Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Kind of Confused

2»

Re: Kind of Confused

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Can you provide pricing on the Trolly? How many people does it hold?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I imagine you could have a cheaper wedding in Seattle.  You wouldn't have to worry about travel, and your guests wouldn't either.  Small wedding at hall, the courthouse, or in your backyard, then supply drinks and food trays from the grocery store or a caterer.   I'm flying from Portland, and we could have definitely done something cheaper in town if we were just looking to do something for less money.  Heck, you could probably even get a food truck to come to your location and serve people for a pretty low price.
  • Options
  • Options
    lglepper said:
    @nyhollyday @aggiespartan @vegasbride2015. The whole point of Vegas for us was to have a cheaper wedding than we could get here in the Seattle area. We just bought a house and want to start a family sooner rather than later. So, we have definitely made some cuts. We aren't doing dinner. Just a cocktail reception with heavy apps for 2 hours BEFORE the ceremony from 2-4ish. That way everyone can do whatever they want regarding dinner/show. We also, did not go with the "traditional" caterers, and I fully believe that has saved us a ton. We aren't doing decor. There was no formal invites. It is a short flight for us, so I'm guessing that is less expensive than those of you flying further. Tijuana Trolley was quite a bit cheaper than all the other places I contacted for a strip tour. I know there will be some incidentals like shipping supplies down and what not. We were very transparent in talking to people we invited, so no one is expecting a formal, sit down dinner reception.
    I live north of you in Bellingham. I have no desire to wed here as I do not like this area. But yes, you could most definitely do a cheaper wedding in Vegas. So I guess it really depends on what you spend and how long you are staying in Vegas. For us, we are flying direct out of BLI (which is really no different price-wise than if we were to fly out of SEA on the same airline (Alaska), and saves us a 2 hour drive and parking), staying a week in Vegas, ceremony/wedding/reception all at the same place for 28 ppl (including us), a stay at the Trump (which is spendy, yes, but LV terms not really), we are buying our own food so we do not eat at restaurants (Costco), renting a car instead of cabbing it, plus there's the dress, the tux rentals, the flights, the list goes on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's interesting.  I know we could have done it much cheaper in Portland than in Vegas.  We didn't want to ask people to travel then not provide them with a meal, so that wasn't really an option for us.  Even if we had it in Portland, all of our family and friends would have had to travel to us.  We picked Vegas because most of the flights are cheaper there than to PDX and because we were planning to be in Vegas at the time for a vacation anyway.  
  • Options
    Same here @aggiespartan. My family is further down south and his family is in the Midwest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    There are definitely cheaper options in Vegas! It just depends how formal you want everything and/or how fun you want to make it. Our vow renewal is going to be roughly $5,500 - $6,000 not including the dress (my dad and mom wanted to buy that for me). That includes ceremony, dinner, double decker bus tour, after party with 2 hour open bar at PBR Rock Bar, as well as fleece throw favors (for the bus), flip flops for the women, cake pop favors and photography.
  • Options
    It is amazing what you all are doing for different budgets. Great ideas
  • Options
    I like to learn from everyone's budgets, so I appreciate the input here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @nyhollyday‌ ~ try DJ Godzilla - reasonable and great reviews on here. Also for food try Masterpiece Catering - excellent reviews and such great customer service! I hear the good is bomb as well and plenty of it.
    I am using Cosmo Wraparound Suite for reception - wanted the strip and the view. Especially loved the idea of the balcony.
    A lot of people use Maggianos for reception so you may check them out.
    Another place I'm using that so very easy to work with and very reasonable pricing is the Hard Rock Cafe. I have never had a bad meal there either so I'm sure it will be good for the $.
  • Options
    @nyvegaslove Does he play all different types of music? My FI is concerned about this. How many people are you having for the reception? 
    I like Maggianos, they have a private elevator too so you never see the mall. I am also trying to get info on Brooklyn Bowl. It is nice in there, just wondering about pricing.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and congrats on your engagement!
     I also looked at the Palms Cribs suite because it has a dedicated DJ booth, but finding accurate pricing on that room hasn't been easy either.
    The various Palms fantasy suites can get a lot cheaper if you book on a week night, but someone recently did a reception in the bowling alley suite and I think I remember it being in the $5k+ range for one night, and it's difficult to pull that off if you only book one night and get access to it in mid-afternoon.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards