Chit Chat
Options

More annoying Facebook posts

Re: More annoying Facebook posts

• Options
    The "omg weather" updates actually were the BEST THING EVER last winter. My parents work in Birmingham, AL and live almost an hour away. Because they believed in the local weatherman (everyone does because he's awesome), they went to work on the day of THE STORM. And then foolishly decided to drive home in the middle of THE STORM. And got stuck on THE INTERSTATE. But thanks to Facebook I actually got them dinner and a place to stay that night- one of my high school classmates was posting her winter updates and I recognized her location as very close to where my parents were stuck- they managed to get off at that location and share a room at a very full hotel with her for the night. Up until then I have hated the over share but I basically have forgiven Facebook forever after that!
  • Options
    peachy13 said:
    Ugh people like that annoy the shit out of me. My FSIL (FBIL's fiancee) puts everything and I mean EVERYTHING wedding related on her FB. It makes me cringe with embarrassment. So inappropriate on every level. But that baby thing is just unacceptable! I'm sure the future parents will recognize the ultra sound though, right?
    I have one of those too...

"ah just ordered my programs!"
    "going bridesmaid dress shopping in 3 1/2 weeks can't wait!"
    "just paid the photographer lol no more online shopping for me"

Shuttt upppppppppp
    "in 9 months from today I'll be a Mrs eeeeeeek"
    "venue is so lush can't wait to be married to my man!"
    "just got my evening invitations. For those who won't receive one please don't take it personally"
    "please send me in PM your choices from the menu..."

BARF BARF BARF BARF BARF
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

peachy13 said:
    Ugh people like that annoy the shit out of me. My FSIL (FBIL's fiancee) puts everything and I mean EVERYTHING wedding related on her FB. It makes me cringe with embarrassment. So inappropriate on every level. But that baby thing is just unacceptable! I'm sure the future parents will recognize the ultra sound though, right?
    I have one of those too...

"ah just ordered my programs!"
    "going bridesmaid dress shopping in 3 1/2 weeks can't wait!"
    "just paid the photographer lol no more online shopping for me"

Shuttt upppppppppp
    "in 9 months from today I'll be a Mrs eeeeeeek"
    "venue is so lush can't wait to be married to my man!"
    "just got my evening invitations. For those who won't receive one please don't take it personally"
    "please send me in PM your choices from the menu..."

BARF BARF BARF BARF BARF
    EXTRA BARF
  • Options
    loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I just saw a picture of someone's child's poop in one of those baby potties in my mini-feed.

I mean, it was a big nasty turd just sitting in this plastic toilet that looks like Barbie's dream house with the caption " SO happy my baby girl can $hit in the potty!!"

ETA: BARF

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loro929 said:
    I just saw a picture of someone's child's poop in one of those baby potties in my mini-feed.

I mean, it was a big nasty turd just sitting in this plastic toilet that looks like Barbie's dream house with the caption " SO happy my baby girl can $hit in the potty!!"

I had a friend do this too! I deleted him. 

Tell me if you guys think this is weird. Whenever I post anything on FB, my MIL shares it on her own page. 
  • Options
    loro929 said:

Tell me if you guys think this is weird. Whenever I post anything on FB, my MIL shares it on her own page. 
    Super duper weird. 

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    loro929 said:

Super duper weird. 
    Yeah, that definitely falls into the weird category... For the sake of playing devil's advocate though, maybe she thinks she is just "liking" your posts but sharing them by accident?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loro929 said:
    emmaaa said:
    loro929 said:

Super duper weird. 
    Yeah, that definitely falls into the weird category... For the sake of playing devil's advocate though, maybe she thinks she is just "liking" your posts but sharing them by accident?
    She seems to know the difference. Because she has liked things without sharing them. She said something to H about wanting her friends to see things too? I don't know. 
  • Options
    loro929 said:

My mom does this. Not all the time, but she'll share a LOT of the photos I post, especially of H and I or of my nephew, on her wall. I know she's going to do it with our wedding photos too, once I get those on FB (which I get to see tonight!!!!)
  • Options
    loro929 said:

My mom does this. Not all the time, but she'll share a LOT of the photos I post, especially of H and I or of my nephew, on her wall. I know she's going to do it with our wedding photos too, once I get those on FB (which I get to see tonight!!!!)
    How exciting!!!!!!
  • Options
    loro929 said:
    emmaaa said:
    loro929 said:

Super duper weird. 
    She seems to know the difference. Because she has liked things without sharing them. She said something to H about wanting her friends to see things too? I don't know. 
    I think it's weird, but I also take it as her thinking you're really cool. She wants all her fb friends to know that she's cool with the cool kid.
  • Options
    @ClimbingBrideNY, that is weird.

Everything you guys have said, plus this:

It irritates me when your newsfeed shares things your friends have commented on, so even if you normally enjoy their posts, you get a clusterfuck of idiocy from people
    they are friends with.  

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Double Post. 

I'm not
    that impassioned about the subject.  

• Options

My new personal pet peeve on FB is my old roommate posting emo song lyrics as her FB status. Her dbag boyfriend of 4 years broke up with her right before her 28th birthday a few months ago. I understand that she's sad, but it's been 3 months and she's almost 30 - let's not post lyrics to emos songs that are 10+ years old to tell everyone (and him) how sad you are that he dumped you but in a vague "I'm not going to come out and admit that I miss you but I do and I want everyone to know" kind of way. It's a weekly thing and it's getting old.

I used to post random song lyrics, but they were just that - random.

Timehop said I posted last year "If I knew Picasso I would buy myself a gray guitar and play".  No meaning - just that I love that song.

I also love posting random movie quotes.  My favorite that got some odd reactions was "My uncle was micro waving our socks and the dog threw up on the couch for an hour."
  • Options

My new personal pet peeve on FB is my old roommate posting emo song lyrics as her FB status. Her dbag boyfriend of 4 years broke up with her right before her 28th birthday a few months ago. I understand that she's sad, but it's been 3 months and she's almost 30 - let's not post lyrics to emos songs that are 10+ years old to tell everyone (and him) how sad you are that he dumped you but in a vague "I'm not going to come out and admit that I miss you but I do and I want everyone to know" kind of way. It's a weekly thing and it's getting old.

I used to post random song lyrics, but they were just that - random.

Timehop said I posted last year "If I knew Picasso I would buy myself a gray guitar and play".  No meaning - just that I love that song.

I also love posting random movie quotes.  My favorite that got some odd reactions was "My uncle was micro waving our socks and the dog threw up on the couch for an hour."

H will do the random movie and simpsons quotes, which is fine. He's mainly posting it for his sister to see, because they can speak exclusively to each other in simpsons quotes. But the emo song lyrics that girls post when they want the world to know how sad they are - drives me batty. It's like vaguebooking but with song.
  • Options
    Photos of poop do not belong on FB.
  • Options
    I don't like when ppl update their status about 30000 times per day but it's always with very mundane things like
    "heading to the grocery store!"
    "folding the laundry!"
    "cleaning my house!"
    "making spaghetti!"

I'm sorry that your life is so mundane and even sorrier that you think everyone needs to know about it, but I can assure you no one fucking cares.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    The day I quit Facebook was the day I signed on to see a pic of a gigantic piece of sh*t in a toilet in my feed from a 30-year-old, cognitively normative man asking, "Is this color normal or should I see a doctor?"

It wasn't a joke.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    The day I quit Facebook was the day I signed on to see a pic of a gigantic piece of sh*t in a toilet in my feed from a 30-year-old, cognitively normative man asking, "Is this color normal or should I see a doctor?"

It wasn't a joke.
    Ughhh. OK you win the worst-facebook poop-post contest!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loro929 said:
    sarahufl said:

It wasn't a joke.
    Ughhh. OK you win the worst-facebook poop-post contest!
    Yuck seriously WTF?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

It wasn't a joke.
    ok, you win. Baby poop is bad enough, but grown man poop?!
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

It wasn't a joke.
    ok, you win. Baby poop is bad enough, but grown man poop?!
    yeah that's just not ok. Not. Ok. 
  • Options
    I'd like to add the adults who post about their birthdays like it's a big fucking deal. 

"One month 'till my birthday! I hope everyone has gift ideas lol"
    "Tomorrow is Nov. first - that's my birthday month! Yayayay!"
    "Hawks game the Tuesday before my birthday - hint hint lollolol"

You're an ADULT. STFU.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @shessocold Uuuuugh my friend has done "Baugust" since she was in middle school. It's her Birthday-August and the whole month is all about her birthday. 

@climbingbrideny My mom often shares pictures my brother and I post. But my MIL knows how I feel about FB and strangers seeing my shit so she always asks permission to share a pic of me & her son. 

Ok there's one girl on my feed I want to kill. She's always posting these links for "all feelings that introverts feel" and just wah I'm such an introvert links. Like I don't think that word means what you think it means because an introvert wouldn't be an obnoxious AW about being an introvert. 

• Options
    I hate any posts (Facebook or TK or otherwise) where the sentence ends with "lol".

"lol" is not an appropriate way to end a sentence.  It's called a period, people!
  • Options

I'd like to add the adults who post about their birthdays like it's a big fucking deal. 

"One month 'till my birthday! I hope everyone has gift ideas lol"
    "Tomorrow is Nov. first - that's my birthday month! Yayayay!"
    "Hawks game the Tuesday before my birthday - hint hint lollolol"

You're an ADULT. STFU.

Freshman year of college, a facebook friend of mine posted her birthday wish list for all her friends to see. *gag*

But I think this is worse: At a previous job of mine, my coworkers and I had desktop computers and from time to time, we would end up using one another's computers/Windows accounts when we were too busy to log out. I was 20ish at the time, and this woman I worked with was 30. After finishing up some work in her login, I was closing some windows on the computer and came across her Christmas wish list in a word document for herself, her husband and their dog complete with pictures of exactly what it was they (she) wanted.
    Just...no

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

Both my mom and FMIL share my posts on facebook. They're both the type to.post those stupid chain posts or "inspirational" pictures too.

I don't even want to see my son's poop, so why the fuck would all my facebook friends want to see it? Nobody gives a shit (ha)

update to my OP... Someone else found out who the parents to be are, and commented the names on the picture... I really have to think these poor people don't have facebook and have no idea this was posted...

• Options
    I don't have my birthday shown in FB.  I really hate how everyone and their dog, who you haven't seen/spoken with in years suddenly pops up to wish everyone a happy birthday just cos Facebook told them too.  I don't post those either.  If we're close enough, I'll call you or tell you when I see you in person.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards