Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY

Re: FRIDAY

• @buddysmom80, but what is it? My curiosity is peaked and I love pickles. Is it this? Cause that looks amazing! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @cocobellaf yay for Bella!! Now you can have happy family photos!! 

@chemfanatic25 good luck!!! 
  • @chemfanatic25 - Pickle dip is what you get when the heavens open and god hands you a miracle in dip form.
    I french with my man
  • I want pickle dip now

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @TwoDimes I hope the consultation goes well! @southernpeach89 and I both bought our invitations from a stationary place (although we didn't do an entire suite of STDs and other stuff) and it was 100% worth it to have someone else make sure everything was right! Also, congratulations on closing on Monday!!! I hope everything goes smoothly! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

@lmcooper86 Chest freezers are actually relatively inexpensive! You can probably even find a used one for less than $100 on Craigslist or something. My ex in college bought a used freezer one time for around that much and there was absolutely  nothing wrong with it, the former owner just didn't want it anymore.

@peekaboo2011 For now we're just going to fill it with a bunch of ice so it isn't running all the time. Maybe later I'll pre-make some meals to freeze, plus we have a Costco membership and we just don't buy a ton of things there because we don't have the freezer space...soooo I'm sure Costco will be seeing more of us very soon!

• @Swazzle - I have frozen cream cheese and a jar with pickle juice and one pickle in it sitting in the fridge.  I might have to make some pickle dip this weekend.
    I french with my man
  • Despite the dairy pickle dip sounds really good.

Anniversary

• Good Morning ladies!! 

This weekend I have lots to accomplish.  Open enrollment for H ends on Wednesday next week, mine opens on Monday.  We need to compare plans and decide if we're going to combine or stay separate.  I'm leaning towards combining, we'd eventually like kids, so just thinking if it happens sooner rather than later, it would be better/easier.

We also have to decide if we want to continue our gym membership or quit.  I kind of would like to keep it, we only went like 10 times though last year, but we were planning a wedding and weren't living together.  My work pays for my membership (well a good chunk of mine since the gym is a cheap gym).

I'd also like to book another Disney trip!  We have annual passes and I priced out a trip early 2015 for flight/room for 3-night/4-days for under $700!  H wants to also go back in May and then again for our 1st anniversary.  So we'll probably do all of it somehow.

We have Disney's Newsies this weekend too as part of our Broadway package.  I'm not 100% sold on wanting to go.  We have tickets with H's bro and his bro's GF and I'm not exactly happy with her.  I mentioned we were looking to buy a new house but we're at least a year out from it and she went and told BIL that we were looking and we were going to sell the H's house from under him (he's living there).  She's trying to rush along their relationship and wants him to move closer to her, she keeps commenting on how she's "always had to move to be with her man and for once it would be nice for her man to move to be closer to her".  It's really between them where he decides to move (well mostly BIL), but he knows our timeline and we've went over it with him several times; I might even bring up that we do even have other options if the PERFECT house would come up on the market tomorrow so he'd know we weren't pushing him out.  But anyway, the little stunt she pulled about us selling the house 'soon' and freaking BIL out and caused some family drama (I think I posted on this before).  H keeps saying 'I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it was just a misunderstanding even though I don't think it was'.

Anniversary
  • I'm on my iPad at a conference in a tiny town in Missouri, so I won't have proper spacing and all that. @southernpeach89 HOLY MOLY are you OK?! I'm so sorry! --- @LaPeanut1018 OMG I'm totally registering for a freezer. What a great way to wake up! ---- @CocoBellaF YAY! I'm so glad it's not cancer! --- @buddysmom80 Another request for pics later :) ---- @‌Hummingbird125 THAT IS SO EXCITING! Your pics were gorgeous and totally deserve to be published. Will you send me a signed copy since you're gonna be super famous? :-P --- @‌peaseblossom55 I can't wait for pics later! ---- My update: I'm at the conference until around 3, and then I have to pack up and drive back to Kansas City so I can fly home. I'll land back in Texas around 9pm, and then I think FI and I are going to cuddle and watch movies all night. Tomorrow morning my stitches come out! YAY! I can't wait to eat regularly again. Last night I walked to the Applebee's next door to the hotel, and I had to order mac n cheese and mashed potatoes from the kid's menu. I felt so lame. lol. Anywho, after my stitches come out, FI and I are going to my little brother's swim meet about 30 minutes away. It's his senior year, so I really wanted to go to at least one of his swim meets this year. After that, I need to get my nails done because we scheduled e-pic shoot 1 for Sunday at 4:30pm. Eeeeek! I need to call and set up an appointment at MAC for Sunday afternoon to have my makeup done. I'm excited and nervous. Anywho, that's all that's going on with me. This conference is reallllly slow, so I'm just sitting at the booth keeping an eye on email... there are only a couple of "no-conflict" times at this conference for attendees to talk with vendors. I put that in quotes because those times occur during the opening session (which is in the same room as me) and lunch (again, in the same room as me). Obviously everyone will be distracted, so I anticipate a very slow day. PS: Remind me to post a pic of the camo tile in the elevator at the hotel where I stayed last night. I had no idea camo tile existed. Wow.

• Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    To-day it is Friday, Friday
    We we we so excited, we so excited
    We're gonna have a ball to-day!

I have no plans for tonight or this weekend. BF has to work tomorrow, and possibly also sunday, so there won't be any late nights or lots of drinking.

Tomorrow I'm setting up a doggie play date. My pup has never been to the dog park, and he's not very good at coming when called, so I'm hoping that when we go with this other dog that listens super well, he will just follow her around everywhere. I'm so excited to watch him play with a husky!

The rest of the weekend I will probably just try and put in some serious work on the stocking. I want to do a little more research for our Grand Canyon visit, and I'm hoping I don't do too much proposal dreaming. It's been going alright so far.

---------------------------------------

@CocoBellaF - Have fun with your family photos tonight! I hope we get to see them! And congrats on your good news from the vet! What an awesome relief.

@Hummingbird125 - You're on your way to fame!!

@Swazzle - Oooooh, I want to see Nightcrawler! It sounds fabulous! Let me know how it is, and whether it's worth seeing in theaters. Then again, maybe I can convince BF he wants to go to the movies this weekend.

@southernpeach89 - I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! Take care of your back! That is by far my least favorite kind of injury.

@TwoDimes - Yay for buying houses! I'm so jealous......

@Dignity100 - Ugh, I hope she wasn't just taking it upon herself to put words in your mouth. That's frustrating. But hey, I guess if it opens up the talking more about the house situation, then it can't be all bad.

• @Dignity100 I hope this turns out for the better. I think you need to open up the discussion of where your BIL is going to live. I mean, obviously he can't continue squatting in your H's home indefinitely. I think he needs a roadmap of what he is going to do. Does he work? Does he have an income that enables him to afford his own place?

@AlPacina Have a GREAT time at the Grand Canyon!!! I went there on a spring break trip in high school and was just absolutely in awe over it! I don't know if you have ever been before...but I hadn't and pictures could not have prepared me for the actual reality! Also, hope your pup does well on his play date. I noticed that over time Cinders adopted some of the behaviors of my parent's dogs. Dogs will sometimes mimic other dogs when they spend enough time together...but in a case like coming when called, that's probably something you're still going to need to spend some serious training time on.

• @LaPeanut1018 - I have been once, but I think I was only 10 or 11 years old! I can still remember how incredible I thought it was, though. BF has never been , so I am insanely excited to take him. We're also hoping to do a day hike, so hopefully that will be fun. Although I'm sure the view is best from on top.

As far as the dog goes, if there are any distractions it's like I don't exist. His favorite treats are so much less exciting than other dogs to him. And apparently my voice isn't that authoritative. If it's just us, he's fine and comes no problem. But then I try to introduce one distraction at a time, with his long leash on, and he gets crazy hyper. So this could end up being a total shit show, haha.

@CocoBellaF - One of my dogs growing up was named Tater, because he was shaped like a tater tot. Any time we would feed him one we'd make cannibalism jokes, haha.

• @LaPeanut1018 & @AlPacina - We had an agreement with BIL that he could stay in the house for a year while H and I saved up for a new house and tried to get all our 'business' in order and figuring what we're going to do with both houses and going through the whole 'build vs buy' debate.  My house is too small for both H's stuff and my stuff, so it helps H to be able to keep his house and keep his stuff there; but it's cheaper insurance wise to have somebody living in the house and then we know somebody is 'watching' to see if things break or anything. 

I honestly think BIL's GF has her own agenda and I hate to say it because I thought we were friends.  She lives with her parents right now and does not work a full time job and cannot afford to move out on her own.  She's said in the past she doesn't want to live with a SO without being at least engaged.  She also makes comments about how far BIL lives from her (about 30 minutes).  I really think she's hoping that if BIL buys a place it might 'speed up' their relationship, but she also wants him buying a place near her instead of where he has mentioned he would like to move because ultimately she would like to live near her parents (which is further from his job and his family - when combined he is the one who would be the financial contributor of that relationship).

BIL has a really good paying job and he's gotten himself out of debt.  He did buy an expensive car that he kind of regrets now, but what's done is done; it's my understanding he would be able to afford his car payment and a mortgage/rent with all his other expenses.

In a way - I do hate how H has his 'kid gloves' around his brother because BIL has known for a year that we were going to get married.  I get H didn't want him to buy/rent the first place he saw and be able to save up for something nice.  But I feel we're being completely open with our timeline (even when BIL thinks I'm looking to sell the house from under him right now) but I don't think BIL is all that open with his timeline.  I've told H my concern is 8+ months from now we're going to approach BIL and say 'hey we're going to start looking to buy and working with a realtor' and have BIL freak out that he's not ready for the next step and he needs more time.  I've told H that until we get a house that we both picked out and moved into I do feel our life is on hold (I don't want to have kids in our current home because how small it is and we're always jumping over the large dogs because of it).

So cliffsnotes version: Our housing situation is a mess.  BIL is welcome to stay for a year <maybe longer>, we're willing to sell him H's house for a really really good deal if he'd want it.  Lastly, I have no idea what we'll do with my house because I owe more than it's worth.

For all the other NEY'ers - I've been reading, just really busy at work :( , sorry for no personals, I suck :(

Anniversary
  • @AlPacina - I didn't answer your question in your previous post but our meditation class is in a pretty small office space like room.  There are about 12-15 people who attend (and one is sort of, well more than sort of, crazy).  We went last night...I was tired and didn't want to go but H insisted and I am always glad when we go.  Have you done a lot of meditation?

@Dignity100 - I'm sorry about the housing mess...with respect to your house, can you just bite the bullet and sell?  I know it sucks to come out of pocket but if you bought around when I did I feel your pain (we had to sell for less than I bought it for in 2008) but I didn't think the housing market was going to improve back to 2007/2008 levels.  Your BIL's SO sounds like a piece of work too.

• @minskat30 Yay one week until Mexico and that's awsome you found someone to install the cabinets.  I can't wait to see pictures of your final product too!

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - I know, I can't wait till its done.  I still can't believe what people were trying to charge for cabinet install (H and I don't want to screw up $10k of cabinets).  We finally found someone reasonable ($100 per cabinet).  Others were wanting to charge $200-300 per cabinet. At 23 cabinets...the higher range would have cost us nearly as much to install the cabinets as it did to buy them!
  • @cocobellaf, yay for Bella!

@hummingbird125, wow! Congrats on publishing e-pics.

@lapeanut1018, yay freezer!

@twodimes, yay new house!

@chemfanatic25, vibes for the job!
    ---
    The inventory is tagged! I will work in some more ends on sweater-in-progress ornaments today, then FI, my mom, and I will go over to set up for the show once my mom gets off work and FI gets over here.

Saturday is the show! Cross your fingers for good sales!

I'm planning to pass out for most of Saturday night and Sunday because I have not taken any kind of break in the last, oh, 2-3 weeks. It is time to sleep extra and lay around.

If I'm accidentally awake, I'm going to be researching the new knits for next year's show depending on how this year's show goes.
  • @minskat30 wow that was crazy.  The one upgrade we didn't do to the kitchen were new cabinets.  We did refinish the ones we had though.  Now H wants to stain the stairs leading up to the kitchen but that should be an easy project for him to do at some point. 

Anniversary

• @GoldenPenguin I love your choice!!! Walnut is one of my favorites!

• @Cocobellaf - What no burger to go with those tots?

@minskat30 - I bought my house I think in 2003; so it was during the housing boom.  I'm not sure what we'll do with the house, we might rent it out or we might just sell it and take the loss.  I'm really fine with either decision, but if we rent it out, I want to go through a company to manage the rental.  I know even H will take a loss on his house, he just doesn't owe anything on it; we might just end up renting both out - who knows?!

Anniversary
  • @cocobellaF SO glad that you got good news from the vet! <3

@southernpeach89 UM geez, I hope you're okay :( I mean, I know you're mostly okay, but car accidents are really rough, even if you're not terribly hurt, or your car isn't wrecked.

@Dignity100 It's really stressful when someone is manipulative or mean or something like that, but they do it in such a way that, as a mature adult, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. My sister is like that--she'll say or do things and it's just really difficult to prove that she really did mean to be an asshole. You know she does, but you can't prove it. :(

@TwoDimes !!!! Congrats!!

----------

Today is off to a mediocre start. I'm not able to leave work early, but I'll still be out in time to run errands tonight.

I'm still kind of in a fog about Birdo. I wish we'd gotten better news yesterday.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @Dignity100 - Don't be too afraid of renting things out and managing the tenants....its all in the tenant selection process. H has rented out his place (he bought in the housing boom around when you did) for years now.  He just makes sure to rent to couples (dual income) where at least one of them is handy and they know we don't live in the same city so they can't be calling us to fix simple things.  H offers a lower rent as a result, always permits well behaved pets (a ton of apartments in Chicago do not) and we haven't had an issue (knock on wood) for years.
  • The insurance company just called and now I want to cry. All this stuff is silly. The guy just needs to pay for my repairs and then be gone! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    The insurance company just called and now I want to cry. All this stuff is silly. The guy just needs to pay for my repairs and then be gone! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All my hugs baby sister!!! I wish I could just make all of this go away for you and have everything be ok!!!!

ETA: Don't let those insurance people push you around! None of this is your fault and they need to cover EVERYTHING that THEIR CLIENT did to you and your car! What a bunch of assholes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards