Chit Chat
Options

Confession

Re: Confession

• Options
    Confession. I had a whole pile of spring baby clothes for my niece and nephew stashed (hidden in a closet) at work, waiting for them to go down to 1.99. Checked the price today and nearly all of them are full price again. After being 2.99 for weeks. I dropped them off in the internet returns pile and feel kinda guilty.

But not so guilty that I'm not going to sneak over to Infants tomorrow to see if they manually marked them down.

Anniversary
  • Options
    beethery said:
    My confession today is that the TOS is saving some motherfuckers from me expediting their visit to the therapist.
    I just love the shit that comes out of your mouth.
    I do what I caaaaannnnnn :)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    jenna8984 said:

I didn't do this today but I often sneak ingredients that DH doesn't like into recipes because I like them. Nothing as blatant as like mushrooms, but I do it all the time with minced garlic and nutmeg. If he knows about it, he will freak and say he doesn't like those, yet when he doesn't know it's in there he doesn't frigen taste it or notice. lol

Also, my brother gave his baby a name that I think is really trashy and stupid, so now that they announced their pregnancy with a new baby I'm already in anticipation of what this name will be....

lol FI hates mushrooms and says he's allergic to them. (any time he doesn't like something, he's "allergic" to it.) When he went out of town for a conference, I bought myself a nice bottle of a wine and cooked a big steak with sauteed mushrooms on top! And then I sent him a photo of it. He was totally jealous of the steak, and I totally enjoyed the mushrooms :)
    DH is the same. He claims to be allergic to ranch dressing. Dude, just say you don't like it. You can't be allergic to ranch dressing. 

When I go to restaurants if I order something that has an ingredient I don't like (like pineapple) when I tell he server no so-and-so I mention I'm allergic to it even if I'm not. It's been my experience that people are more likely to remember not put to something in a dish if they think it might kill you.
    I know this is a confessional and i shouldn't tell you off but I'm gunna 

but people stop taking allergies seriously when they think everyone is lying about allergies, leading people with real allergies to have contaminated food. Send the food back and make them remake it if it has the wrong stuff on it. 

Youre right. I'll stop. It is such a huge hassle when they mess it up though. I won't make other people I'm out with wait because they have to remake my food so if they screw up my order I tend to tell them to take it back and take my meal off the bill.
  • Options
    Everyone is pissing me off today.

I have a large diet coke that DH bought me this afternoon. I decided a while ago that it needed rum in it. So now I'm drinking mostly rum out of a McD's cup with a straw.

Feeling classy today.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wishing H would get me some wine.  I just walked into a wall, and my eye is hurting terribly, today. I can drink on this medication. woot woot. Thank God. Pretty fucking bored otherwise. Might raid the hard liquor cabinet. If only I had some pineapple juice. Patron is sounding too good, right now

• Options
    I'm having potatoes for dinner. Just potatoes.

• Options
    Totally copying. I couldn't decide what to eat. Decision made!
  • Options

I love you for not asking if I'm pregnant for wanting potatoes for dinner.

• Options
    Never. Potatoes are always an acceptable dinner. Espcially if they are cheesy and/or buttery.
  • Options
    I had a box of turkey stove top for dinner yesterday, who am I to judge?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Confession: I'm at a business dinner and REALLY want to go back to the hotel and sleep.
  • Options
    Never. Potatoes are always an acceptable dinner. Espcially if they are cheesy and/or buttery.
    Boiled, smashed, drizzled with rosemary-infused olive oil, kosher salt and pepper, broiled until crispy. Topped with a metric fuckton of fresh grated Parmesan.
    Your plane lands at 1am at MHT. I'll pick you up.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Boiled, smashed, drizzled with rosemary-infused olive oil, kosher salt and pepper, broiled until crispy. Topped with a metric fuckton of fresh grated Parmesan.

SITB FUUUCK

These are the dinners I've had this week:

Mashed potatoes and cookie dough
    Chips and salsa
    A lunchable

I'm a fucking mess.
  • Options
    Dinner tonight: Froyo. But there was sprinkles on it, those are vegetables, right?
  • Options
    I missed you all today.. I spent my day with horribly-ending alcoholic withdrawing, trying to keep up with him not going into DTs. I came hone 2 hours after my shift ended. DH was waiting with warm Winter Jacket, and then made pumpkin spice Kahlua and milk for my bedtime drink. It was delicioussss. :) he's so sweet and now to bed cuz I've got to deal with this shit storm in the morning again.

image   image   image

• Options
    My confession: I WANT THIS FOR XMAS!!!!! Gaaaaaaaaaah so much cute I'm gonna die. Yes I'm a grown woman but I just can't @chibiyui

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sophhabobopha - I cannot even tell you how many times I've had chips & salsa for dinner. 

A few weeks ago I switched it up a little and had peanut butter & saltines instead, but it wasn't as magical. 
  • Options
    I bought three pairs of boots and then hid them in the closet. And this was after H bought me a very expensive pair of boots in Italy. In my defense though, in the year leading up to the wedding, I barely spent any money on clothing since we were saving. 

I invited my family over for Christmas day, and now I'm regretting it. 
  • Options
    OMG I judge baby names so hard.  Especially ones with ridiculous spellings. 

I also judge people with giant hairs sticking out of moles that they don't pluck.  Just pluck it.

• Options
    How about a side of pancake mix?
    Don't be so wasteful @slothiegal, geeeez... I'm saving the pancake mix for @beethery's wedding gift.

• Options
    ShellD13 said:
    Now on to the topic at hand...I hide ingredients in food all the time.  My stepkids are extremely picky and while H is better he too can be particular.  So I often find myself pulsing onions or garlic into paste in my food processor while the kids aren't looking.  IF they so much as see a sliver of onion it is all over and I will end up throwing the entire meal away.
    I threaten to do this all the time with FI and cilantro. He HATES it and he can taste the tiniest little smidge of it. 
    I knew a lady whose husband was allergic to certain laundry detergents. He would break out in a rash if she used it. Whenever he made her mad, guess what happened.

I don't know if anyone has responded to this yet @theycallmelinz - but it's possible that your FI is one of the rare folks that cilantro tastes like soap to.  This is a brain/super taster type of issue.  It may not be that he just doesn't like it.

• Options
    As far as confessions go, I have been spending time at work looking at investment strategies and knotting. And I don't feel bad about it all. Especially since my project pretty much was cancelled and my manager doesn't even know what other ones to put me on. 
    are you my twin?  My boss got mad at me the other day because my most recent project was finished, i had no other work piled up, and she also had nothing for me to do....?  How is this my fault?

but yeah, knotting and med school applications are taking up my days now.  Sorry, not sorry. 
  • Options
    ShellD13 said:
    Now on to the topic at hand...I hide ingredients in food all the time.  My stepkids are extremely picky and while H is better he too can be particular.  So I often find myself pulsing onions or garlic into paste in my food processor while the kids aren't looking.  IF they so much as see a sliver of onion it is all over and I will end up throwing the entire meal away.
    I threaten to do this all the time with FI and cilantro. He HATES it and he can taste the tiniest little smidge of it. 
    I knew a lady whose husband was allergic to certain laundry detergents. He would break out in a rash if she used it. Whenever he made her mad, guess what happened.

I don't know if anyone has responded to this yet @theycallmelinz - but it's possible that your FI is one of the rare folks that cilantro tastes like soap to.  This is a brain/super taster type of issue.  It may not be that he just doesn't like it.
    He says it tastes like feet to him. I don't even know lol.

Concerning dinners, last Friday FI was gone so I had ice cream for dinner. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    @cafarrie I'm sorry your boss got mad! Mine just looked frustrated with the situation, but was not upset at me for it because it's not my fault. He is upset at the people who did mess up though.  My job relies on others doing their jobs properly, so if they mess up, then I can't do my work, which is exactly what happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards