Wedding Etiquette Forum

Apparently I shouldn't have sent a TY card...

2»

Re: Apparently I shouldn't have sent a TY card...

I just..... *palmface*. I can't even. When my mother got me and FI a MEGA HUGE crazy looking crockpot I posted about it on facebook with a picture more. However, I think it's very AWish to post public thank you's for gifts in general. I have a FB friend who has done it with every. single. goddamn. gift. that her and her FI have received. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    So used the GC on some pumpkin lager. So FMIL was over and took a picture. Then sent to the crazy duo saying honestly that we really enjoyed the lager, thank you.... They now aren't speaking to those who indulge in Satan's drink. Erm, say what? When did either of our families start hating on alcohol? Seriously, I've seen cousin's pictures, we love our beer. But they had to call to tell us that. FI had to point out that hello, getting married on Halloween. Now they really aren't speaking to us. Darn.
    I've been saying this a lot about lots of people lately, but "LOL FUUUUUCK THEM!"

Satan's drink. Please. BITCHES PLEASE.

Honestly, I bet you're excited that they're no longer speaking to you. That should feel like an accomplishment worthy of an award.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Oh my god. I have no words of wisdom, but this sure was a fun read.
    My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
  • JaxInBlue said:
    I'm sorry. 

I'm wondering how the logistics of this would work, though.  DH and I got gifts from a lot of people at our wedding.  Would we need to write status updates thanking each individual who gave a gift or was part of giving a gift? If it's a status update, how frequently could we can change our status to thank a new gift giver? Would a wall message suffice?  Do we both have to gift thanks or could one of us convey thanks for both? Would tagging people in a picture of all the stuff we got work?
    I'd say one thank you status with everyone tagged would suffice :P
  • I've heard of therapy programs for people unhealthily obsessed with social media.  Maybe you could suggest to them some therapists... just make sure to post it to their Facebook.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is my favorite thing on the interwebz this month. I hope there are more updates with these crazies in the future.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wow...this whole thread was special. I agree, it sounds like them not talking to you is an accomplishment deserving an award in and of itself. The only real tragedy of them not talking to you is that we don't get to hear about more of their crazy.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I think sending the note & how you handled the messed up phone conversation is exactly how I would have done it. Though I probably would have also made a comment telling them to send back my thank you card & I'll send back their $10 gift card so they don't feel cheated. Thankfully, after reading through the comments, I'm not alone in that feeling.

If you ever feel the overwhelming urge to talk to them again, because we all just love our insane relatives, let them know that while you may not have shared it on FB, she got her 15 min of fame with all of us!

I got calls after I sent bridal shower thank you notes out, but they were people who were SURPRISED to receive an actual thank you, not MAD. Glad they took themselves out of the situation. Enjoy your "Satan's drink"!
  • Fuck facebook. I'm so over it. I haven't used mine in 5 years and I haven't missed it in the slightest. All it does is amplify the crazy in people who are already emotionally unstable. So raise a glass of Satan's Pumpkin Lager and feel good about the fact that while you may not have embraced social media, at least you still have your sanity.

Have an awesome wedding and please post follow-up about these people. So entertaining.

• edited September 2014
    So used the GC on some pumpkin lager. So FMIL was over and took a picture. Then sent to the crazy duo saying honestly that we really enjoyed the lager, thank you.... They now aren't speaking to those who indulge in Satan's drink. Erm, say what? When did either of our families start hating on alcohol? Seriously, I've seen cousin's pictures, we love our beer. But they had to call to tell us that. FI had to point out that hello, getting married on Halloween. Now they really aren't speaking to us. Darn.
    Maybe they subscribe to Miller's Man Laws?

• I"ve said it once and I'll say it again; you may have morals, but they're not the same as manners.

If I was having a bad day I'd be so tempted to goad them.
  • Sounds like those people have issues entirely unrelated to anything having to do with you or your wedding! Good luck to them and good riddance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards