DIY Wedding Forum

"Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" Boxes

2»

Re: "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" Boxes

• Not 100% grace-- you will notice that I have changed my "avatar" and am hiding my face (and what's more, FI's face) in embarrassment. haha! I will ditch all the printouts. Much appreciated, I've never been a bridesmaid before-- I thought I was being clear and helpful, so thank you for being honest and helping me to get my head out of my bum. 
    This is excellent. 

The wedding industry wants people to believe that being a bridesmaid comes with responsibilities, and lots of brides have enforced these jobs upon their bridesmaids before, but it's a practice that really, really needs to stop. It's supposed to be an honor to stand up next to you, not a job, you know?

Stick around! You have a lot of time before your wedding and this place is a wealth of knowledge! I'd recommend changing your username to something more memorable so we can get to know you, though. 
  • Hi OP, I like you. You took that like an absolute champ! I'll help you eat those macarons. :)

• Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of your feedback, it was really kind of you to give your thoughts. You didn't scare me, lol-- I'm just not on here daily. 

I should have qualified that I've already confirmed most of this information with the girls, who have been known bridesmaids for years. Nothing in there would surprise them.  I promise I'm not insane! A lot of the criticisms you all aired-- totally legitimate, I may add-- are totally heard and I will take them into consideration. Maybe I will leave out the papers and just give them the present portion after everyone officially says "yes", and perhaps I will wait a while (or a year) first. I can eat macaroons. 

Sorry, I am very embarrassed! I just got a little over excited, and I tend to be a hyper-communicator who believes that being straightforward is the best way to avoid miscommunication. I guess I need to practice. I'm glad I posted and got feedback. 

I appreciate it ladies, thank you :) 

Without sounding condescending, I appreciate that you acknowledge your excitement, but don't let ego stand in the way.  I appreciate that you readily put your friends and your relationship with them above any vision or wedding industry "programming". 
  • No need to hide in the shadows, OP! We aren't coming to get you, lol! We like you. Even if we didn't, we still wouldn't stalk you. ;-)
  • Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of your feedback, it was really kind of you to give your thoughts. You didn't scare me, lol-- I'm just not on here daily. 

I should have qualified that I've already confirmed most of this information with the girls, who have been known bridesmaids for years. Nothing in there would surprise them.  I promise I'm not insane! A lot of the criticisms you all aired-- totally legitimate, I may add-- are totally heard and I will take them into consideration. Maybe I will leave out the papers and just give them the present portion after everyone officially says "yes", and perhaps I will wait a while (or a year) first. I can eat macaroons. 

Sorry, I am very embarrassed! I just got a little over excited, and I tend to be a hyper-communicator who believes that being straightforward is the best way to avoid miscommunication. I guess I need to practice. I'm glad I posted and got feedback. 

I appreciate it ladies, thank you :) 

I like you.  Stick around.  :)

• OP, who the heck are you and why are you so cool?  And Im not just saying this to get your macaroons...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards