Chit Chat

What did/will you walk down the isle to?

Re: What did/will you walk down the isle to?

• We are walking to a harp Intro Track from the movie The Duchess and recessional will be a 3 violin version of the Wedding March by Wagner. Very classic I'm afraid...:S
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A our processional was the Married Theme from Up, and then I walked in to Rigaudon (André Campra). A GM sang John Denver's Annie's Song during the ceremony, and the recessional was Raider's March from Indiana Jones. I loved all of our choices, and our organist commented how much he enjoyed playing our wedding!
  • We'll be walking down to a just guitar 'Here Comes the Sun'.
  • larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    I walked down to Zelda's Lullaby (I know, big surprise) I can't even tell you what we walked back up the aisle too. 

Do what you like. If you and your FI can't decide, flip a coin :p

be my best friend 

Anniversary
  • I was planning on walking to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk.  Our foster daughter and my stepdaughter were serving as my bridesmaids and they were performing my processional.  FD was playing the guitar and singing accompanied by SD.  Unbeknownst to me my FI (now H) had them practice and perform "All of Me" by John Legend instead.  I love both songs.

But to be honest, I was so nervous I completely missed their performance.  Everybody else raved about it but I don't remember any of it :-(  I wish we would have had money for a wedding video.
    Anniversary
  • My bridesmaids are coming down to "To Make You Feel My Love", my future sister-in-law is singing it (she's amazing), I'm coming down to Canon in D, a guitar version.  I love it so much.. listening again and wondering how the eff I'm gonna hold it together haha.  For the recessional, I think we'll leave to "I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash.. weird, but reminds me of my grandparents and I love it.  That, or "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons.  
  • We are walking down to Processional in C by Hopson, this will include both the bridesmaids and myself. I think the organist is going to make my entrance a little more dramatic, though.

Then our recessional is the Rejoicing, from Royal Fireworks, by Handel. 

I couldn't tell you what either of these sound like haha. We picked them while at a Music Workshop that our church hosts so couples can listen to the organist, cantor, and instrumentalists, and meet the DOC. They played a bunch of songs and you could write down which you chose. It was surprsingingly very, very helpful. 

• chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    I walked down to Zelda's Lullaby (I know, big surprise) I can't even tell you what we walked back up the aisle too. 

be my best friend 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:

be my best friend 

Anniversary
  • Some solo from Olli Vanska. Not 100% yet.

Recessional will be something from Apocalyptica's 2014 Wacken performance.

• chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:

be my best friend 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:

chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:

be my best friend 

Anniversary
  • Our bridal party walked in to Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, pt. 1 by The Flaming Lips, i walked down the aisle to jesus, etc. by Wilco (not actually about Jesus), and our recessional was I Dig a Pony by The Beatles.
  • I walked down the aisle to instrumental piano version of Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters'.  The people that recognized it thought it was awesome.  The people that didn't thought it was just a beautiful piano song. We decided on that song because we wanted something a bit edgy that suited us, we loved the lyrics to it (even though we played instrumental version), but we wanted something that wasn't too out there or crazy.

Recessional was 'Beautiful Day' by U2.  

• chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:

chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:

be my best friend 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• emanon321emanon321 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2014
    I am enjoying both the musical selections and the Zelda pics! I want to look up quite a few of these songs even though my selections are already set. So tempting!

We are getting married in a little chapel with a huge pipe organ! So we are keeping things very classical to show off the amazing organ. I wanted to walk out to Canon in D, but the chapel is so small we would barely get into the song and I would already be at the front. So we are having the bridal party wander in to Canon in D, the processional is Processional in D, the classic Wedding March recessional, and Te Deum while everyone else is leaving the chapel.

• We are walking down to Chopin's Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9, No. 2 (youtube link).

We're walking back to Ode to Joy since our closing hymn is Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee.

We're music people. And anime people. And we may or may not have pick our processional based on Hetalia, but I plead the fifth.
  • WP processed to "Marry Me" (Martina McBride & Pat Monahan). I came in to... bag-piping. Not sure what song the piper played, but it was glorious and beautiful and perfect. We recessed to "I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    We are walking down to Chopin's Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9, No. 2 (youtube link).

We're walking back to Ode to Joy since our closing hymn is Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee.

We're music people. And anime people. And we may or may not have pick our processional based on Hetalia, but I plead the fifth.
    Love love love all of these. Have you seen the Som Sabadell flashmob doing Joyful? I love that, fiercely. Incredible video:  http://youtu.be/GBaHPND2QJg
  • Our wedding party is walking down the aisle to "Storybook Love" from The Princess Bride, I am walking down the aisle to "Mothersbaugh's Canon" (Mark Mothersbaugh's version of Canon in D) from The Royal Tenenbaums.  Our recessional is "The Throne Room" from Star Wars.  We picked music we love from movies we love.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hellohkb said:
    Walking down the aisle is one of the things I'm not looking forward to at all. I just don't like that kind of attention. So picking the right song has been very difficult. I'm thinking of I See the Light from Tangled, but not sure how weird I would feel walking down to a Disney song. There aren't many other songs I would consider.
    @hellohkb have you looked for instrumental versions of this song? This song was on my list as well.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blabla89 said:
    Is it weird that I want classical music for the recessional and refuse to dance down the aisle? I have a feeling FI isn't going to be happy when I tell him that...
    We had an upbeat recessional, but by no means danced. I think the dancing is pretty awkward and stupid usually. We just sort of cheered when the officiant announced us, walked back down and started the receiving line.

And I'm loving the Zelda story going on in here.

• chibiyui said:

I'm doing that too!  Yay!  Zelda Friends :):)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Processed to Piano Guys' cover of One Thousand Years. DH and I walked back up to "Everything" by Michael Buble.
  • Processional - Pachelbel Canon in B (strings and piano)
    Recessional - All of Me by John Legend

Anniversary
  • larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:

chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:

be my best friend 

Bridal party: VSQ version of My Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Aparatus
    Bride and groom: VSQ version of Falling Slowly by the Swell Season
    Recessional: Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I feel like I'm interrupting a totally different conversation here.  Anyway, we had a Hawaiian guitarist playing, but I have no idea what he played.  I hope it wasn't Here comes the Bride or Pachabel's Canon, cos I said no to both.  I wanted to have the recessional be I was Made for Loving You by Kiss, but DH nixed me.  :(  I suppose I had to compromise on something.  

• phira said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:

chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:
    larrygaga said:
    chibiyui said:

be my best friend 

Bridal party: VSQ version of My Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Aparatus
    Bride and groom: VSQ version of Falling Slowly by the Swell Season
    Recessional: Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie

Had errands to run.

Anniversary
  • I walked down to a classical guitar version of Pachelbel's Canon in D by Michael Marc (you can find it on YouTube and we downloaded it from Amazon).

Our recessional was Best Day of My Life by American Authors.

Just curious, how did your recessional choice work out? I've been thinking of picking that as well. What part of the song did you use?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I walked down to a classical guitar version of Pachelbel's Canon in D by Michael Marc (you can find it on YouTube and we downloaded it from Amazon). Our recessional was Best Day of My Life by American Authors.
    Just curious, how did your recessional choice work out? I've been thinking of picking that as well. What part of the song did you use?
    We used this, and just started from the beginning. Don't even think I heard it; my head was all the way up Cloud 9 at that moment. Could have played death metal and I wouldn't have noticed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards