Chit Chat

Back When We Were Young and Innocent..

What crazy things did you used to believe about boys or sex?

For the longest time, I was scared to sit in a desk at school that a boy had sat in before me because I was afraid of getting pregnant.

A good friend didn't realize it actually had to go IN to get pregnant, and she shared her surprise during our 9th grade "sex talk".

Oh god, remember those videos from like 4th grade where they split you up to learn about periods and bras and boobs? What did boys talk about....?

image   image   image

Re: Back When We Were Young and Innocent..

• My barbie dolls had sex all the time when I was a kid, but I didn't realize the penis actually went inside. Not sure when I figured that out. 

Anniversary
  • edited September 2014
    I used to think "oral sex" meant making out. I knew oral = mouth, but I had no idea that people put THOSE in their mouths. Ahh innocence.

• I honestly don't even remember. Like, I know that I wasn't born with the knowledge of what sex was (or oral sex, or whatever), but for the life of me I cannot remember learning what it is or having some epiphany. I guess I'm just boring like that.
  • lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    chibiyui said:
    My barbie dolls had sex all the time when I was a kid, but I didn't realize the penis actually went inside. Not sure when I figured that out.

edit: stupid boxes!

Soooo many naked barbies in my childhood. 

• smichek said:

I thought sex was being naked in bed together. ETA: That was before the sex talk, which happened when I was like 10.

And how about when your boobs first started to grow? When you could finally fit into the tiniest bra at the stores with molded cups that were in the girls' section and suddenly you thought you were the shit and had a huge rack. Or was that just me?

I never had big boobs :( bras were scandalous. I started wearing training bras in 6th grade. I still could get away with a training bra if it weren't for those damn nipples showing through shirts.

image   image   image

• My mom claims that when I was 2, I asked her if Daddy puts his penis inside of her.  The only thing I can imagine is that maybe I walked in on them and they didn't realize it?  Or else I just put two and two together from seeing them both naked?  I cannot remember for the life of me, and I think I forgot this conversation later because...

As a kid, my Nana told me that married couples ask God for a baby when they are ready.  I distinctly remember being worried that God wouldn't know I wanted a baby and would forget to give me one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• A friend of mine thought you peed out your vagina. She complained that her tampon must have been getting full of urine. I'm all, whaaaat? We laughed so hard and I explained the three holes we have. I think we were 19 or 20.
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    I painted nipples on my Barbies with nail polish. Pathetic.
    edited September 2014
    lc07 said:
    A friend of mine thought you peed out your vagina. She complained that her tampon must have been getting full of urine. I'm all, whaaaat? We laughed so hard and I explained the three holes we have. I think we were 19 or 20.

STUCKKKKK

Was her name Taystee?

I got boobs really young, but then they got to a b cup and just stopped.  But I did have some of the biggest boobs in fifth grade.  I was also one of the first to get my period.  Thankfully my mom had talked to me about my own body enough to know what to expect.  Even if the only sex advice I ever got was, "Wait until marriage."

ETA: Haha, great minds @JCBride2015

• lc07 said:
    A friend of mine thought you peed out your vagina. She complained that her tampon must have been getting full of urine. I'm all, whaaaat? We laughed so hard and I explained the three holes we have. I think we were 19 or 20.
    I love it! Even though I don't know what this is! 
  • lc07 said:

STUCKKKKK

Was her name Taystee?

I got boobs really young, but then they got to a b cup and just stopped.  But I did have some of the biggest boobs in fifth grade.  I was also one of the first to get my period.  Thankfully my mom had talked to me about my own body enough to know what to expect.  Even if the only sex advice I ever got was, "Wait until marriage."

Baaahhhhh hahahaha GREAT MINDS!

@Ic07 That's from Orange is the New Black.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smichek said:

I used to think "oral sex" meant making out. I knew oral = mouth, but I had no idea that people put THOSE in their mouths. Ahh innocence.

SITB

I used to think oral sex was like an oral report...you say stuff. About sex.

Haha SO glad it's actually much different! :)

image   image   image

edited September 2014
    lc07 said:

STUCKKKKK

Was her name Taystee?

Baaahhhhh hahahaha GREAT MINDS!

@Ic07 That's from Orange is the New Black.
    Nevermind I fail at reading comprehension today

• I was SO concerned aboutlesbian sex. I renember crying to my mom one day because I was sad some girls didn't have penises. It was fucking weird. I have no idea where that even came from, but I was so worried that the lesbians were going to be sad about a lack of penis.
    I remember the first time I heard the word lesbian.  I asked my mom very loudly in a public place what it meant.  I was an awesome child, obviously :D

• I can't think of anything I thought that was hilarious to be honest, I was really interested in it ... Researched it all the time as a kid. Strange I know.

But my friend who is 24 literally just told me that "We were safe, I was on top" ... Uhm... What?
    I had to explain that ... Yes, yes you can get pregnant while on top.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom was so honest about sex when I was growing up that if I had any misconceptions I might have had was quickly explained away.
  • I used to think that a blow job meant you actually blew on the guys penis.

I also remember in the 4thgrade all the kids were making a big deal about this 5th grade girl they all had a crush on because she "dumped" this kid in our class. And so they were all saying " She dumped Roberto!" and I remember thinking that she somehow picked him up and threw him in the garbage can. 

I was a sheltered child.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    I used to think that a blow job meant you actually blew on the guys penis.

I also remember in the 4thgrade all the kids were making a big deal about this 5th grade girl they all had a crush on because she "dumped" this kid in our class. And so they were all saying " She dumped Roberto!" and I remember thinking that she somehow picked him up and threw him in the garbage can. 

I was a sheltered child.
    Actually, at some point I may have believed this too.  Some of the kids in my middle school got a hold of warming lube and said it got hot when you blew on it.  Everyone was putting it on our hands and literally blowing on the lube.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pinkcow13 said:

I was a sheltered child.
    Actually, at some point I may have believed this too.  Some of the kids in my middle school got a hold of warming lube and said it got hot when you blew on it.  Everyone was putting it on our hands and literally blowing on the lube.
    This is freaking hilarious. I wonder how those kids got their hands on not just lube, but warming lube lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

I was a sheltered child.
    I feel like we all had this thought at some point.

I remember a girl in middle school bragging that she "gave head" to this popular guy at school.  I had not idea what it was and was too embarrassed to ask.  I don't think I knew until high school.  And I don't even think I was all that sheltered.

• pinkcow13 said:
    pinkcow13 said:

I was a sheltered child.
    This is freaking hilarious. I wonder how those kids got their hands on not just lube, but warming lube lol.
    OMG the name just came to me-- "Motion Lotion."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pinkcow13 said:

I was a sheltered child.

OMG... That is hilarious. I thought that about blowjobs too... I really wish I wouldn't have asked my mom about that one.
  • jynxiie said:
    I can't think of anything I thought that was hilarious to be honest, I was really interested in it ... Researched it all the time as a kid. Strange I know.

But my friend who is 24 literally just told me that "We were safe, I was on top" ... Uhm... What?
    I had to explain that ... Yes, yes you can get pregnant while on top.
    This was my exact face.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13 said:

I was a sheltered child.
    I feel like we all had this thought at some point.

I remember a girl in middle school bragging that she "gave head" to this popular guy at school.  I had not idea what it was and was too embarrassed to ask.  I don't think I knew until high school.  And I don't even think I was all that sheltered.
    Giving head was another! I totally had NO idea what that meant. Apparently the kids I went to school with knew way more than they should have about these things!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I used to think babies were born out of belly buttons.
    *********************************************************************************

• Oh! When I was a kid I went to a summer camp (a day camp) and there were kids all the way up to 16. Well one year, I think I was 12, I was lucky enough to hang with the "cool" older kids! It was awesome! But I was young and didn't really get most of their jokes but I'd laugh just to be cool. Well one day at lunch one of them told a story about how she was dared to fake an orgasm in the middle of the school hallway and it was SO embarrassing. I had no idea what she meant and had no idea what an "orgasm" was so I just laughed. I then later went home and asked my mom what an orgasm is...because she's my mom and supposed to help me learn things, right?

Hahahaha. She was SO embarrassed. So I think that clued me into the idea that it's probably something about sex. Whoops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards