Chit Chat
Options

Apparently feather baby pics are too risqué...

2»

Re: Apparently feather baby pics are too risqué...

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    I was telling H about what happened to you and his response "that is why I always say you shouldn't post personal picks. Men are pervs"
    Did you tell your husband he shouldn't draw attention to his face with talking, because it's so punchable?

Yeah, blaming the victim is making me throw serious shade at him.

He wasn't victim blaming. He was being disgusted. I know people can only assume what people mean based on what they post but his tone of voice was disgusted.
  • Options

I know this isn't helpful, but when I read the headline I thought you dressed your baby up like a Las Vegas Showgirl and that you were mad because people were calling you out.

I thought the same.

Sorry that happened OP. People can be really shitty
  • Options
    Gross gross gross.

Smash the patriarchy!

That is all.

(okay, not all. I love your bird.)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks guys.  It feels nice to know at least I'm not the only one bothered by this, and that there still are some decent people out there.  

I'm just frustrated.  So fucking frustrated.  To the point where I want to gather Fi, a few of my friends, and a few of my family members, and never talk to anyone else ever again.  I'm sick of everything.  I'm sick of trying to explain to people why a rape victim's outfit is entirely irrelevant.  I'm sick of trying to explain why a woman abused by her husband doesn't deserve to be mocked for her weakness.  I'm sick of trying to explain the concept of privacy.  And I'm so damn sick of the phrase "boys will be boys."

I'm staring at my closet right now, and I'm realizing that 80% of it is stuff I ADORE.  It's bright and colorful like what I'm wearing in that photo, it's all stuff I saw and HAD TO HAVE, and I LOVE figuring out all the different outfits I could arrange them into, I LOVE combining colors and prints.  But RARELY wear any of it.  It's too colorful.  Too flashy.  It'll demand too much attention.  It's a bit short.  A bit low.  Fits just a bit too close to my body.  Can I bend over completely?  Maybe with these tights… no, not thick enough.  Well, jeans and a fucking t shirt it is.  I have this dress I love, it's colorful, printed, I think it's fucking adorable.  I was going to wear it to a concert tomorrow, lots of spacey, jammy music, would have been perfect.  Now I'm questioning everything about it, is the print too loud, is the fit too close to my body, is it too low cut?  Should I really wear a dress like that in the city?  Dammit I just want to wear what I want without worrying about sleazy douchebags giving me shit for it.

Then there's my makeup.  I love color.  I love drama.  I have a huge box of it, I own half of fucking sephora by now.  I fucking love applying it.  I've worn it once in the past few months.  ONCE.  Can't wear too much, it's inappropriate.  Can't wear the colors I want, too flashy.  Oh, I can't wear any here, people will say I'm trying too hard.  Eh, skip it.  

Then there's my fucking male friends.  They're decent to me because they know me through FI and all think we're adorable together- so its the clearest thing on the fucking planet that I am sooooooo not available.  But I'm realizing that if I was single, I wouldn't want anything to fucking do with most of them.  They get so fucking mad at girls who turn them down.  They have so much awful shit to say about someone they were fawning over two minutes ago.  So much shit about how all women will break your heart, women are this way, women are that way.  Literally the only reason they treat me as an equal human being is because I'm so entirely unavailable I might as well be a dude.  But the women they're interested in, they don't get the same treatment.  They don't get to be entirely human.  

And then my fucking parrot picture ends up being the advertisement for a fucking horny girl chat site.  UGHHHHH.

I just…  I just want five minutes without being reminded that my gender means I will always have to work much harder to be respected, and that no matter what I do, I will always be doing something wrong.  I'll always be a slut or a prude.  I'll always be a bitch or a wuss.  I'll always be condescending or stupid. And if anything happens to me, it will always be entirely my fault.  

I'm sorry for the rant.  I'll probably calm down soon.  I just…  I think I need to stop talking to people for a while. And stop looking at any sort of social media.  I think after this concert I'm done with people other than FI, my immediate family, and a few of my friends.  I'll still pop in here though, because this is one of the FEW places that actually makes me feel better, that there are decent people out there who understand women's rights and feminism.  I guess I'm just having a hard time finding them elsewhere.  
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  It feels nice to know at least I'm not the only one bothered by this, and that there still are some decent people out there.  

I'm just frustrated.  So fucking frustrated.  To the point where I want to gather Fi, a few of my friends, and a few of my family members, and never talk to anyone else ever again.  I'm sick of everything.  I'm sick of trying to explain to people why a rape victim's outfit is entirely irrelevant.  I'm sick of trying to explain why a woman abused by her husband doesn't deserve to be mocked for her weakness.  I'm sick of trying to explain the concept of privacy.  And I'm so damn sick of the phrase "boys will be boys."

I'm staring at my closet right now, and I'm realizing that 80% of it is stuff I ADORE.  It's bright and colorful like what I'm wearing in that photo, it's all stuff I saw and HAD TO HAVE, and I LOVE figuring out all the different outfits I could arrange them into, I LOVE combining colors and prints.  But RARELY wear any of it.  It's too colorful.  Too flashy.  It'll demand too much attention.  It's a bit short.  A bit low.  Fits just a bit too close to my body.  Can I bend over completely?  Maybe with these tights… no, not thick enough.  Well, jeans and a fucking t shirt it is.  I have this dress I love, it's colorful, printed, I think it's fucking adorable.  I was going to wear it to a concert tomorrow, lots of spacey, jammy music, would have been perfect.  Now I'm questioning everything about it, is the print too loud, is the fit too close to my body, is it too low cut?  Should I really wear a dress like that in the city?  Dammit I just want to wear what I want without worrying about sleazy douchebags giving me shit for it.

Then there's my makeup.  I love color.  I love drama.  I have a huge box of it, I own half of fucking sephora by now.  I fucking love applying it.  I've worn it once in the past few months.  ONCE.  Can't wear too much, it's inappropriate.  Can't wear the colors I want, too flashy.  Oh, I can't wear any here, people will say I'm trying too hard.  Eh, skip it.  

Then there's my fucking male friends.  They're decent to me because they know me through FI and all think we're adorable together- so its the clearest thing on the fucking planet that I am sooooooo not available.  But I'm realizing that if I was single, I wouldn't want anything to fucking do with most of them.  They get so fucking mad at girls who turn them down.  They have so much awful shit to say about someone they were fawning over two minutes ago.  So much shit about how all women will break your heart, women are this way, women are that way.  Literally the only reason they treat me as an equal human being is because I'm so entirely unavailable I might as well be a dude.  But the women they're interested in, they don't get the same treatment.  They don't get to be entirely human.  

And then my fucking parrot picture ends up being the advertisement for a fucking horny girl chat site.  UGHHHHH.

I just…  I just want five minutes without being reminded that my gender means I will always have to work much harder to be respected, and that no matter what I do, I will always be doing something wrong.  I'll always be a slut or a prude.  I'll always be a bitch or a wuss.  I'll always be condescending or stupid. And if anything happens to me, it will always be entirely my fault.  

I'm sorry for the rant.  I'll probably calm down soon.  I just…  I think I need to stop talking to people for a while. And stop looking at any sort of social media.  I think after this concert I'm done with people other than FI, my immediate family, and a few of my friends.  I'll still pop in here though, because this is one of the FEW places that actually makes me feel better, that there are decent people out there who understand women's rights and feminism.  I guess I'm just having a hard time finding them elsewhere.  
  • Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014

Girl, preach.

I had the same rant a little while back about men thinking they're entitled to sex and when they don't get it they freak out and call the girl that denied them their "birth right" a slut.  How does that even make sense.

I showed FI the picture and he'd like me to tell you that even though he's sure you're a real pretty lady, your picture with the parrot does nothing for him and would make him think the website had some weird bird bestiality in it, therefore a big nope nope nope to that website.  So hopefully they just screwed themselves over by stealing your picture.

ETA: Words are hard when you're on a word rampage.

• Options
    BTW you can get in touch with Tumblr and have them remove the image. Would you like me to PM you the info?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @beethery I would appreciate that a lot.  
  • Options
    I loved your post. Like, click-the-button loved it. 

Because it was brilliant. Fucking brilliant. It just needs to be everywhere.

Also I loved a post that said they originally thought that you'd dressed up a baby as a showgirl. I loved that one because that was pretty much my first thought too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    That's awful! But unfortunately, deleting the post won't do anything. If they added a caption, they re-hosted the image. The only thing you can do is try to report them for stealing your copywriten content, which probably won't go anywhere. But if they did this with you- they did this with others and it isn't OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards