African American Weddings

EVERYONE WANTS TO TAKE PART IN OUR WEDDING. HOW CAN I SAY "NO" NICELY

ALL MY COUSINS WANTS TO BE BRIDE MAIDS AND I ONLY NEED 6 GIRLS. HOW CAN I SAY NO WITHOUT HURTING ANYONES FEELINGS OR SHOULD I JUST ADD 2 MORE?

Re: EVERYONE WANTS TO TAKE PART IN OUR WEDDING. HOW CAN I SAY "NO" NICELY

• Eeesh.  toughie.   I'd say it depends on how strongly you feel about potentially hurt feelings versus changing the number in your bridal party.   On principle, I don't wanna be forced into doing anything, however, if my 2 remaining cousins were close or if I didn't see them often or if they were under 20 years old, yeah, I'd increase the bridal party.  If they were making noise just because "you asked so and so to be in the wedding and not me" that'd be a no.  worded something like babe I'm touched that you want to be a part of our day, we're all set with the bridal party but is there something else you wanted to help with?"   If it's a pushy family issue and auntie so and so got a hold of auntie so and so and you picked her daughter not my daughter I'd gently tell my auntie(s) they're a bit too *mature* for all this carry on and ask how else they'd like to help.  

Watcha gotta mind to do?  We need more words about the circumstances though, close in relationship? ages? is this imagined or real pressure? (are you anticipating mess or has anybody actually asked you yet?)

whatever you do, don't import any headaches, there will be enough along the way.  make your decision(s), stand firm in your choice(s) and let's get this party on road. 

btw, congratulations bridey!!!!!   ::throws confetti::

• WELL SAID LUVIE

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Sultry always with the good advice.

You have options. Add them ( it's ok to have uneven parties) or dont. If you choose not to add them just explain that you have ypu wedding party set but you would love to have there help and presence whenever possible.
  • @ Senecaf, thank ya sweets.  Now //startthreadjack// how you finna be all on the boards and ignore 'lette's request for your recap?   Gal, git.  lol!

//endjack
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards