Chit Chat

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! 5 o clock scream!

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

I just received the link to my revised wedding album - which I would approve so it could be printed. I've waited a month for this! I'm so excited!!

So I open it up, and IT'S NOT US! I was so so happy, and then *bam* slap in the face!! So I'm depressed.

This week has brought a number of things that I haven't shared because there just wasn't the right thread and I didn't feel like spamming Chit Chat. So now I'm going to spew them here because everything's built up - both good and bad.

1. My grandmother passed away - most of yall know that. My dad just got home yesterday and surprised me with my grandmother's fur coat. I cried. She wore it all the time, and it's beautiful, and I feel like I have a part of her back with me. It fits pretty perfectly. I put my hands in the pockets and discovered her satin white gloves that she would wear to the yacht club parties in the winter. More tears. I love to have this in my possession, and I'm so glad my dad thought to give it to me.

2. Work has been a bitch this week. I've been made to feel like shit by some administrators over documentation of something, and then I didn't think quickly enough about a patient's condition before giving all this medication to "fix" a problem (but discovered too late why the problem occurred and was a non-medication fix) and thought I had almost killed her. So I'm sitting there freaking out for the next 4 hours watching her vital signs. Thankfully, she remained stable and nothing bad happened. But I felt like a terrible nurse. So emotionally taxing.

3. DH is still on the spree about buying this Mercedes. I feel so bad, seeing him sad when I don't get all excited with him. It just makes me sad. I want him to be happy, I want him to have this car. But it's not financially feasible with the debts we owe. Maybe in a year and a half. But he wants the car now. Poor baby. But it makes me sad to see him sad.

4. Our house is framed, insulated, and dry-walled, and brick and stone are going up this week! I was so excited to see the color of the brick and the stone. I'm pretty happy with it. It looks good! I also discovered that the column post outside our front door is not the brick square column that I expected it to be. Instead, its the much desired wooden post with a ledge sitting on the brick column below it. So it's like half and half. Wooden post up top, brick column on the bottom. And I'm SO excited to wrap the post in Christmas lights and set little pumpkins on the ledge - yay decorating! (Not all at once though, not that crazy).

Sorry I had to explode. What little things have been going on that you wished to share but haven't??

image   image   image

Re: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! 5 o clock scream!

• I'm so glad you got your grandma's fur coat!!!  When my grandpa passed away, I got two things that mean a lot to me - the Rosary he prayed (and that I made for him) the week leading up to his death, and I got this funky lime green ceramic wine glass that says "Cheap wine, expensive goblet".

For me, work is just frustrating.  I'm a consultant and was working on a specific client's project from May - July.  This client is our largest account (and is a pretty well-known company that my employer had been trying to work with for a while).  I used to work for this client and know their culture very well.  So, they (the client) have specifically asked that I be on future projects.  The only problem is - the projects aren't ready to go.  So, my company has been keeping me "on hold" for this client.  My chargeability stats are tanking because of this, and that may affect my opportunities for a promotion or raise in the future.  GRR.
  • I'm so glad you got your grandma's fur coat!!!  When my grandpa passed away, I got two things that mean a lot to me - the Rosary he prayed (and that I made for him) the week leading up to his death, and I got this funky lime green ceramic wine glass that says "Cheap wine, expensive goblet".

For me, work is just frustrating.  I'm a consultant and was working on a specific client's project from May - July.  This client is our largest account (and is a pretty well-known company that my employer had been trying to work with for a while).  I used to work for this client and know their culture very well.  So, they (the client) have specifically asked that I be on future projects.  The only problem is - the projects aren't ready to go.  So, my company has been keeping me "on hold" for this client.  My chargeability stats are tanking because of this, and that may affect my opportunities for a promotion or raise in the future.  GRR.

That's so annoying.. You are suffering because of a "client" which may prevent you from getting more clients?

image   image   image

• Well, it may not necessarily prevent me from getting more clients. But, if things don't get moving soon, it may prevent me (or make it harder for me) to get a promotion. Our fiscal year is Sept 1 through Aug 31. I had shitty stats for this past fiscal year. Luckily, I got a clean slate as of Sept 1. I just hope I can start billing my time soon. The good thing that comes from this is the fact that this client has been saying good things about me. And those comments have gone to some of the higher ups in our company.
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    That is so sweet that your dad thought to give you the coat. That is incredibly special and I can tell you will cherish it. I've been a little MIA - so sorry to hear about you losing your grandmother. 

I admire you and the job that you do. I would have such a difficult time loving myself and the choices I would make if I were in your shoes. You are strong and fabulous for choosing this career path. So glad your patient is okay. 

My H always wanted this one car. Not to the point where he was really going to buy it, but whenever I see one on the road it makes me sad and I think of our business failures and our marriage failures and I wish things could have been different. So I get that part of what you're going through feeling sad about your H not being able to have this dream of his. But again, I admire you for being practical. 

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed myself. I am flying tomorrow to go to my best friend's wedding. Kitty is not doing well. She's 18 and we're having a not so good day. I'm watching her today and I have this weird feeling that she is going to die while I'm gone. (I'm only gone for 5 days) but I feel guilty for leaving her. I can't take her with me. 

I finally finished all of my work that I needed to complete before I fly tomorrow morning! That was a massive task. Yay! So now I'm on to trying to find a hair style for the wedding day. (I'm a bridesmaid). I'm on medication that makes me feel SUPER hot all the time. I sweat just being. But I also prefer how my hair looks down or half up half down. And I'm having some serious insecurities about my looks because I've gained 25-30 lbs so I wanna keep all the things I like about myself (like my hair) the way I like them, you know? But I'm worried about being a sweaty mess with my hair down. 

I'm also nervous about how I may react emotionally to this wedding (I miss my H a lot). 

Thanks for letting me vent, too. :) -------------------------------------- FFS TK! PARAGRAPHS!?
  • @lc07 I am so sorry to hear about your kittys health. I would be just as out of mind as you with worry. ‌Such a scary thing. Is anyone as to watch her while you're gone?

Thank you for your kind words, even about H and his car fetish. It makes me feel better that I'm not just completely messing up and doing everything wrong in this world.

image   image   image

• @lc07, screw the weight gain - I'm sure you look great!  You've been on my mind, too, regarding your meds. 
  • Thanks, @Sugargirl1019 . My closest friend here in my hometown is going to come by a couple times a day to take care of her while I'm gone. It was either that or board her at the vet but boarding her would be too traumatic. So she's in the best care possible without me or my H being here. If my heart wasn't already breaking about leaving her, it is now. I just went outside to talk to my neighbor about my trip so he knows I'll be gone and I came back inside to see this (pic attached). 

I had just started throwing stuff into a suitcase on the couch.

You are not doing everything wrong. You are wonderful. You care. A lot. And that is what matters, you know?

And thanks @sarahbear31 ! I feel SO FAT. I need to just get over it, but it's hard. I have been thinking of you, too. And I'm sorry to see that you haven't had any more work. Is there anything you can do regarding talking to your employer about giving you some projects while you wait for the next one?
  • @lc07, right now since I'm on hold (literally, in the company listing, I'm classified as "unavailable").  The project I'm staffed on was supposed to start effective 9/15.  Right now, things are supposed to start "any minute now", so there really isn't anything anyone can / will do.  Fortunately, I have email trails of me asking for work, so I'm not in danger of losing my job.  I actually had a long lunch today with a friend (who happens to be one of my former youth group kiddos).  And I'm still getting paid. Things could really be a LOT worse. 
  • Sugargirl, have you ever had anything like that happen at work before? I imagine that's super traumatic. And then to have to come home to personal problems must be really hard too. *hugs*

Sarah, I'm so glad you're at least still getting paid! I know it's hard because you want to be staying really busy right now, though.
  • 5AM SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lc07 said:

Sugargirl, have you ever had anything like that happen at work before? I imagine that's super traumatic. And then to have to come home to personal problems must be really hard too. *hugs*

Sarah, I'm so glad you're at least still getting paid! I know it's hard because you want to be staying really busy right now, though.
    No I haven't. So yea it was upsetting and stressful!

image   image   image

• Oh I'm so sorry to read this @Sugargirl1019! Sending all the hugs that your week will get better!

Oh and this--because why not?image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards