocean. She was scared for the most part but seemed to be getting used to it towards the end of the day. My mom, H and I went out for drinks and dinner that night and had some awesome crabs and then H and I drove home really late. 

Yesterday, H and I drove around the neighborhood we hope to move to. Hopefully I hear back from the realtor today. We agreed that depending on the answers to the questions we've asked, we want to put in an offer on the house we looked at last week! I'm trying not to get too attached to it for now, but it's hard! 

• @buddysmom80 - Poor Quigs! Your friend is cray. 

@BreMR - How did you like those movies? I haven't seen either. 

• @buddysmom80‌ the whole point of my previous post was to tag you and say hoooooly shit about the skunk. I would flip a lid. My nose is also more sensitive than your average Preggo woman when I'm NOT Preggo so I probably would have barfed. Ew.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • It does feel like Monday :-(

On the bright side, I'm not working this Friday because FI and I are driving up to his hometown for a wedding! So only 3 workdays this week for me :-)

My weekend was great. Went out to the Hampton Classic Horse Show on Saturday, went out to breakfast with FI then lazed around most of the day Sunday, took the pup into the city to a dog park on Sunday, and made pasta and turkey meatballs for dinner last night.

Right now I'm feeling like a whale. I ate way too much this weekend and didn't exercise at all. Bleh. I will be going to the gym right from work today, so hopefully that will make me feel a bit better. 

Unfortunately I forgot my laptop cord at home, sooooo I only have my work computer today, which means I won't be around much today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @buddysmom80 - I thought you said, a skunk under your bed the first time I read through your post.  I was thinking, OH GOD NO.

@Swazzle - not poop on the boot!!!!  get yourself some of those lysol wipes ASAP.

@Blue & White - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

this weekend was pretty good!  I was off at 2 PM on Friday (I get to keep my normal schedule, YAY THANKS NEW JOB!).  we ran some errands (dropped stuff off to get altered, groceries, mall, etc.) and tried a new Mexican restaurant. did some Yoga Meltdown.  oh, and H killed a giant spider on Friday night and it actually exploded with baby spiders, so we spent a good chunk of time chasing down all the baby spiders and killing them with Windex.  yup.  I had nightmares about it last night...  dreamed that we missed the baby spiders and they grew into big spiders and attacked us.

Saturday we went to the farmer's market at 8 AM when they opened and picked up some gorgeous flowers, an orange watermelon (OMG BEST EVER), Jonathan apples, and peaches.  then we had breakfast at our favorite Guatemalan place.  YUM.  we both got the special (a breakfast burrito) and it was FABULOUS.  went home, checked on the neighbor's dogs (we watched them all weekend, they are terrors and pee all over their house, gross).  I did some shopping at Hobby Lobby and then had a cupcake with a friend.  we went to a birthday BBQ in the evening... I took some of the orange watermelon and it was a hit.  sometime during the day I did a work-out.

Sunday was nice!  I got up early (around 7:15) and did a work-out, made breakfast, prepped lunch, cleaned the kitchen, and then got ready for church.  we had some really yummy lime cilantro chicken thighs and coconut milk/red bean rice and salad for lunch.  I took a nap, studied for the PMP, and just kind of chilled.

yesterday we got up early-ish to go for a run at the urban wilderness park, but when we got there at 9:00 (thanks, H, for making us late, grrrr) it was packed.  we found parking down the road and eventually got going.  spent an hour there, covered about 3 miles or so...  but it was so hot!!!  it was 100-102 yesterday, and I ended up with a migraine from the exercise in the heat.  :(  we got cleaned up, ran up to the outlet malls, and did some shopping.  everything was like 50% off because it was a holiday weekend, so H and I both got some new stuff... me, because I got rid of over half my closet when I got this new job, and H because his birthday is this month!!  and then we had homemade ice cream with my family last night.

so a pretty good weekend!  we packed in a lot.  my PMP classes actually begin this Saturday, so I'll be spending most free time on that.  I'm trying to do a lot of crockpot and 30 minute meals so I can minimize kitchen time...  heaven forbid H cooks for us (rolling my eyes at that, he can, he just doesn't).

longest post of the day, sorry @Swazzle, I know how much you love those!
  • @buddysmom80, oof skunk smell. Ick.

@swazzle, I feel like I should know this by now, but what is scrapple?

@blue, yay job!! Congrats!

P&R - I'm not knotting at work right now because I'm still new at this job and trying really hard to stay focused there.

This weekend was fantastic and lazy. Friday night FI and I played board games with his friends, which was an awesome distraction and made me feel less sorry for myself. Even though I was the one who put in the resignation, I was the one who quit, the new job offers a lot of new opportunities, etc., I was still standing in my lab sobbing on Friday afternoon as I did dishes for the last time. I held out until everyone else was gone for the day but then broke down. Friday was hard. Leaving was hard.

But the rest of the weekend was good! FI did the get lawn mowed, and we did a couple more little things inside. His knee isn't healing fast enough (for my taste, anyway) so we couldn't paint the floor, but we did a little work upstairs and tried out Lego Batman 2, which was fun. And yesterday we were just lazy, truly lazy. I could have gotten more done this weekend but I haven't been lazy in quite a while, so that was worth it. Evenings are for productivity, right?
  • @KeptInStitches - I'm right there with you...  even though I wanted to leave, it was hard when it was the last day.  :(  big hugs!
  • @Blue - Thanks! Congrats on the job offer! That's such great news!

@Hummingbird125 - Does that mean no Gchat too?! WAHHHHHHHHHH!

@CocoBellaF - Omg that is horrifying! If that was in your house, I would have to move.

@KeptInStitches - It's a breakfast meat made from pork. It's a Philly thing but can be found in the areas around there too now. Usually people hear what's in it and decide they hate it but it's my favorite :)

@TwoDimes - Thanks!

• @swazzle yay for making an offer!!!! How exciting!

My weekend was good. Friday H & I took off we hosted my family for a BBQ and it went well and we all had a good time.  It wasn't until the last half hour or so that my parents really started obnoxiously asking about grand kids.  They have no idea of our time line because I refuse to share that with anyone IRL. Nothing worked to distract them and change the topic, when they left I just wanted to cry.  We also picked up some lawn tools they don't use anymore Suday afternoon and my mom made some comment again.  I don't know how to deal with anymore other than just not talking to them or seeing them.

Saturday we went to a BBQ down the shore at H's parent's house. We also celebrated his grandma's 97th birthday that was fun and relaxing.  Sunday we mostly relaxed H bought a new video game so we played that most of the evening.  Monday we relaxed, played some more video games and BBQ outside for dinner.  It went by way too fast for an extended weekend.  I have a feeling somehow this week will drag too. 

Anniversary

• @Buddysmom80 - So sorry Quigley got skunked!!  Loki took a TINY ITTY BITTY hit from a skunk once and he smelled for months after he'd get wet (just something to watch out for).  Yay for the tuxes!!!

@BreMR - I loved The Other Woman, it was such a fun film!  I used to collect the spooky town stuff but it got too expensive and I don't have room for it.  I still look at it every year though.

@Swazzle - Sorry about your boot.  Make sure the house is something you guys love as you'll be 'stuck' with it for quite some time.  

@Blue - YAY for the job!!

@Hummingbird125 - Super short week for you!  I too am having a whale of a day :o( .

@CocoBellaF - Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

@KeptInStitches - Sorry you're having a hard time with leaving your job.  Change can be hard, even if it is for the better.

@TwoDimes - I can't wait to see your E-pics and I'm sure what you got will be amazing in the pics!

@Peaseblossom55 - As you probably know, I'm not seeing eye to eye with my parents either at the moment.  It's a hard choice but sometimes relationships do need breaks, even those with our family.

Friday - I ran a few errands to try and clear up my Saturday schedule.

Saturday - We went to Ikea.  We got FI a wardrobe and me a 2-person table and then a couple other little odds and ends (kitchen utensils).

Sunday - We stayed in our jammies and did nothing.

Monday - I had a few errands to run and we went out and had a late lunch/early dinner and just hung out.  Target had Monster Cereals again (Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Boo-Berry) so of course I had to get a box of each even though I know they're not as tasty as they were when I was a kid.

We got our Banquet Event Order contract all signed and I have it ready to go, same with our marriage license; so I'll go to the post office later and get those sent out.  We also went over the package from our officiant and figured out we just want 'all traditional' for our ceremony and I'll give him a heads up on skipping the 'asking parents for their permission' and 'thanking parents' stuff as my parents probably won't be coming and it'll be a touchy subject.  So now I need to email him with the details and see what he says/recommends.

Anniversary
  • @buddysmom80 -EEK skunks are awful!

I'm tired today. This weekend was really nice though. Friday night H and I really enjoyed our night in together. We don't get those too often so we just rented a movie, made dinner, and got ice cream.

Saturday we went to CrossFit that morning and afterwards we went home and got ready for my friend's 30th bday party. It was a lot of fun. We played giant Jenga, watched football, ate noms food, and drank A LOT.

Sunday I was super hungover. We went to the lake for my dad's bday and I just sat on my butt and laid in the sun. I guess that was a good day to be hungover lol. Afterwards we went to Steak and Shake which is one of my dad's favorite restaurants and I ate all the bad food.

Monday was CrossFit again that morning and afterwards I finally got around to doing some deep cleaning around the house. H's mom and stepdad came over for dinner and we ate more food. I feel like this whole weekend was just food.

Tonight H has softball so I'll go watch one of his games after crossfit and then head home with maddux and watch Bachelor in Paradise since I missed last Tuesday and yesterdays episodes.

• @CocoBellaF Your spider story sounds like my absolute WORST nightmare! That is really really really scary!!!!

@Blue & White YAYYYY!!! I am so happy for your teaching job!!! I will miss you being here as often but still! YAY!!!

@Swazzle I'm sorry you got poop on da boot. :(

@buddysmom80 Poor Quigs!! Also, your friend is nuts...

This weekend was pretty chill for me! One of my BMs came over to pick up her dress (fits nearly perfectly, just a little long and a little big in the bust because she's flat as a board) and then we went on a lady date. After she left, I did some more shopping (completed BM gifts, bought towels off my registry cause they were on super sale, and exchanged some stuff) and went home and chilled the rest of the evening. Sunday FI and I met up with my family to celebrate my dad's birthday at the lake. We boated and chilled on the beach and I tried to not get completelly sunburned.

Monday I was a bum for half the day. Then I finally got off my ass and turned 9 lbs of frozen apples we picked last fall into four and half quarts of the best apple butter ever!! It was my first ever attempt at canning and it went surprisingly well! All of the jars seem to have sealed properly and I didn't have any explosions or broken glass or anything! I think I'm going to add some actual canning supplies to my registry and try canning tomatoes or something next year.

• @LaPeanut1018 - I usually can homemade marinara, but my tomatoes didn't do well this year so I have nothing to can!  maybe I should do apple butter with apples from the farmer's market...  it sounds so good!!
  • @Blue & White sorry forgot to add a big Yay for the teaching job offer!!!

Anniversary

• Boo Monday Tuesday.

@buddysmom80 - Ugh, that sucks! My roommate's dog got sprayed by a skunk when we were in university...we had to keep her in the bathroom with the fan on to keep the smell from getting all over the house :(

@Swazzle - Ick to the poop, yay to the potential house offer! I am currently hating house hunting...more on that later.

@Blue & White - Congrats!!!

@TowDimes - Yay for e.pics! We're supposed to get ours back this week...I want that to mean TODAY, when in reality it will probably mean Friday. Boooo.

@CocoBellaF - That is my nightmare. I had to kill a bee that got into FIL's house on Sunday, ugh.

@Peaseblossom55 and @Dignity100 - I'm sorry you're both having trouble with your parents, I feel you. My mom isn't taking her anxiety meds and I can barely talk to her about the wedding without her getting all worked up about something. It's driving me up the wall and making me sad.

@LaPeanut1018 - Glad your canning went well! I've always wanted to try it, but have never had money/space for the extra stuff that's required. I'm supposed to be making pasta sauce with FMIL and FSIL in a few weeks; if that goes well I might add stuff onto our registry, I never thought of that!

---------------------------

My weekend was nice, but busy...I would like another day of weekend please!

Friday we closed the office early (yay!) and I went and got a mani-pedi (YAY!); I never get my nails done, I tend to just do them myself, but I decided I needed a treat and it was an excellent way to start the weekend. Friday night FI and I went out for dinner and then went to the Arcade Fire concert which was awesome.

Saturday morning FI went golfing and I slept in and it was glorious. Then we got all cleaned up and went to his cousin's wedding. I tried...I really tried to not be judgey...but it felt like the ceremony was a joke to them and that really bothered me. That was followed by a 2 hour cocktail hour. This was all outside too, and it was SO humid on Saturday, it was brutal. The dinner was alright, but we left after their first dance.

Didn't go to church Sunday morning, but Sunday afternoon we went to look at a few houses. One house we saw we both REALLY liked, but it was priced a bit high as well. But as far as we were concerned that was the only downside...until yesterday. 

Yesterday we lazed around, and then took FI's parents to see the house that we liked. I'm still really pissed off about how stuff shook out after that visit (long story short, we aren't going for the house). I'm mad at FI and his dad about it, and almost want to tell FI that he and his dad should just go find our house and leave me out of it. I know I sound petty and I'm vagueknotting. Sorry. I might vent and share the story later, but don't want to turn my post into (more of) a novel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 It was surprisingly easy and I didn't even have the "proper" tools. I sanitized all the jars and lids and had about three pots of water boiling on the stove all at once plus the heated apple butter. I had one really big stock pot to boil the filled jars in. A smaller one to keep water boiling to add to the larger stock pot. And an even smaller pot to keep the lids in. I used a pair of metal tongs to lift out the lids. The jars were harder because I didn't have a proper pair of rubber tongs to pull them out with so I had to lower the water level every time and then carefully grab them with an oven mitt. I came close to dropping the jars more than once cause they were so dang hot so real canning tools would've definitely made life easier!

• @LaPeanut1018 - I'll run the jars and lids through the dishwasher on HOT instead of boiling them in water, and then immediately pour the hot marinara/whatever into them, and then put the entire (closed) jar in the boiling water.  easier than fishing for those dumb lids.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

@buddysmom80 ugh I would not have been happy about the skunk either! Saturday we were at a friend's sitting on their deck and we smelled skunk, so the dogs were put in the house.

@swazzle yay for potential house! boo for poop on boot!

@Blue Congratulations on the job!

@KeptinStitches It's always hard to leave a place you're comfortable, but yay for a new, better job!

@Peaseblossom55 ugh the baby questions! My parents have been on a need to be a grandparent kick lately as well, I hate that pressure. I usually tell them to talk to my sister since she's getting married and is the one who wants to start a family asap, and she usually hands them her cat and says that's their grandchild.

It really does feel like Monday. I have an extra short week since I took off Friday to help my sister with last minute things for her wedding Saturday. Hopefully that helps the week feel shorter, and not longer. Also, figuring out how to make this boot look less horrible since my dress is knee length. Finished writing my MOH speech yesterday.

Spent the weekend with friends, and showed off our house! Of course as we were showing off the house we discovered more things we need to do before we move in, so probably won't be moving in for another two months. Operation make the house pretty starts tomorrow. I have been pinning ideas like crazy, so really excited to put those ideas to work!

• @speakeasy14 It's annoying when they pester, and they have a grand kid who is 7 from my sister and she is expecting another one in January.  I really don't get it..... it's not like they don't have any. 

Anniversary

• edited September 2014
    I'm really annoyed with Tuesday because I ordered a pumpkin coffee at Dunkin this morning and DID NOT GET PUMPKIN. How fucking hard is it, people?? 

@Swazzle - I'm sorry about the poop, but I'm really excited about the potential house offer! I'm mostly excited for the third floor cat sanctuary. That's where my room will be, right?

@lmcooper86 - I think we need to share our parental house-hunting stories. FI and I got into a tiff this weekend because his mom is meddling in our house-hunting. Long story short, she thinks SHE knows where we should live, even though she's in CT and we're in Upstate NY, and I've lived here for ten fucking years, and I know where is & isn't a good place to live.  So frustrating.

@Blue - Congrats on the job offer!! YAAAYYYY!!!!

@CocoBellaF - I would have to burn my house down. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

@BreMR - I haven't seen "The Other Woman" but I did see "Sinister" in the theatre & almost peed my pants. 

@Buddysmom80 - Your BM is cray cray.

I only came into work in the morning on Friday, and then went to Six Flags with one of my bridesmaids and her boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. He & I went on AAALLL the rides (she's a bit of a scaredy cat) and had so much fun. I was sad FI couldn't come with us, but he had to work, because he was out of town on Wednesday. He came & met us for dinner though, which was fun. I got a new coffee mug.

Saturday, we went to the dog park & then I had to run a bunch of errands - I returned a Spanx-like bodysuit for I had ordered from Macy's for under my dress that didn't work, and got a high-waisted one with longer legs instead. And it sucks me in! I also returned a bra to VS - I got two different styles the last time I was there, and even though I liked this one when I tried it on in the store, I hated it when I tried to wear it with clothes, so I switched it for another.

I also went to Lenscrafters & FINALLY got new contacts ordered. I've needed to go for a really long time. They switched me to a new lense, and I really like them so far - they're brand new Bausch & Lomb lenses that have only been out for like six months. My prescription also got worse, which makes me sad, but oh well. Then we went to the new Whole Foods, because I hadn't been there before, and I wanted EVERYTHING. There were so many samples, and everything was delicious. It's just SO expensive. 

That was when FI & I had our tiff - he snapped at me in Whole Foods, and we didn't speak for like an hour. When we got home, I went into the bedroom and was cleaning up & then just laid down on the bed, and he came in & apologized, and we talked it through, and everything was fine. 

Yesterday, I did a bunch of laundry, and FINALLY found the dress I've been looking for for months that I want to wear for our engagement pics. Now I just have to figure out what other outfit I want to wear - I'm terrible at putting outfits together, so I'm nervous. We watched The Simpsons marathon AALLL day, had Chinese food for dinner, and then went to bed pretty early. 

*******************************************************************************************

• I thought it was Sunday all day yesterday. I'm so confused. We had such a relaxed 3-day weekend. It was amazing.

Friday night we stayed in and binged on Supernatural.

Saturday we ran around and did a few things, went out for lunch, then we went to the movies to see As Above So Below.  It was pretty good. Definitely creepy.

On Sunday we went to the mall so I could look for something to wear to my bachelorette party on Thursday.  After that we ate at Fazoli's and then visited FI's parents for a few.

Monday we slept in. We did some more running around and bought a few last minute things for the wedding. FI treated me to some froyo :)  Then we packed up the 'wedding room' aka our guest bedroom. So now everything is boxed up and ready to go for Saturday!!
    Anniversary

• Sorry for my novel, @Swazzle. Hope you can make it through. ;)

*******************************************************************************************

• @peaseblossom55  I CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
    Anniversary

• @Severmilli12 - SO SOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

• @goldenpenguin I have butterflies in my stomach that will NOT go away! I'm so excited. I can't focus on anything else.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards