Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Final song of the night

Totally struggling with this!! Don't want the typical "last dance"-types. Something totally rocking that doesn't necessarily have to do with the end of the night (or even weddings). Just something to rock out to before we leave! Thoughts? Suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Final song of the night

• What kind of music do you and your fiance like? It's hard to make suggestions without knowing your individual tastes.

Is there a song that you two always rock out to when it comes on the radio? Or maybe a song from a band you've seen live in concert? Or would you like something epically party-esque like "You Shook Me All Night Long" or "Livin' on a Prayer"?
  • Yes, epically party-esque!! :) Our formative years were in the 80s but where I prefer hair metal, he prefers some harder metal types. Trying to find a happy medium but I like where you're going with the Livin' on a Prayer, etc. I was thinking Don't Stop Believin'. I'll take any more suggestions that people want to throw out there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Along those lines ... almost any classic rock song could work.  

If you aren't doing a slow song (really calms everyone down)  OR  a goodnight song "Take Me home Tonight" ... then I suggest your rock-out song be the ENCORE.

You know - it's our last song (play whatever else, including rock, slow, Dirty Dancing ...)  And then - you all are so much fun... let's do ONE MORE

(I like super familiar/ singalong types for these moments ...  and you know you can't go wrong with your Journey idea ^)

Your Love
    Cherry Pie
    I Want You To Want Me
    Bang a Gong 
    I Believe in a Thing Called Love
    Rock N Roll All Night
    Walk This Way
    Don't Stop Me Now Queen   (Ok - that's kind of a don't stop song, but, I like it)

• At the end of my first wedding we played the Sex Pistols version of the song, "My Way". 
  • I don't know how it is at your weddings, but "Don't Stop Believing" is a huge hit in the middle of dancing at my family weddings, so it is a great song but not for the last one. What about "Follow you, follow me" by Genesis. My parents used it for theirs and I think it's cute!
  • we did Say Hey, Michael Franti.    I had no idea what to pick and my husband hated anything typical that i found.   It's fun, upbeat and was a good ending.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards