Chit Chat

Why is your screen name the way it is?

Re: Why is your screen name the way it is?

• Because my name is Ashley. Yep, that's pretty much it. 8918 was the last 4 digits of an old phone number of mine.
  • Because my name is Ashley. Yep, that's pretty much it. 8918 was the last 4 digits of an old phone number of mine.
    Your siggy is especially appropriate to this post!
    Hahahaha, it's perfect!
  • My first ever forum screen name was little740girl on a BMW forum because I had a BMW 740 (a hand me down from my mom) and I am a petite girl. This got a lot of attention from the guys because OMG a girl on the internet! So when I got my second car- a silver 3 series, I changed it to Silverbeam. I tried to change it again when I got a MINI but the community revolted (at that point I was a mod and well known as SB) so I changed it back.

But when I got my name here, I didn't want to be silverbeam, so I went with SBMINI. SB for the nickname I have on the bmw forums, and MINI because that was what I had when I got my screen name. Today, I'm no longer on the forums and no one really calls me SB any more, and the MINI has since been sold. So it isn't the most creative thing in the world.
  • When I was in college I was an RA and I got really, really sick.  I didn't come out of my room for a few days except to use the bathroom.  One of my residents, a huge, goth looking football player named Aslan, left me a message on my wipe off board on the outside of the door:

"Pretty Girl Lost"

It stuck as a username ever since.  Oh and Aslan and his roommate brought me two huge containers of chicken soap from the dining halls once they knew I was sick. . . they were really sweet!

I also have a similar SN of PrettyGirlLuxe.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I was looking through rose-colored glasses right after the engagement. Definitely living "la vie en rose." :) Plus I love roses! Someone must have had that SN already because it wouldn't allow me to use it. So I went with levieenrose instead because I couldn't give it up, but I must admit I kinda want to change it because it looks illiterate. 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Bubblegum was my camp name when I was a junior counselor at a girl scout camp for a few years in middle/high school. I can still hear the high pitch screams of "bubblegum bubblegum!" of all the little girls screaming trying to get my attention for something!!!

So I used bubblegum1309 as my AIM when I got a little older... added on the 13(fav number) and 09(born in September).

Anniversary
  • I love guacamole, but with no tomatoes and no onions. I make 2 batches - 1 for me, 1 for everyone else.
  • Ink dancer was taken by @Inkdancer‌ fifilarue (my nickname) was taken...basically I just kept typing in words vaguely related to me until I found something I liked...and now I'm kind of sick of it...
  • I'm a final Fantasy nerd.  I played FF7 a lot during my childhood.  Getting the Gold Chocobo was a feat to be proud of.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @bubblegum1309 I used my counselor camp name from a girl scout camp too! I still remember the little girls screaming "Aurora" at 1 am because there was a spider in their tent haha! 

I picked Aurora as my camp name (and now internet moniker) because I love Sleeping Beauty, roses are my favorite flower, and 41 is my birthday (April 1). 

• DH always names his Dungeons and Dragons characters Millil or Ser Millil. Since we're married that makes me Lady Millil.

Anniversary
  • One of my friends in HS called me Beeth on AIM in a typo. Everyone at school started calling me Beeth, which lead to variations of Beeth. Beethles, Beethelda, Beethlejuice, Beetharoni, Beethery.

It's weird, because I didn't go to college with anyone from my high school, but the same thing happened again, and I never mentioned it until it started happening.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• its an 11 year old's "cool" play on SmallFry which was my camp nick name for a long time. 19 is my favorite #. It was (and still is) my email. I just used it. I used to use it everywhere, but I have slowly started phasing it out. 
    Anniversary
  • I like onions. A lot.

I learned how to use gifs today.
  • beethery said:
    One of my friends in HS called me Beeth on AIM in a typo. Everyone at school started calling me Beeth, which lead to variations of Beeth. Beethles, Beethelda, Beethlejuice, Beetharoni, Beethery.

It's weird, because I didn't go to college with anyone from my high school, but the same thing happened again, and I never mentioned it until it started happening.
    I'm dying over here about Beethlejuice. 
  • I'm a final Fantasy nerd.  I played FF7 a lot during my childhood.  Getting the Gold Chocobo was a feat to be proud of.  

ETA: WTF?  This posted twice?  Sorry, guys!!

@goldchocobo H and I have a license plate frame that says "my other ride is a chocobo". 
    Anniversary
    @goldchocobo H and I have a license plate frame that says "my other ride is a chocobo". 
    I named my Gold Chocobo "AWESUM".  He's the Ferrari of Chocobos.

I named my Gold Chocobo "AWESUM".  He's the Ferrari of Chocobos.
    I think at one point in time playing FFXIII-2 H named one of his chocobos Dog. 
    Anniversary
  • My name is Sophie, and I just use this username a lot.
  • I live in CT, I have friends down south who call me a "Connecticut Yankee," we're Yankees fans and for three more days I'm a bride. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I'm not that creative either, k is first initial, a is second, Smith is generic. I am a 1 because I needed a number. 
  • I needed to change my old screen name because it had my nickname in it. I choose Arrippa since it is my main toon's name in SWTOR.
  • When I first signed up for the site I thought, damn, I have to create a nickname? I hate nicknames. 

So I typed in what you see here, as kind of a, "this IS my nickname, bitch" reaction. 

• Larrygaga was maybe my favorite thing that lady gaga ever did. It's also my steam username from like 5 years ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Cougars are my HS mascot and I had this old screen name from AIM days. 12 is birthday month. 

• larrygaga said:
    Larrygaga was maybe my favorite thing that lady gaga ever did. It's also my steam username from like 5 years ago.
    Your signature is making me LOL
  • Mine's just pieces of my names mashed together.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards