Chit Chat
Options

Lost my job today

I feel like complete shit.

Funny thing is, when I interviewed for the job (CPA), I told them that the position they ended up putting me in wasn't in an area of accounting and that there was other accounting work I like to do better, but they put me in a position that "wasn't a good fit" for me.

Now I have to go through all the crap of finding another job-for the second time this year.

It hasn't been my year.

Re: Lost my job today

• Options
    /hugs

I'm so sorry.

image   image   image

• Options
    hugs

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry :(
    Take a day to do something for you, that you enjoy, and then start the job hunt. You deserve a pick-me-up. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hugs. I'm so sorry. That completely sucks.
  • Options
    Ugh I so sorry that you are going through this! Ditto @novella1186, you need a day to yourself. Read a book, go for a walk, whatever you enjoy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry - virtual hugs! Good luck in your search. You'll get there.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
  • Options
    So sorry :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Ugh, sorry to hear this! Job hunting is the worst. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Ugh, sorry to hear this! Job hunting is the worst. 
    No kidding.  I hated it when I got this job.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that! But I wish you lots of luck on the hunt. I also second a PPs suggestion to treat your self to something just for you. At-home mani, ice-cream, anything that makes you feel better :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about that OP! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Losing a job is extremely stressful.

Does your state CPA board have job postings on their website? I work in the field in Canada so I'm not sure if they're comparable, but we have this to assist our designated accountants in the province as well as free career advisory services and peer counselling through the regulatory body. They are helpful and supportive. They may also have free EAP services if you think you might benefit from professional counselling services. I don't know for sure what you might have through your state or NASBA but it's an avenue that might be able to offer you support.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that :(
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    amelisha said:
    I'm sorry. Losing a job is extremely stressful.

Does your state CPA board have job postings on their website? I work in the field in Canada so I'm not sure if they're comparable, but we have this to assist our designated accountants in the province as well as free career advisory services and peer counselling through the regulatory body. They are helpful and supportive. They may also have free EAP services if you think you might benefit from professional counselling services. I don't know for sure what you might have through your state or NASBA but it's an avenue that might be able to offer you support.
    Yes, they have job postings.  Thank you.
  • Options
    I am so sorry. That really sucks.

Feel free to let yourself wallow a bit; it's only human. 

Don't know if anyone has mentioned but if you know any recruiters, now's the time to give them a call.

Hugs to you!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Aww I'm so sorry. :-( ((Hugs))
    imageimage">
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that happened. I feel like it sucks even more that you told them you would have preferred a different position and they stuck you in that one anyway. I second the PPs that said take a day to wallow and do something for yourself. Then the perfect job will be waiting when you get back out there on the hunt!
    Anniversary

• Options
    *hugs*

• Options
    ((hugs!))

• Options
    I am so sorry. That really sucks.

Feel free to let yourself wallow a bit; it's only human. 

Don't know if anyone has mentioned but if you know any recruiters, now's the time to give them a call.

Hugs to you!
    Thanks.  I already did!
  • Options
    Oh, I'm sorry and hope you find something to your liking soon.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Ugh.  I know that feeling all too well.

Lots of hugs for you.  Take some time to take care of yourself.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so sorry!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry (((hugs)))
  • Options
    Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. *major hugs*

I send you cute gifs

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you find a job soon and you will find something that best fits you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Sending you ALL the hugs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards