DIY Wedding Forum

Wine Bottle Table Numbers? Show me yours!

So, I really like the idea of using wine bottles for table numbers, but I am not sure which direction I want to go. 

I have seen them done using a label, like so:
or painted, like so: 

or as topper things, like so: 

Did you do wine bottle table numbers? how did you make them/what did you use? Can I see them?

P.S. I don't know if this matters or not, but mine have to be empty per the venue.

Re: Wine Bottle Table Numbers? Show me yours!

• @ClimbingBrideNY Those look great! Did you use a stencil for the numbers? Is that regular matte black paint, or chalkboard paint?
  • edited September 2014
    @ashley8919 - Thanks! I actually used both matte spray paint and chalkboard spray paint. They seemed to come out almost exactly the same. The chalkboard spray paint though you have to make sure you do a light coat evenly or it will drip. I did 2 coats of spray paint on each bottle. I then bought stencils and used a foam brush with silver acrylic paint.
  • chalkboard i really love the idea btw
  •  
    @ashley8919 - Thanks! I actually used both matte spray paint and chalkboard spray paint. They seemed to come out almost exactly the same. The chalkboard spray paint though you have to make sure you do a light coat evenly or it will drip. I did 2 coats of spray paint on each bottle. I then bought stencils and used a foam brush with silver acrylic paint.
    A stencil.  Thats genius.  I am currently spray painting my wine bottles a champagne color and wanted black numbers on them and have been looking for stickers (like address numbers or something larger).  I've been panicking thinking I was going to have to draw them.  I cannot believe I never thought of stencils haha.  Your table numbers are gorgeous! Thanks for the idea!  Also, goodluck @ashley8919!
  •  
    A stencil.  Thats genius.  I am currently spray painting my wine bottles a champagne color and wanted black numbers on them and have been looking for stickers (like address numbers or something larger).  I've been panicking thinking I was going to have to draw them.  I cannot believe I never thought of stencils haha.  Your table numbers are gorgeous! Thanks for the idea!  Also, goodluck @ashley8919!
    Thanks! I originally was looking for stickers too, but I just couldn't find the size and style I needed. The stencils worked perfectly. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards