Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Chat

Hey people! How's your morning going?

I started watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with FI last night and was enjoying it but got too tired and had to go to bed. I then had a bunch of REALLY strange dreams. 

I'm kind of annoyed because my little sister KEEPS asking me if FI and I would like to join her and her BF on different weekend trips/ mini trips. I've declined at least 5 different times because 1) I don't have any unplanned vacation time and 2) FI and I have to save every dollar we can for the wedding. It's nice that she wants to do couple-y things with us... but we're on a budget right now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tuesday Chat

• @Hummingbird125 I had a really weird dream last night too. It was like two separate dreams.

My boss is really stressed because our coworkers don't know what they're doing. It's not really our team but the teams outside of where we are and it's becoming overwhelming for her and she is venting to me a lot about it. I don't mind listening to her but it really puts me in awkward mood for the rest of the day.

Tonight I'm making salmon with siraccha cream sauce and I hope it turns out NOMS. H loves hot sauce so this should probably be a good meal for him. 
  • Gooood morning!

@Hummingbird125 - That's really sweet of your sister, I feel the same way sometimes with my FSIL in her H. Adulting is balls sometimes :( I had weird dreams last night too, but now I can't remember any of them; I just remember waking up and thinking "How was I dreaming that?"

FI and I met with a potential DJ last night, and we're meeting with another company tomorrow so we should have that sorted out by the end of the week. I'm still waiting for the quote from the florist we like; I think I'm going to email her today to see what's up.

Last night was election night in Toronto, and I'm so glad this stupidly long (10 month!!!) campaign is over. It also means that our crack smoking mayor is no more, although he did win the council seat that he ran for. He pulled out of the mayoral race because he was diagnosed with cancer, and ran for his old council seat. His brother took his spot on the mayors ballot though, and I'm SO relieved that he didn't win lol

Tonight I have to go pick up my cat from my parents' place and then do some stuff around the apartment. I have some laundry and cleaning and wedding emails that I've been putting off and I need to just get it done tonight!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Good morning! Got back from our trip late last night, and now I'm at work and want to be back on vacation. The finger lakes area is absolutely gorgeous! We stayed on Seneca Lake and didn't even get to half of the wineries, so decided this will be a frequent place to visit.

We stayed at The Belhurst which is a gorgeous historic resort, that's the castle looking place.  Went to a ton of wineries and brought some bottles home.  My favorite was Pompous Ass Winery, just because of the name.   Here's some pictures. 

• My save the dates have shipped and will be here on Thursday!! YAAAYYY!!
    I read that thinking it meant that YOU had sent them out and I was like "HOW DID SHE DO IT SO FAST!!???"

I'm still waiting for FI to get the addresses of EVERYONE IN HIS FREAKIN' FAMILY. Not that I'm anxious to send them out or anything. Nope, not anxious at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 - That's really nice of her, but I can see how it would be aggrivating.  I'm sure you'd love to go with her.  Would there be any way you could set something up with her that wouldn't be that expensive?

@Imcooper86 - I love when all the campaigning for elections stops!  

@speakeasy14 - Glad you had a great vacation!!

@GoldenPenguin - Yay for your Save the Dates being one step closer to being in your hands!

I'm just in a funk today.  H and I talked and we're going to try to save every single penny we can for a year (minus a few vacations we already have planned) for a new house.  He doesn't get my frustrations with the whole housing thing, I've always known we would be 6 months-1 year from getting a house, but I just feel that he's never going to look at "my house" as his home.

I'm also really tired today - which is making me cranky.  We went over to the In-Laws last night because I needed a 'digital copy' of the marriage certificate to get my name changed in a few spots and they have a scanner which I do not have.  We can never get in and out of there quickly.  We didn't leave until 10:30 - I get up around 5AM and I like to be in bed no later than 10.  I need my 7+ (ok 8+) hours of beauty sleep!!!

Sorry for being such a whiney thing today!

Anniversary
  • @CocoBellaF

He's ADORABLE. I loooove boxers! GET HIM.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CocoBellaF I love boxers! They are so goofy! I love their faces lol.

@speakeasy14 -That looks like a beautiful vacation spot! I love going to wineries!

@Goldenpenguin -SAVE THE DATES!!
  • H is trying to talk me (and himself) into it.  we already have the two dogs (Bella and Baxter).  where would we put another (HUGE) crate??  but he is SO CUTE!!!!
  • @GoldenPenguin - UGH you and me both. I told FI on no uncertain terms that if either Ford was elected mayor I needed to move out of the city immediately, which would have been problematic since we haven't found a house yet. Luckily we avoided that crisis lol

@Hummingbird125 - FI's parents gave us 2 wrong addresses and at least one wrong name for someone who didn't change her name when she got married; FMIL told me about it this weekend and I was mortified and annoyed that she didn't see it when she checked the names and addresses like 3 times!

FI's parents have added 2 more couples onto our guest list. We're creeping super close to our venue's max and it's stressing me out and annoying me. They've seen the guest list a few times, how did they not think to add these people before?!

@Dignity100 - It's ridiculous. Our provincial and federal election campaigns are 4 - 5 months, but municipal ones are 10 months! By the time the election rolls around most people just don't give a crap anymore. Apparently the city had about 60% voter turn out this time around which is huge...and it's sad that that's a huge deal.

@CocoBellaF - FML I want that dog. What a cutie!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @CocoBellaF - I am OBSESSED with Boxers. They have always been my favorite dogs. I would love to get one for our next pup. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin - boxers are my H's favorite breed.  Zorro (the boxer I showed) is gorgeous.  I think H really wants to get him, but I don't know if we can realistically do it.  :(
  • @Hummingbird125 - FI's parents gave us 2 wrong addresses and at least one wrong name for someone who didn't change her name when she got married; FMIL told me about it this weekend and I was mortified and annoyed that she didn't see it when she checked the names and addresses like 3 times!

FI's parents have added 2 more couples onto our guest list. We're creeping super close to our venue's max and it's stressing me out and annoying me. They've seen the guest list a few times, how did they not think to add these people before?!

Don't get me started. I actually CRIED over the guest list on Friday night. FI looked at me like I had three heads, lol. In my defense, my hormones are all over the place because I haven't been taking my BCP regularly (oops) AND between FI's parents and mine, TWENTY PEOPLE were added to our guest list in one day, and I was freaking out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning everybody!

@Hummingbird125 - My sisters are both married and live out-of-state, and so whenever they come visit they want to do things with me and Mr. Historian--which would work except that Mr. Historian is usually not here.  I love to have them over for dinner (or one of my sister's favorite snacks, beer and pop-tarts).  Maybe you could do something cheap?

@Imcooper86 - Election day here is next Tuesday...thank goodness.  I'm DONE with all the mudslinging and political ads.

@Dignity100 and @CocoBellaF - Add me to the 8 hours of sleep camp as well!  I can't function at all on less than 6, and really need between 8-9 to feel good.

-----------------

I'm really in a funk today as well.  Yesterday was crazy stressful, and I think I have a "Monday hangover."  I finally had to email my department chair because my major advisor still hasn't gotten back to me...I'm not sure what's going to come of it, but hopefully I'll start getting some feedback from him soon.  I did, however, get feedback from 2 other members of my committee, and it was overwhelmingly positive, which made me feel good.

Today an insurance adjustor is coming to meet my contractor at the house to talk about my roof damage.  I am SUPER STRESSED because I need him to approve my claim because if they don't I have no idea how I'm going to pay for this repair.

I actually got to talk to Mr. Historian on the phone last night!  They're delaying him and his team from deploying yet again, so he's frustrated and feels like he's in a holding pattern.  It was a good conversation, but we got off the phone and I just lost it.  I cried for probably an hour, for absolutely no good reason.  I was overthinking things, and I feel a little better this morning, but not much.

I'm starting a new batch of dissertation sources today, because work somehow distracts me from the funk.
  • Good morning all.

@CocoBellaF - So adorable.  I love Boxers. You would need a big crate...maybe a Large? We had an XLarge for our Pyr and it took up an entire corner.  It was huge and eventually we got rid of it otherwise I would ship it your way. :)

@GoldenPenguin - Save the dates!!! So excited for you!

@southernpeach89 - salmon with siraccha cream sounds yummy and I don't even like fish.  Receipe?  H loves salmon.

@Dignity100 - I'm sorry you are feeling bummed about the house and needing to take a while to save.  I hope you get there sooner rather than later.

@FutureMrsHistorian - Hugs.  Sounds like you guys have a lot of stress right now so I think you are totally justified in crying yesterday.  Sometimes a good cry (and a bottle of wine) is all you need.

------------------------------

Today is off to a good start.  Got my workout in this morning.  I'm thinking about taking a few classes for working out.  Maybe a Boot Camp? Anyone ever done Barre? They offer that too.

Tonight I need to cook but have zero motivation.  Our kitchen isn't a kitchen since we are doing a remodel and we have no stove. I have no idea what to make. I can grill something but its freezing out.  UGH...microwave ideas ladies? I know that isn't really cooking though.

• @minskat30 I started marinating the salmon last night so it should be nice and flavorful tonight. Here is the recipe:

• Nothing exciting going on here. It's a slow day at work again.

I'm not voting in our election next Tuesday because I have not been paying attention and I feel like a terrible citizen because of that. I'm not into politics, it's so confusing to me.

I got too lazy to collect addresses this soon so we're just not sending STDs. I like looking at wedding stuff on Pinterest but when it comes time to DO stuff like sending STDS and crap like that I just don't want to!
    And I was afraid to send STDs because I'm paranoid and feel like if we add people to the guest list later on and they didn't get a STD but they know others did then they'll be offended. I stress myself out way too much over every detail of this wedding and I'm trying to chill out. I've waited years to get engaged and plan this thing and I'm just not feeling as excited about it most of the time as I think I should.

• @minskat30 - you should look in to the Barre classes!!!  they look so fun, and they really tone you up!
  • @miskate30 Barre is supposed to be awesome. The classes in my area are expensive though and I like working out at home. They have Pure Barre (I think that's it) DVDs and I've been thinking about getting some. I'm definitely not screwing a bar into my wall at home but I need some new workouts to mix things up. I've been so lazy lately.

• Oh my goodness @SouthernPeach89 - That looks amazing.  Yum, yum, yum.

@CocoBellaF - I will look into it then, thank you! I am so focused on cardio lately, I think I need to switch it up a little. 

• @minskat30 I'll be going without an oven next week when the floors get redone.  I'll be buying a lot of microwave meals at whole foods and trader joe's.  Crock pot chili would be good or any crock pot soup.  I plan to make some meals this week/weekend to I can just portion it out and microwave it.

I have nothing exciting going on today.  I have a board meeting tonight for the theater.  I don't feel like going.  I just want the weekend to get here. 

Anniversary

• CocoBellaF my sister has a boxer, and he's such a little mush! But yeah if you don't have room for him, stop looking and falling in love with that face!!

minskat30lavenderfields13 I have done the Pure Barre at home, and love it!  I didn't install a ballet barre at my house, I just use a chair or the table. 
  • @Hummingbird125, I'm sorry you keep having to say no to fun things with your sister! That is so tough and takes a lot of willpower, especially since it's so nice that she wants to do stuff with you guys. Hopefully y'all can do some small local things together to keep her relaxed until money flows a little better.

@speakeasy14, glad you had a nice vacation!

@futuremrshistorian, I'm so sorry you have the sads. :( I can't imagine the LD thing and having your BF's deployment delayed again, sounds very hard. I hope having a good cry helped (I know it always helps me), and that we can help distract you! <3

So today I slept in because Monday was basically a major extension of my weekend and I needed a rest. LOL, so I worked 7am-7pm yesterday because the schedule got jacked up, but it was actually a pretty good day. My co-worker and I are both Redskins fans, and they played the Cowboys last night, so we decided to go home, shower and change really quick, and go to a bar to watch. We got tasty nachos and our team won in overtime, woohoo! And then we just stayed out talking until like two in the morning, lol. She's super fun, but very extraverted, so I can tell she's going to wear me out - we already had plans for tonight too, so I'll see her later today.

Since I JUST woke up, I probably won't accomplish much today. I have to leave in a while to go to my eye appointment, so I can FINALLY order new contacts and glasses. I'm annoyed because my insurance only really covers doctors that work for the hospital that my organization is affiliated with, and it takes like an hour and a half to get there! Ugh, so that's my afternoon. Then my friend is coming over around 6ish, and we're going to Annapolis to do a Paint Nite. Basically you drink and a local artist shows you how to make a certain painting. Afterward we're going to a Mexican restaurant that apparently has the best quesadillas, so I'm excited.

If this was an accountability thread I'd be ashamed of my dietary choices over the past two days. But fortunately it's not. ;)

• We got home from Colorado on Sunday and were both SO tired. I slept on the plane and didn't get any work done, which made yesterday very stressful. I'm very behind in a lot of work.

We picked up birdo last night from my in-laws', and he's in a pretty good mood. We're concerned about a lesion on his nostrils, which could either be a sign that his diet is too high in fat (very likely) or a sign that he has a tumor (not terribly unlikely, and terribly untreatable), so I'm feeling very panicked lately.

I'm supposed to have another fitting tonight, but alterations hasn't called to confirm, like they said they would. So I'll call this afternoon.

I'm very frustrated with my sister. She had a serious attitude all weekend, to the point where we went back to the airport with my brother and his fiancée because I didn't want to have to sit in the car with my sister for another hour and a half. She's incapable of just politely and quietly attending these family weddings; she gets irritated and starts complaining, and in general just has a bad attitude. I know her well enough to know that a lot of it is that she doesn't like when she's not the center of attention. It's just gotten entirely old. She'll walk out of a room if my cousins and I talk wedding stuff AT WEDDING EVENTS (bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception). With the way she's treated me, I kind of wish she wouldn't come to the wedding. She's already made an effort to make it about her, and it's irritating.

I'm STILL sick, although it's FINALLY almost over. Ugh. Flying to Colorado and not getting enough sleep didn't help.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Hummingbird125 - H has so many wierd eating tendencies.  He won't eat sandwiches or soups for dinner (or breakfast).  I think he is going to have to live with microwave meals and takeout for a while.  I would grill but it is getting pretty cold out.  I did just buy a crockpot but I'm worried about the dog getting into it.  Maybe I'll set up the crockpot in a room I can close off from the dog.

@Speakeasy14 - Good to know, I signed up for it. It is only available one day a week but I might as well start somewhere.

-------------------

I signed up for a boot camp (30 minutes) Monday and Thursday which is a combo of strength and cardio, a strength class (30 minutes) Tuesday and Barre on Wednesday (30 minutes).  Should be a pretty good mix up hopefully if I can combine that with 30 minutes of cardio a day. 

• @minskat30 Good luck with the bootcamp! I think the best fitness/weight loss is definitely achieved with a good mix of cardio and strength training along with a balanced healthy diet.

@GoldenPenguin Yay for STDs!!!!

@Hummingbird125 ...addresses are so annoying and stressful. Even when we got them exactly correct we still had problems with a couple getting delivered.

I'm back at work today! I spent most of this morning working through the 400 or so emails I got while we were on our HM. Luckily the vast majority I was able to file away since my team backed me up and handled them for me! So far jet lag hasn't been so bad. I tried to stay up last night to get myself on a normal schedule but just couldn't handle it anymore after 7:30 so I passed out. I only woke up a couple of times though (Germany is 6 hours earlier than GA) and at the moment I'm feeling pretty good. Guess we'll see what happens tonight.

• Thanks, @minskat30 and @CLoGreenEyes.  I hold it together pretty well most of the time, but some nights I just lose it.  Last night I think it was because he couldn't even tell me where he is, because it's classified, and I just got really discouraged.  We got to spend a grand total of 2.5 weeks together this summer, after him being deployed all of last year, and sometimes it's just too much, you know?

Also, I know I'm biased when it comes to workout classes, but: I totally love Zumba.  Also yoga.  I've heard barre is great for toning, etc.--I take a ballet class, so we do a lot of barre work in there and I've definitely started to notice a difference.
  • @Hummingbird125 - FI's parents gave us 2 wrong addresses and at least one wrong name for someone who didn't change her name when she got married; FMIL told me about it this weekend and I was mortified and annoyed that she didn't see it when she checked the names and addresses like 3 times!

Don't get me started. I actually CRIED over the guest list on Friday night. FI looked at me like I had three heads, lol. In my defense, my hormones are all over the place because I haven't been taking my BCP regularly (oops) AND between FI's parents and mine, TWENTY PEOPLE were added to our guest list in one day, and I was freaking out.

When they added the other 2 couples this weekend I specifically said to his mom "Are you sure you don't want to invite Mr. and Mrs. X? I know they're friends of yours and part of that group of friends". She said no, not to worry about it, they don't know us as well, etc etc. I went home, addressed and stamped and mailed the other 2 STDs and added them to our spread sheet and that was that.

FI just texted me that his mom has decided to add Mr. and Mrs. X. FOR FUCKS SAKE I JUST ASKED YOU ABOUT THEM 2 DAYS AGO!!!!

We are legitimately 3 people away from our venue's max capacity. I am going to lose my mind.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 start saying you're at maximum capacity and cannot add anyone else
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards