Chit Chat

Another crazy bump thread

Re: Another crazy bump thread

• Wwooowwww....that was insane! Thanks for the link! I think a lot were upset because she stole images of a child. They have created a community and share bits of their lives together centering around their kids, like we have done with our/close family members weddings. All of a sudden someone they thought they had even a small bond with is a catfish for over a year!  I wouldn't care if I posted a pic of a wedding thing that someone stole, but I sure as hell would get riled up if I thought there was a real possibility of someone stealing my children's pictures. The Internet is a crazy place. Hopefully no one actually gets harmed from this (wo)man. 

• BrandNewJ said:
    Wwooowwww....that was insane! Thanks for the link! I think a lot were upset because she stole images of a child. They have created a community and share bits of their lives together centering around their kids, like we have done with our/close family members weddings. All of a sudden someone they thought they had even a small bond with is a catfish for over a year!  I wouldn't care if I posted a pic of a wedding thing that someone stole, but I sure as hell would get riled up if I thought there was a real possibility of someone stealing my children's pictures. The Internet is a crazy place. Hopefully no one actually gets harmed from this (wo)man. 

I get this. But at the same time, that's what you open yourself up to when you post pictures on a public website. 

And if someone wanted to steal photos, they'd be smarter to never create a whole story and just lurk and rip them off the site quietly. The unknowns are scarier than the knowns, I think. 

I completely agree. I just see where they are coming from. They thought they were safe in their sense of community, and weren't, and got a jolt back to the reality of the Internet. Personally, if I were a part of that group, I'd be upset too. I don't have children so it isn't any issue, I just hope those parents and children who are a part of that community are safe.
  • Seriously. The girl who started the entire thing was then on page 20 like "oh I texted her and she's real sorry about it and she doesn't have kids and blah blah". Like WTF. Why do you have this girl's phone number? I thought the whole point of internet forums was the fun of anonymity. So how can you be so upset with divulging baby pictures and personal information to this person when you're fucking texting them! WEIRD. I understand that some girls on here have met in real life and became friends and then that's cool to text, but to do it with someone you haven't met. No. Sorry, even you regs that I love, you aint getting my phone number and I don't want yours.

• It seems a lot of them had each others phone numbers.

I'm on another forum where a lot of us have each others numbers and have hung out. I would never think to ask anyone on TK or TB for a number because this seems more anonymous.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jenna8984 said:
    Seriously. The girl who started the entire thing was then on page 20 like "oh I texted her and she's real sorry about it and she doesn't have kids and blah blah". Like WTF. Why do you have this girl's phone number? I thought the whole point of internet forums was the fun of anonymity. So how can you be so upset with divulging baby pictures and personal information to this person when you're fucking texting them! WEIRD. I understand that some girls on here have met in real life and became friends and then that's cool to text, but to do it with someone you haven't met. No. Sorry, even you regs that I love, you aint getting my phone number and I don't want yours.

Yes they did exact number and personal information. They had "labor buddies" so they would call/ text someone when they went into labor and the other person would let the whole board know. They also mail each other coupons. So its every easy to get someones personal info. 
    And I completely agree with what others have said. As much as I like some of you, I don't need to be your Facebook friend, have your phone number or see a picture of you to prove that your real. Thanks but no thanks. 
    *** sorry that last part sounded really negative. I didn't mean it like it came out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

Yes they did exact number and personal information. They had "labor buddies" so they would call/ text someone when they went into labor and the other person would let the whole board know. They also mail each other coupons. So its every easy to get someones personal info. 
    And I completely agree with what others have said. As much as I like some of you, I don't need to be your Facebook friend, have your phone number or see a picture of you to prove that your real. Thanks but no thanks. 
    *** sorry that last part sounded really negative. I didn't mean it like it came out. 

lol me too, I didn't mean it to be mean luckya23! 

• Hmm.. Well at least y'all know I'm real....

Seriously though, scary as crap. :(

image   image   image

• You mean you guys don't want to text me on my wedding day??

• hellohkb said:
    You mean you guys don't want to text me on my wedding day??
    I don't sleep before big trips or events, so I almost guarantee I'll be dicking around on TK on and off at least during during the AM hours before I have to start getting ready. Who's to say what I'll have time for after that?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• True that. Since I use TK on mobile I'm sure I'll be lurking.

• doeydo said:
    Maybe I read it with the wrong intent/tone of voice in my head, and I apologize if I did and if I acted a bit too swiftly or harshly.  
    That said, I wouldn't see anything wrong with a newbie or someone from TB coming over and if he or she was riled by something posted a "really/wtf?" sort of thing.  Because one would expect for others of the community to explain what they meant (ie. maybe the newbie is missing some inside joke or something).  No, I was not trying to stir the pot.  Heck, if I wanted to do that, I would have a hell of a lot more to post on here.

Not our circus, not our monkeys. They were clearly freaking out over one of their "own" not being who they thought she was, they didn't need an absolute stranger lecturing them on political correctness over something she read incorrectly.
    GOD T K will you never fix mobile editing?!?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    I'm sorry... but WHAT?
    I'm a little late to this party but it seems like the long and the short of it is this: "omg we formed *bonds* with a stranger on the internet and shared pictures of our children with her and SHE'S NOT WHO SHE SAYS SHE IS. I am so distraught and creeped out by this!"
    Fool you shared your pictures with everyone on the damn internet; I've been lurking TB for months. If you are that concerned about your child's privacy don't post their pictures and relevant information for ANYONE TO READ.
    Alright but seriously. Real talk time: I've catfished before (I was in high school, so it was a while ago). 1. It's entertaining. 2. It's mostly harmless. 3. Don't get your panties in a wad. This isn't real life, these aren't your real friends. They can only hurt you if you let them. 4. People tell stories about themselves all the time that aren't "true."
    But seriously, if you people aren't actually engaged/newlyweds.... guess what? It doesn't change why I'm here. Fun conversations, punctuated occasionally by enough drama for your mama llama.

Edited because apparently when I'm on a real computer I don't have to html the shit out of everything. AWESOME.
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014

Wegl13 said:
    I'm sorry... but WHAT?
    I'm a little late to this party but it seems like the long and the short of it is this: "omg we formed *bonds* with a stranger on the internet and shared pictures of our children with her and SHE'S NOT WHO SHE SAYS SHE IS. I am so distraught and creeped out by this!"
    Fool you shared your pictures with everyone on the damn internet; I've been lurking TB for months. If you are that concerned about your child's privacy don't post their pictures and relevant information for ANYONE TO READ.

Alright but seriously. Real talk time: I've catfished before (I was in high school, so it was a while ago). 1. It's entertaining. 2. It's mostly harmless. 3. Don't get your panties in a wad. This isn't real life, these aren't your real friends. They can only hurt you if you let them. 4. People tell stories about themselves all the time that aren't "true."
    But seriously, if you people aren't actually engaged/newlyweds.... guess what? It doesn't change why I'm here. Fun conversations, punctuated occasionally by enough drama for your mama llama.

Edited because apparently when I'm on a real computer I don't have to html the shit out of everything. AWESOME.
    110 percent that.  QFT

I don't find all this that crazy.  I mean, the thread is crazy, but the fakealoo girl?  Stuff like that happens all the time. 

There's a reason I don't post pics of myself on here. The closest I get to posting my location is that I live in Alaska. And when I post stories, I change details so it's harder to identify. I don't ever make up an entire story, but I'll change certain details so people who know me wouldn't know the story.
  • What a fucking shit show.  Who offered cookies and wine??  I'd like some please.  ;)  And Salsera was there!!  I miss her posting here.    

• Wegl13 said:
    I'm sorry... but WHAT?

110 percent that.  QFT

I don't find all this that crazy.  I mean, the thread is crazy, but the fakealoo girl?  Stuff like that happens all the time. 

There's a reason I don't post pics of myself on here. The closest I get to posting my location is that I live in Alaska. And when I post stories, I change details so it's harder to identify. I don't ever make up an entire story, but I'll change certain details so people who know me wouldn't know the story.
    Thank you Op for posting. That was very entertaining, but at the same time I agree with @Wegl13 and @Lovesclimbing The fake girl didn't really do the most horrible thing imagenable, and I felt sorry for her. Yes she shouldn't have done that but... she was just lonely, created a fantasy, it made her happy, and apparently she wasn't god-awful since others seemed to like her as well. Someone creating a fake profile and trolling like we have on here soemtimes is one thing but... I don't know. some people were reacting like she had stolen credit cards and created hate websites with her fake ID, not just tried to slip into the club for free.
  • lyndausvi said:
    What I took out of this thread was do not use Doey for any re-con missions.
    Honestly, I cracked up. I felt like I was watching a movie, and then someone from the audience suddenly popped up on the screen. 
    What the hell? Doey, get back to your seat and pass the popcorn!
  • doeydo said:
    lyndausvi said:
    What I took out of this thread was do not use Doey for any re-con missions.
    Honestly, I cracked up. I felt like I was watching a movie, and then someone from the audience suddenly popped up on the screen. 
    What the hell? Doey, get back to your seat and pass the popcorn!
    Yes Doey, we have enough drama to have our own freak shows that you can participate in on TK :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'M VERY CONFUSED
  • luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014

-wrong thread-

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Well it took me long enough to read the darn thing that I got a notification that I have been promoted to member. Shit, I guess I better start TTC or whatever.
  • It's still going.  They sound like they are turning on each other.  I think trolls are trying to push it to over 100,000 views or something by stirring the pot repeatedly and making more controversy.

Also, I wish some bumpies would fix their siggys.  More than one says they are 52 weeks pregnant.  Pretty sure that would be uncomfortable...
    My vagina is scared to ask, what size fruit that would be?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards