Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

I am so tired of the f-ing wedding hair

I had my second hair trial last night. The first one was awhile ago, and it was really, really terrible and so I dropped that stylist and found a new one. I thought the trial went awesome - she did three different styles and I ended up loving two of them - one was a half up style, and one was a side pony. Both were poofy on the top, which I liked, because I typically have pin straight, flat, fine hair.

I get home, pumped, and make the terrible mistake of showing my FI the photos. And while my FI normally is so, so complimentary of how I look, he just sort of stared at the pictures and was like, "Uhhh.... why can't you just wear your hair normal? Like you do everyday? I don't really like these." I seriously had a meltdown. We are three weeks out from our wedding and I am already insanely stressed about everything that people stress out about (missing RSVPs... seating charts... crazy people asking if they can bring their kids... my dress alterations are a disaster, etc.). So this was like, the final straw on my sanity.

I don't want to have a third hair trial, I'm annoyed (read: pissed) at my FI for saying anything other than "HAIR LOOKS GREAT!", and I have no idea what to do. Should I give a crap about FI's opinion about my hair? And just on my wedding day tell the stylist, "Changed my mind. Just blow it out, leave it down, and curl the ends?" Uggggghhhhhh.

Re: I am so tired of the f-ing wedding hair

• FI hated my makeup trials because it didn't look like "me". I kept trying to look different and "special" but in the end you have to do what makes you happy and comfortable. If you love the hair and it makes you happy.... Go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenijoyk said:

I had my second hair trial last night. The first one was awhile ago, and it was really, really terrible and so I dropped that stylist and found a new one. I thought the trial went awesome - she did three different styles and I ended up loving two of them - one was a half up style, and one was a side pony. Both were poofy on the top, which I liked, because I typically have pin straight, flat, fine hair.

I get home, pumped, and make the terrible mistake of showing my FI the photos. And while my FI normally is so, so complimentary of how I look, he just sort of stared at the pictures and was like, "Uhhh.... why can't you just wear your hair normal? Like you do everyday? I don't really like these." I seriously had a meltdown. We are three weeks out from our wedding and I am already insanely stressed about everything that people stress out about (missing RSVPs... seating charts... crazy people asking if they can bring their kids... my dress alterations are a disaster, etc.). So this was like, the final straw on my sanity.

I don't want to have a third hair trial, I'm annoyed (read: pissed) at my FI for saying anything other than "HAIR LOOKS GREAT!", and I have no idea what to do. Should I give a crap about FI's opinion about my hair? And just on my wedding day tell the stylist, "Changed my mind. Just blow it out, leave it down, and curl the ends?" Uggggghhhhhh.

I don't think your FI can envision the whole look. Maybe you just need a glass of wine, kick your feet back, focus on something else for now. Go back to wedding hair decision night before or day of. Or post pics and we can try to help.
  • I didn't show my H even one single aspect of my wedding look (except my shoes because I was breaking them in walking around the house) because I figured if I showed him, he would be critical.

But if I just showed up on our wedding day and married him after the GM had lubed him up a little with some scotch, he'd be amazed and elated if I showed up in a plastic bag. I was betting that the endorphins would be flying so high that he'd think the sun rose out of my ass, and I was right.
  • I didn't show my H even one single aspect of my wedding look (except my shoes because I was breaking them in walking around the house) because I figured if I showed him, he would be critical.

But if I just showed up on our wedding day and married him after the GM had lubed him up a little with some scotch, he'd be amazed and elated if I showed up in a plastic bag. I was betting that the endorphins would be flying so high that he'd think the sun rose out of my ass, and I was right.
    Best thing ever. 

Hahahaha - I know!!!! He wouldn't have thought a thing about my hair if I hadn't shown him. So dumb of me!!!! Oh well. You guys are right. I'm tabling this for a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards