Women Against Feminism.

Re: Women Against Feminism.

• Options
    Can't get down with this shit.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    These people make me sick to my stomach. Like literally I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

When I was like...9 I asked my mom how any woman could not consider themselves a feminist. She hugged me and said I was awesome. Did not answer my question though.
  • Options
  • Options
    This shit drives me crazy. "I mean, we're like, totally past that, right? And those gross white dudes on cable news totally have a point about catcalling, like, it's supposed to be a compliment. Don't worry dudes, I'm not THAT kind of girl; I'll let you walk right the fuck over me, LALALALALA."

Murderous. Rage.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    "I'm not a feminist because I don't hate all men!" Ummmm super, me neither. Just men who think I'm beneath them. 

• Options
    Since when does being a feminist mean making yourself a victim? The strongest women I know are feminists! Ugh...I just can't with all of those signs. They make me furious and incredibly sad at the same time. Every single one of those women have demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of feminism and the issues that are present in our own society.

• Options

So much rage. Feminism means you were able to CHOOSE those things as hobbies rather than having your life path chosen for you the moment you were fertilized with an X chromosome.

• Options
    Special shout-out to this bitch for being particularly ungrateful. You don't need feminism because it worked? Um, you're welcome. Now how about you return the favor to some people who don't quite have it all yet? Asshole.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sigh. When will they ever learn?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not even going to click.

Women like that are never to be trusted. Ever. With anything. They're either super-ignorant or treacherous snakes. Usually they're a combo.

My husband proudly touts that he's a feminist, so don't go expecting my guy buddies to have your back either.
    This. The underlying assumption, that men have a natural fear and distrust of a movement that purports to put them on even footing with women, is actually extremely offensive to the good men out there. You don't hate "all men"? Then why do you have such low expectations for them?

People who aren't assholes recognize that there is not a fixed amount of power and fundamental rights in this world. Granting women (or any other oppressed group) rights does NOT remove rights from the ruling class. It does remove some of their cushy privilege, but again, anyone who isn't an asshole should recognize that if their cushy privilege comes at the expense of someone else's rights, then they should gladly cede that privilege and feel shame for having had it as long as they did.

The men I love and associate with are not any such assholes. They don't fear women's autonomy, and they certainly don't re-blog shitty, regressive Tumblrs like this one as if it's some kind of victory. The guys who think that young women turning away from feminism is a victory? They're the fucking enemy!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I can't even express how much shit like this makes me want to shake and/or slap people. 
  • Options
    lulu411 said:
    I DO need feminism because when a 6 year old child I worked with told another child in his class that if she didn't stop (whatever she was doing) he was going to shove his d*ck down her throat, and the teacher met with the kid's parents, Dad says, "That's my boy. Putting a woman in her place" while the mother sat there quietly the entire time. 

I almost lost my job that day. 
    I am so horrified by this I have no words. How the fuck does that mother sit by while her shitbag husband does and says these things? I can't even imagine the things she has to put up with, all the while apparently feeling like she's supposed to. 
  • Options
    I don't think I can handle this today. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    lulu411 said:
    I DO need feminism because when a 6 year old child I worked with told another child in his class that if she didn't stop (whatever she was doing) he was going to shove his d*ck down her throat, and the teacher met with the kid's parents, Dad says, "That's my boy. Putting a woman in her place" while the mother sat there quietly the entire time. 

I am so horrified by this I have no words. How the fuck does that mother sit by while her shitbag husband does and says these things? I can't even imagine the things she has to put up with, all the while apparently feeling like she's supposed to. 
    I agree. I wasn't there, I only got the report from the teacher but according to her, the mother didn't say A WORD. Even when the teacher directed questions specifically at her, Mom would get very passive and say things like she didn't know or wasn't sure and the dad would interject. I can't imagine what she lives with on a daily basis. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    lulu411 said:

I'm pretty sure my response would have been "great! so you're son is going to grow up to rape someone some day, I hope you're proud that day." 
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    I really hope this tumblr is just trolling because I refuse to believe people are this dumb. Example: "I don't need feminism because we are all human and we should all be equal."

Oh no. There really are people this stupid. I know quite a few of them IRL. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    kat1114 said:
    I really hope this tumblr is just trolling because I refuse to believe people are this dumb. Example: "I don't need feminism because we are all human and we should all be equal."

Oh no. There really are people this stupid. I know quite a few of them IRL. 
    Sigh, I do too, but it's so disheartening that I don't want to believe it.
  • Options
    I think what these women don't realize is that feminism looks different on different women. Like to cook, sew, and dress femininely? Great. Are you in a relationship where you and your partner share mutual respect? Fantastic. Those things inherently don't make you not a feminist, it just means it looks a bit different on you.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    I think what these women don't realize is that feminism looks different on different women. Like to cook, sew, and dress femininely? Great. Are you in a relationship where you and your partner share mutual respect? Fantastic. Those things inherently don't make you not a feminist, it just means it looks a bit different on you.
    Yup. Feminism doesn't mean you aren't allowed to stay home with the kids and cook and sew. It means you have the FREEDOM to choose to do that, and as much respect as your male partner. Ugh. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards