October 2014 Weddings

Tell us about your honeymoon!

I'm so excited for the honeymoon.  It's been many years since I have gone on a full week vacation.  This will be the first full week vacation FI and I have taken during our relationship.  He gets minimal time off so we do a lot of weekend getaways.  Plus, we've never flown anywhere together.  Lots of firsts for us. 

We are going to Boston for 6 days, two days after the wedding.  We are not exactly beach lovers and we always wanted to do New England in the fall and go somewhere neither of us has been.  I definitely want to eat a lot of lobster, go whale watching, go to some little coastal town(s) like Salem for a day trip, and definitely lots of relaxing!!! 

So, where/when are you going?

Re: Tell us about your honeymoon!

• I'm super exicted too!!! All I know is we are going to a beach resort somewhere in Belize for 7 nights! FI has planned everything and is keeping it a surprise! My only criteria was that I have a beach and a drink in my hand...I am looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing! :)
  • We are going to Portugal for 8 days. We leave 2 days after the wedding. I've been to Spain but not Portugal. We are really looking forward to it. FI isn't a beach but so we are doing day trips. Really looking forward to going :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are waiting until May take the full honey moon because of his job. We will do a weekend at a bed and breakfast the weekend after the wedding, but in May, We are going on a cruise to Bermuda!! He has never been on a Cruise before, but I have been on many, and I know he is going to LOVE it!! Only thing is, I'm hoping to be pregnant by then, so hopefully everything will run smoothly, and I won't be too far along!
  • We're leaving for our honeymoon the Monday after the wedding. Sunday my parent's want to have a brunch with our OOT family and then after the brunch we'll spend the rest of the day with FI's OOT family.

On Monday we leave in the afternoon for MUNICH, GERMANY!!!! SOOOOOO EXCITED! We're taking 8 total days but we'll only have 6 full days in Germany because the other two days are travel days. On Tuesday we fly in at 8 am and plan to just go from there (no sleeping!!).

In Munich we plan to do the following:

Visit this giant glockenspiel that puts on a show once every day at the same time.

Go to every single brew house we can find.

Attend a soccer game at the Munich Olympic Stadium.

Visit some of FI's family friends who got married last year and moved to Munich.

Visit my German cousin's in a small town called Waldkraiburg.

We'll also be taking a couple of day trips. One to Salzburg, Austria where the Sound of Music was filmed. I've gotten a couple restaurant recommendations for Salzburg and we'll also do a Sound of Music set tour which is apparently highly recommended. The other day trip I want to do is probably to Garmisch and also Neuschwanstein (it's a big fairy tale looking castle) and Nymphenburg Palace. I'd really like to go to Heidelburg Castle but the train trip is going to be too far for our short timeline.

I don't have a ton of details planned because I really want the ability to be flexible when we get there. I just want to walk around, enjoy the scenery, and explore rather than have a super tight timeline. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS TRIP!!!!!!!!

• We are leaving for our wedding on Sunday; getting married on Tuesday; staying at Disney World until Saturday.  Our family will be with us, so we are hoping to go back to Disney World in May (as part of our package we get annual passes).  I'm contemplating maybe going away for a weekend before then so we can just have some alone time before that.
    Sunday - Arrive at Disney World; get favors ordered go to Magic Kingdom for the evening
    Monday - Go to Animal Kingdom in the morning; in the afternoon I will get my dress delivered; check out a few other things
    Tuesday - Get married
    Wednesday - Food and Wine fest with FI's family (drinkin' around the world)
    Thursday - Magic Kingdom (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the evening)
    Friday - Hollywood Studios
    Saturday - Fly Home :-( ; laundry and playing with all the pets will follow

Anniversary
  • We are going to the brand new Sandals in Grenada in November for 8 days! I am so excited, we haven't taken a vacation in 2 years due to saving for our wedding! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't have much vacation time left at work, so we are doing a small honeymoon in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We're renting a cabin in the woods, hiking, exploring the town, going to a spa, and just relaxing. Hoping to do a week-long cruise sometime next year. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • We're getting married on Sunday the 12th, and leaving for our honeymoon on the red eye Tuesday morning. We're staying for 12 days at secrets silver sands in Mexico. I'm soooo excited. We splurged for their preferred club and got a swim up room too. Can't even contain myself. I'm looking forward to relaxing on the beach and by the pool and doing nothing for almost 2 weeks. We're going to do some excursions while were there too, but mostly reading and relaxing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We have never flown on a plane together so for our honeymoon we will be going to Maui which neither one of us has been there either! 5 days 4 nights and one day in Oahu!! I think i might be more excited for the honeymoon than my actual wedding day!!!
  • Aw, all of your honeymoons make me so jealous!

My honeymoon runs right up until inventory at my store, so I have to be back in time for that, so we're only doing 5 days. We are going to an AI in Mexico (Puerto Vallarta). I am SO excited to be able to eat and drink as much as I want!

We are also doing a dolphin swim, city tour, ATV excursion, and a spa day!

They have a cool-looking zipline that I may try to talk Fi into.
  • We are going to an all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico for a week… and leaving two days after the wedding. I'm really looking forward to just relaxing on the beach with a drink in my hand! 

Unfortunately the current weather forecast says rain, rain, and more rain the entire week -- so I'm really hoping that changes.
  • We have never flown on a plane together so for our honeymoon we will be going to Maui which neither one of us has been there either! 5 days 4 nights and one day in Oahu!! I think i might be more excited for the honeymoon than my actual wedding day!!!
    Ditto!  Plus I finally got FI to agree to a couple's massage!  I've been wanting to do that with him for years, he's never had a massage.  
    Ditto!  Plus I finally got FI to agree to a couple's massage!  I've been wanting to do that with him for years, he's never had a massage.  
    Fi really doesn't enjoy anything spa related (well, that's a lie, not ANYTHING, he likes the sitting around and drinking aspect). But he's really not into massages or saunas or any of that. So spa days are pretty much my own personal getaway. Which is fine, since I think he always feels guilty and encourages me to get multiple treatments and will usually surprise me with a third when I arrive so that it's really a full day of pampering. :)
  • SehlinBrideSehlinBride member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    @Pepperally Ohmygosh!!! Lucky!! I have been pegging and bribing mine forever and he will not get one! I am going to try and convince him once we are there though!!! I always tell him that he would love it!!!
  • @Pepperally Ohmygosh!!! Lucky!! I have been pegging and bribing mine forever and he will not get one! I am going to try and convince him once we are there though!!! I always tell him that he would love it!!!
    Yeah, I mean, he certainly can't get enough of the ones I give him, and I tell him...you think this feels good, you should get a real massage...one that lasts more than 15 minutes when my hands get tired!  Hopefully you can convince him while you're there!
  • Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    13 days in Italy. Rome, Florence and Venice. We're doing some tours but also some days on our own. Our big splurge was a private tour of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. I have been to Italy for work before but never as a tourist and FI has never been.

We are also taking a day trip to the village that his great grandparents came from which is the only completely walled-in city still in Italy. I'm crazy excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're leaving the Monday after the wedding. Staying at an all inclusive resort in St Lucia. I used to go away with the girls every year. Husband to be hasn't been on a vacation in 10 years. I am surprising husband to be with a couples massage on the beach. The best travel agent in the business gifted us with a dinner on the beach..just the two of us. After all the stress of wedding planning, we can't wait.
  • @LaPeanut1018 - I really loved the town of Heidelberg and the castle - it has the world's largest wine barrel that has a dance floor built on top of it.  The castle was under renovations when I was there but it was the only castle we visited on my trip and I loved it.  I just loved that town.  It was the first town we arrived in and it was just so quaint.  But, what town in Europe isn't quaint, right?  You will have such a great time.  Salzburg was lovely as well.  It's kind of weird - I just realized that we have a town called Heidelberg and a town called Saltsburg where I'm from.  Crazy. 
  • @Pepperally I lived in Heidelburg for three years when I was really young (both my sisters were born there) and I'd love to go back! We just don't have the time on this trip. I'll have to remember what you mentioned for whenever we do make it back to Germany.

• @Pepperally, your honeymoon sounds like our dream honeymoon! We talked about doing something similar, but a friend convinced me to do an all-inclusive with butler service, because even though we aren't beach people, it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing. I've gotten super excited about it - we have a villa with a private plunge pool, situated between the bedroom and the living room. We have a personal butler who can accommodate our every whim. Private candlelight dinner on the beach, unlimited room service, a trip to some awesome waterfalls, and hopefully a massage and lots of wine! 
  • @billagirly‌ you'd HM sounds like mine! Where are you going?
  • We are going to Montego Bay Jamaica for 6 nights and 7 days at Secets St. James all inclusive! This will be our first flight together! We are so excited!!! 8 more days until our wedding and 10 more days until our honeymoon! 
  • @JennyColada - we are going to Sandals Grande Riviera and staying in a Romeo & Juliet suite. What about you?
  • @billagirly‌ we are going to Puerto Vallarta and staying at the Grand Velas.

I'm SUPER excited for 24 hour room service!
  • We are going to Jamaica for 5 nights and 6 days and I am beyond excited!!! We are going to completely relax with no responsibilities!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well... We were scheduled to fly to Cabo October 19th, a week after our wedding, BUT Cabo got hit by lovely hurricane Odile. UGH. TALK ABOUT STRESSED TO THE MAX!  Our resort originally told us that they would reopen October 10th so not to worry about a thing, so I thought all was good.  Well they called us Friday and said they will no longer be open until December 1st. :(:(:(  They said they had a resort in Cancun and would transfer our stay over there for no extra charge so that's what we were planning to do.  We talked to the airline and found out that flights to Cancun right now are running $1100 a person!  Since we paid around $500 for Cabo tickets we would have to pay the $600 per person difference, making it a grand total of 1200 EXTRA dollars that we would have to pay.  I was SO sad I seriously about lost it.  Me and fiance spent our whole Friday night trying to decide what to do.  We knew we could not afford an additional $1200 but didn't want to postpone our honeymoon until December.  We searched for additional places to honeymoon and finally found tickets to Puerto Vallarta which were almost exactly the same price as our Cabo tickets.  BUT our resort would not transfer there.  So what we decided to do was take a refund from our resort in Cabo and use it towards a new resort in Puerto Vallarta. Since we got a really good deal on the resort in Cabo the resort in Puerto Vallarta is costing us about $600 more after our refund which sucks, but is more manageable than the $1200 Cancun price.  UGH I was so frustrated and bummed. :(  I'm trying to be positive and just be thankful that we are still taking a honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LDay2014 said:
    we spent way too much money on the house renos so instead of going away, we are doing a staycation...and loving it!

We booked a 5* hotel in Toronto for 3 nights (cost a total of $83 using travel rewards) and have some activities planned when we're down there
    • Medieval Times
    • Ripley's Aquarium
    • Steamwhistle Brewery Tour
    • Walking Tour of Yonge Street (our first date we did this)
    • 2 fancy dinners
    • massages
    and then after that, we will head up to our cottage for another 3-4 nights of peace and quiet with our 100lb rottweiler puppy.

It's very 'us' to do this kind of thing and I'm super excited!
    The aquarium is amazing. Also have you been to centerville island?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Old Montreal and our hotel is right off the port.
    I can not wait for morning croissants and strolls around Old Montreal.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Secrets Maroma Beach for 10 days of All Inclusive relaxation!!! I love outdoorsy active type stuff too so we plan on snorkling, jet skiing, kayaaking as well. Can't wait to eat and drink to my heart's content!

I live in the Boston area. Have so much fun during your time here! Salem during October is amazing, you will never see such a vibrant Halloween loving town! Be sure to check out the old cemetaries, so cool! I just noticed this morning how the leaves are really starting to be so beautiful. When you come it they will have changed even more and will be amazing! As for another seaport town, Rockport is a fun little town with shops,cafes, restaurants on the water, etc.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards