Not Engaged Yet
Options

Happy Tuesday!!

2»

Re: Happy Tuesday!!

• Options
    @speakeasy14‌ Ha you must be new to TK. Shoes has been around for ages as have I. This is not new or surprising behavior coming from her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ye$$$$, you're $o right.  All I ever talk about, and have ever talked about for four year$, i$ moneyyyyyy.

I don't contribute $upport, advice, thing$ going on in my per$onal life, or much el$e.  It'$ all about the $$$ for me.

I am $o $urpri$ed that it took four year$ and a troll like you to be di$covered.
  • Options
    I'll give you that. You are quite exceptional at talking about yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hot damn girl. You love talking about money.
    And? 
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I'm willing to bet that there are plenty of people who agree with me but are choosing to keep the peace. Good thing you have your army of noobs coming to your rescue. I guess someone has to. Have a lovely rest of the day being the typical self-absorbed Shoes we all know and put up with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm willing to bet that there are plenty of people who agree with me but are choosing to keep the peace. Good thing you have your army of noobs coming to your rescue. I guess someone has to. Have a lovely rest of the day being the typical self-absorbed Shoes we all know and put up with.
    I'm not a newb and I'm wondering what exactly are you getting out of this? Is this fun for you? This is unnecessary and rude! GTFO!
  • Options
    reginaphalange1. So much of the crap you write is inflammatory. I have zero time left for you today, other than to warn my fellow NEYers...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    1) are you smart enough to hire a wallpaper remover? Or do you just have free weekends during which you can remove wallpaper?
    I'd pay good money to have someone else remove wallpaper. That kind of stuff is NOT my strong suit.

2) what is your favorite fall tradition?
    Apple cider, leaf peeping, football

3) what is the most common topic of conversation that comes up when you're hanging out with your siblings?
    My mother's latest hilariousness

4) any good Christmas present ideas yet?
    For me? Yep, lots of them! :) I think I'm going to get DH a leather tablet case. This year, we picked names in my family, so I just have to come up with one really good present. And for my in-laws, we decided to do an ornament exchange. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    futuremrshistorian that is amazing!!! 
  • Options

SITB: No, no, no.  Not a newbie, have actually met Shoes several times and count her as a friend.  You are being rude for no reason.
  • Options
    eilis1228 -- just saw your post -- I can't believe your venue is putting that much pressure on you to have everything booked now.  Maybe ask around and see if you really do need to book everything now or if you can wait until a more realistic time.  Also, those shoes are gorgeous. 
  • Options
    @love2shop4shoes I don't think I've ever seen you post about money. I'm still a newb, but I've been posting for about 6 months now, so I mean... that's a pretty significant time to gauge what you post about. Money is never your #1 priority... and like @futuremrshistorian said, your post now talked about how you're spending money on other people, which is the opposite of selfish. Someone is trollin' today, and I'm sorry they've fixated on you. :(

@speakeasy14 The pressure is definitely on! Although based on what I've seen from other people I know getting married, I probably do need to hurry up and book things. It just blows my mind that I'm already falling behind when I'm still so far out... the wedding industry is ridiculous. :-\ I'm very excited about the shoes though! Can't believe I found such a good deal on them.

• Options
    @phira, I'm staying out of the thread, mostly to not entice the troll, but your post was one of the funniest things I've read in a while!
  • Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

Regarding Regina and Shoes and money and foolishness:

I can't even.

@Swazzle, sooooo, whatcha think of Eugene these days?

1) are you smart enough to hire a wallpaper remover? Or do you just have free weekends during which you can remove wallpaper? I probably WOULD be smart enough if I could afford such things (including a place with wallpaper to remove in the first place). But since I'm financially embarrassed, I would probably do it myself and not mind too much.

2) what is your favorite fall tradition? I used to love going to haunted houses, etc. for Halloween back when  my group of friends wasn't all domestic and lame (no offense to those here who have homes and hubbies and whatnot; I'm just bitter). Otherwise, my tradition for the past few years has been working and stressing over family drama. Since we're all in a relatively peaceful place this year and I should at least have Thanksgiving off, I guess we'll see what kinds of new traditions emerge for the holidays.

3) what is the most common topic of conversation that comes up when you're hanging out with your siblings? Stupid YouTube videos. Our parents. Who can burp the loudest. Very cerebral things, ya know?

4) any good Christmas present ideas yet? I'm so not ready to think about the holidays yet. All I can think of for my dad is something in preparation for our trip to Sicily next summer - maybe some kind of luggage or something? Or some Ativan...Lord knows we'll both need it for the flight.

Other stuff of note:

-I have been engaging in a LOT of retail therapy lately. I've been thrifting, I've been to DSW, I've been to Target. I have cute clothes and shoes now for when it finally gets cold! And now it's time to stop.
    -It's literally 70 degrees outside today. I'm all about the warm weather, but I'm not enjoying how sporadic it is right now. What can I say? I like to know what to expect, and I don't expect weather like this in November.
    -I am feeling super depressed since finishing school. I think I need to start learning something again. What's something you've picked up recently - a hobby? A form of exercise? A recipe?
    -I start my new job next Wednesday, eeeeeee!
    -I got my hair did and it looks sooooo much better now! I will post a pic once I have a good one. But in sum, it's a lot darker and just a tinge of reddish/auburn-ish color, and I got real bangs, and it just feels and looks fabulous.

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

Sorry, double post!

• Options
    I'm technically not off today, but the base is closed so I'm flexing my time.  I worked for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to work an hour or so from home every night.  H and I hung out today, did PIYO, and I took my final exam for my PMP class.  I did really well on the exam, and I was able to find areas where I definitely need to study.  I am SO GLAD that class is over.  looking forward to having my first Saturday back in almost 3 months!!

H is at the doctor right now, and I'm taking a 5 minute break from work to check in here.

I think we're going to Target tonight, so obviously that is majorly exciting.  we also put up our Christmas decorations today.  normally I wait until Thanksgiving, but since we'll be out of town for a week around Thanksgiving and then my big exam comes up a few days after we get back, I decided just to put it up now and have one less thing to do in a couple weeks.  it's so festive and cheery and I guess all the haters are gonna hate, because we're FA-LA-LA-ing it up in the Coco household!  XM radio's holiday stations started today, so if it's good enough for XM it's good enough for me.

we're having a really tasty-looking beef and butternut squash and bean chili.  yum.

that's all I've got, y'all.

OH!  @futuremrshistorian - if you want, PM me with your SO's info.  my contract has a ton of open positions right now.  I have no idea what he does *teaching?* but maybe I'll know of something on the contract or in the fed jobs I've heard about lately.  we've got an Academy on base, if he's looking for teaching, plus I saw a teaching job on the contract open up recently.
  • Options
    @CLoGreenEyes‌ come to Orlando next year and come to Halloween horror nights with us!!! We are not too mature to be scared

@swazzle shoot are you already in and out of Florida?!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

@phira - Seeing the words "COME AT ME BRO" above your adorable e-pic is the funniest thing I've read all day.

@CocoBellaF - NOOOOO!!!! It is not Christmas yet!!! Also, this song was playing as I read your post, so just for you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - First, you just became my second favorite person of the day (after my roofing contractor).  Second, YGPM.
  • Options

I'm so sad I missed out on the troll yesterday! Lame.

@AuroraRose41 - Try Japanese whiskey for your BF! It's kind of expensive, but it is SO GOOD. And if he's never tried it before, it could be fun to get him something he probably wouldn't buy himself.

1) are you smart enough to hire a wallpaper remover? Or do you just have free weekends during which you can remove wallpaper? I believe I am smart enough, and it sounds like there are handy tricks involving vinegar.

2) what is your favorite fall tradition? Drinking tea by my fireplace

3) what is the most common topic of conversation that comes up when you're hanging out with your siblings? I don't talk to most of them. My little sister and I mostly talk about music, competition talent shows, or we sing together. My other siblings and I talk about the rest of the family a lot. With 8 kids, there is a lot of gossip.

4) any good Christmas present ideas yet? This is the first year I've known about uncommongoods.com. I have a LOT of present ideas. For instance, a crazy light switch cover. Or perhaps a rock that you pur your whisky out of. Essentially useless things that look super cool.

• Options
    @AlPacina that's a great idea! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards