Chit Chat

It's Friiddaayyyyy!

And it's been two days since my ring was sent in to get fixed and I'm freaking out thinking I'll never get it back. I did read some reviews from people getting diamonds replaced for free, so I'm not so worried about that anymore.. But I miss it! They told me it'd be 8 weeks. :(

I'm home on my day off, moms in the hospital still, and her little 4 pound Maltese is whining and CRYING at the front door... And I just want to go back to sleep..

But I'm going to look at our house again because cabinets are supposed to be in today! Yay!

How's your day? :)

image   image   image

Re: It's Friiddaayyyyy!

• Girl, you know I feel ya on that ring drama! It'll be back before you know it and it is better to fix the roof before it starts raining if you know what I mean.

I am obsessed with cabinets. What color are you doing?

Today is marriage license day and bach party this weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • H finally pushed my lazy ass out of bed, so I'm getting up and ready for a closing shift.

Anniversary
  • Cabinets are a very dark brown, like espresso color. And my wood floors are a dark brown with grey tinge.. My counters are white/grey granite. Sound weird I know, but it looks SO good in person!! Can't wait to see it actually in my house!

Have fun at your party! And keep that license in a safe place!

image   image   image

• @SaraBrideSoon that's so exciting! What are you doing for your bach?

It's a pretty good day here. Except that it's icky and gross outside, all dark and stormy and generally unpleasant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Finally! Longest week ever- first week back from the honeymoon and it was month end (accountan) so I was here 2 hours late every day. Yay for cabinets! hen does your mom get to go home? How's she doing? I'm doing lunch with a friend Saturday, chores, Sunday having a bbq at my in laws. Which I am pissed about, but that's a whole 'nother story. lol

• I just want to go back to sleeeeeeeeep
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @Sugargirl1019--It doesn't sound weird. It sounds gorgeous! I definitely want to see pics!

@blabla89--Copious amounts of alcohol!

• Were looking at a new apartment today before I go into work! We've been debating forever about what to do next (buy/rent) since our apartment is so teeny. We found a fabulous 2 bedroom nearby that I'm super jazzed abou. And it's owned by our same management group- so no application fee, no security deposit. I'm super excited!!
    imageimage">
  • That sounds so pretty! I hope your mom gets better. Everyone's weekends sound more fun than mine ha.  I'm soo happy it's friday. We had a science day yesterday so I was running around like a mad woman. I also had a test that lasted 3 hours and I went to the doctor. My ear is better so yay! I wish I could relax this weekend but I have another test, two labs, and a another science day. So boo.
  • So this is actually my kitchen layout. With the same cabinets and the same floor. We aren't doing green and blue accents though.

image   image   image

• @Sugargirl1019 I love your kitchen and I envy you. Our kitchen isn't my favorite. At least we have a lot of windows in ours.
  • Ugh I'm DYING to get a new house just so I can have a new kitchen. I'm so jealous. Your kitchen sounds GORGEOUS.

I'm making enchiladas tonight so that's exciting. Might have to get some margarita stuff. 

DH has an appointment with his orthopedic surgeon today to start the process of seeing if he needs surgery on his other shoulder. He had the right one operated on in March (torn labrum) and had JUST BARELY gotten back into working out when he crashed his bike and landed on the left shoulder. So now he thinks he tore that one too. If he needs another surgery, he wants to have it this year since he already paid his full deductible. Yuck.

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Thanks guys! Mom is doing MUCH better I'm pretty sure she's coming home today.

@Sugargirl1019 I love your kitchen and I envy you. Our kitchen isn't my favorite. At least we have a lot of windows in ours.

See, the one thing about being in a townhouse is... There's only windows in the front and back of the house. So I don't have a bunch of natural light. That being said, the back wall is practically all windows. See picture. That half wall in the middle is actually where the island will be for the kitchen.

ETA: we added a SHIT ton of puck lights though in the ceiling to make up for the lack of natural light!

image   image   image

• @lolo883 I'm sorry about your DHs shoulder! I hope everything goes well and works out for what is best for him and you. DH has really bad knees from basketball. I'm dreading the day he needs knee surgery.

image   image   image

• That sounds really cool! I'm just going to live through you at the moment. See when V and I get a house I'm pretty sure it will be a single family. We both love natural light too much. That's my favorite thing about our apartment. We are surrounded by windows. I get to see all the birds!
  • @Sugargirl1019‌ New houses are so exciting and such fun!
  • Pretty good, after work today I'm shipping out an order for Etsy which means I'll freak out for the next few days.  I package my shit carefully but postal workers are just big butts sometimes.  IDK how thrown around stuff is going to get.  Plus I just see nightmare stories all over Etsy where they ship stuff out, and the post office breaks it, or LOSES it, or delivers it late then the customer gives the SHOP a bad review for the post office fucking up.  

I hope my customer likes bubble wrap.  Because they're getting like half a roll in that package.  
  • @lolo883 make me enchiladas and margaritas please?

image   image   image

Spirit, Delta and American all fly non-stop from Dallas to Detroit! :)

DH has bad knees too. The man is falling apart. You'd think he was 73 rather than 33.

• @HaileyDancingbear I know V would be happy with the bubble wrap. When he gets some from a package he plays with it constantly!

DH has bad knees too. The man is falling apart. You'd think he was 73 rather than 33.

I loved the flight info, not your poor DHs old man syndrome.

Detroit is lined up with Dallas pretty much right? super close. Haha

image   image   image

Are we married to the same man?? H has a plate & 6 screws in his shoulder from a biking accident, and had knee surgery in HS from a sports accident. He turns extra gimpy in the cold weather.

SS comes over tonight and we're celebrating his 16th (1!6!) birthday, so cake. Tomorrow morning I'm taking family photos for a friend in Evergreen and while I'm not excited to miss some sleep in time, I am excited to hit the hills and peep some leaves so I won't fuss. And Sunday my BFF is bringing her babies over so we'll spend the afternoon with cuddles and football. Not a bad weekend, me thinks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Are we married to the same man?? H has a plate & 6 screws in his shoulder from a biking accident, and had knee surgery in HS from a sports accident. He turns extra gimpy in the cold weather.

SS comes over tonight and we're celebrating his 16th (1!6!) birthday, so cake. Tomorrow morning I'm taking family photos for a friend in Evergreen and while I'm not excited to miss some sleep in time, I am excited to hit the hills and peep some leaves so I won't fuss. And Sunday my BFF is bringing her babies over so we'll spend the afternoon with cuddles and football. Not a bad weekend, me thinks.
    I think so! DH has had one knee surgery from a sports accident too. 

The man is 6'3" (6'4"?) I am NOT looking forward to having to pull his ass up off the toilet when he has another knee surgery. Darn you, "in sickness and in health!" ;-)

16, ahh! I'm assuming you've told him about Baby Bean? How did he take it? 

• Sugargirl, little Deedee, can't wait to see pics of your cabinets! Colours actually sound great! I had a quiet Friday, cleaning and talking to mummy on Skype. Tonight for dinner I'm making oven baked honey mustard chicken with saffron rice and sauteed veggies. I want wine so bad...didn't I say that already?...I don't have moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I think so! DH has had one knee surgery from a sports accident too. 

The man is 6'3" (6'4"?) I am NOT looking forward to having to pull his ass up off the toilet when he has another knee surgery. Darn you, "in sickness and in health!" ;-)

16, ahh! I'm assuming you've told him about Baby Bean? How did he take it? 
    JHC - they ARE the same man!!

SS is thrilled (...and I quote, "awww - this is going to be so much fun" ;) ). He has a 6-year-old brother from his mom & stepdad and he is head over heels in love with him, so I think he's going to have a new little sibling to dote on...for a year, before he goes off to college.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not  to thread jack but I have a question! I have a hair appointment today and I have no idea what color I want. I don't really want to go blond though. I'm pale, have hazel eyes, and I'm cool tone? Any suggestions would be awesome guys.
  • Kitten has been playing nonstop for over 2 hours. I have been trying to follow her so I can make sure she doesn't get into anything and I am exhausted.
    eyeroll
  • Not  to thread jack but I have a question! I have a hair appointment today and I have no idea what color I want. I don't really want to go blond though. I'm pale, have hazel eyes, and I'm cool tone? Any suggestions would be awesome guys.
    What about a light auburn?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards