Chit Chat

Why is your screen name the way it is?

Re: Why is your screen name the way it is?

• I used to sell cookies. Utilizing tactics that some people said were akin to drug dealers (the first taste is free...). Someone called me a cookie pusher, and it stuck.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• My aunt used to call me goldfish because I have a not so great memory (the old saying that goldfish have a memory of 3 seconds, which isn't true but, whatever). I added Mrs because I'm married now. 
  • Because I started as a lurker, and I'm a girl.  And obviously lack creativity.

I signed up for TK to play with websites and just used a version of my name.  Then I discovered the forums, which is where I learned the word "lurker."  When I decided to start posting, I needed to change my username to not have my real name in it, thus lurkergirl was born.  I would have picked something else (don't know what) if that hadn't been available without numbers.

• NOT THE GUMDROP BUTTONS! Yeah. I just was thinking of names and was thinking... hmmm a name everyone would know.... do they know.... And then it hit me.  The muffinman. Then I thought of Mongo from Shrek in his deep stupid voice saying, "Beeeeeeee Good!" I can't further explain this thought process, I was probably dropped on my head as in infant.

Because of your username, I have gotten the muffin man song stuck in my head SO MANY TIMES... Which then lead to the Welcome To Duloc song. Thank you/I hate you hahaha

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• No car. Mercedes is my name.
  • beethery said:

NOT THE GUMDROP BUTTONS! Yeah. I just was thinking of names and was thinking... hmmm a name everyone would know.... do they know.... And then it hit me.  The muffinman. Then I thought of Mongo from Shrek in his deep stupid voice saying, "Beeeeeeee Good!" I can't further explain this thought process, I was probably dropped on my head as in infant.

Because of your username, I have gotten the muffin man song stuck in my head SO MANY TIMES... Which then lead to the Welcome To Duloc song. Thank you/I hate you hahaha

Duloc is, duloc is, duloc is a perfeccttt plaacceeeeeeeeee

image   image   image

• J calls me his angel, we got married on 10/18. 

Although I'm considering changing it to MrsComposer now - we've got a famous last name (no relation that I know of).

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Mine comes from my real name, Raissy is the nickname my FI gives me, and Rais is short for my name which is Raissa.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies convinced me from the other post to change mine since its so close to everything I have IRL. 

Dole Whips from Disney are magical. 

imageimage

• I'm from DC, I'm going to be a bride, and I'm wildly uncreative haha
  • Decided that my own birthday would be too easy to find me in the real world/interwebs stalking so it's my husband's birthday 8/9/84

• Mine is my name with extra "a"s because just "emma" was taken. 

• Mine is what River Song says to the Doctor. We spent more time watching Doctor Who in our relationship infancy than we did doing ANYTHING else, and that's been his text tone for over a year. 

Levioosa has officially made me jealous about her friend's wedding. In Orlando. With the Wizarding World. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My name starts with a B, so my now-H calls me B. When we got engaged we said he was Fianc-A and I was Fianc-B. Fiancees. Woo. 
  • I obviously love cake... That user name was taken so I added on the year I was born
  • I'm a practicing witch who loves booze.

• Mine's a family nickname that I've had since I was little. I got engaged in 2014. BOOM.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the princess of Genovia. 

My real name is Mia (Amelia), I was like 10 when the movie came out and for a week after I saw I introduced myself as Amelia MiddleName LastName, Princess of Genovia because I loved when she did it in her speech. 14 years later and it stuck as a seldom used screen name.

Also I was a weird ass kid.
    We would have been great friends.
    Anniversary

• @sarahufl Every time I see your name or type it I pronounce it in my head as Sara Hufl. haha 

• jenna8984 said:
    @sarahufl Every time I see your name or type it I pronounce it in my head as Sara Hufl. haha 
    lol, you are not the only one who has mentioned that to me!
  • jenna8984 said:

@sarahufl Every time I see your name or type it I pronounce it in my head as Sara Hufl. haha 

Lol me too!

• Mine is just the name of one of my dogs along with my favorite holiday. Never really tried to change it but nobody that knows me goes on here so I hope I'm in the clear and can leave it
  • luckya23 said:

Things always seem to work out for me, even when they should totally end in disaster.  We call it my "Amber Luck."

23 is my lucky number.  My birth date adds up to 23, and I was born at 23:23.  I grew up in house #23.  I also chose my wedding date to add up to 23.

@luckya23 are we name twins? :)

I live in JC, I'm a bride, and we're getting married in 2015.  I was JCbride2014 but then we pushed the wedding back so I changed my name.  I've been thinking about changing it to something more creative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Anjemon is a nickname my sister came up with. She was trying to make me do something she wanted, so she cried "Anjemon, fetch". (Anjemon is like Pokemon) And the nickname stuck. My sister is really good at nicknames that stick. We also call my youngest sister Peach for no reason I can remember, other than Maureen started it.

A bunch of my friends in college actually started using Anjemon too. One of my younger sister's friends attended my college and brought it with her. It's the main way my FI refers to me, although it's shortened to Anj 99% of the time.
  • This whole thread, and the "have you changed" thread have made me want to change mine. When I signed up, I chose based on what our wedding website url might look like, and if FI were ever on here. Since he's expressed exactly zero interest on here, and I finally learned how to change it, BOOM. It's happening. 

• The saying in my family is that "if it happens in the kitchen, Witchey's good at it".

I was a practicing pagan for a long time. Now no longer practicing, but still "witchy". Kitchen witchcraft is a solitary practice in which power is drawn from the mundane, especially cooking.

Also, a kitchen witch is a kind of doll that's meant to ward off bad spirits and bring in good luck etc. 

From Wikipedia:
    Although largely unknown in modern England, the Kitchen Witch was known in England in Tudor times. The will of one John Crudgington, of Newton, Worfield, Shropshire, dated 1599, divides...his belongings amongst his wife and three children, "except the cubbard in the halle the witche in the kytchyn which I gyve and bequeathe to Roger my sonne."

And that's how I got my screen name.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    This used to be my main character's name when I played Everquest.

*cough*
  • jenna8984 said:
    I feel like this is sort of related, because every time I see @falsara 's name it makes me think of the R&B song "Falsetto" by The Dream.

"Ooh ooh ooh baby, ah ah ah" ;)
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards