Chit Chat

delete

13»

Re: delete

• Seriously, though, guys. I'm a busy career woman, and when it came time to plan my wedding, I just let my staff make all the decisions. Like, I literally just hired someone to do the whole thing for me, right down to tasting the food and cake with then-FI. I just don't have the time for any of that.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• sarahufl said:
    I don't know what the rest of you are talking about but as soon as I got engaged I quit my job. Wedding planning became my job.  I mean it is the most important day of your life and you should focus solely on that.  Wedding planning > career.
    lol- true story.

I know someone who did this.
    Story time?
    That is basically the story. She got engaged and felt she needed to devote time to DIY'ing the crap out of their wedding. So she quit her (very good) accounting job to wedding plan. My parents went to the wedding and said it was fine, but not overly amazing. She hand-embroidered tote bags FOR EVERY GUEST with the name of the bride and groom. So useful.... It was a pretty standard hotel ballroom wedding with less than 200 guests, so we aren't talking heads of state or anything.

She never did go back to work. A year or so later, they had their first child and are now on number three. Staying at home (IMO) is a full time job and I think it is great that she chose that for herself. But she stayed at home for a full 2 years before the first kid came around.
  • Is it sad I only came here because it said delete? I knew it'd be full of fun GIF's

Isn't that the only reason any of us are here??

• Gosh and here I missed the WHOLE THING. 

Because I was at work. Working extra time that as a full time select exempt employee, I do not get overtime pay for. But I'm doing it anyway to make up for the leave time I took to go to a conference. So I can have that time available when my Dad has surgery for cancer.  And I'm doing more work this weekend. Plus school work, since I'm nuts enough to go back for another degree while doing extra work at my "professional" job.

To think, I sacrificed time here and there to meet with vendors based on their availability! To think I missed the first hour of the bcs championship in january to meet with my DJ, and bought him coffee! I did everything wrong, I should have made them come to me at my convenience!

(Side note, virtual cookies for whomever can pick out where the sarcasm is absolutely dripping in this post).

OP, I've a bit of advice if you come back- don't get your flowers through costco like I did. Yes, they are gorgeous, perfect, and a big money saver. However, you'll have to take time away from your job a few days before your wedding to be home to receive them, then you'll have to put them in water and care for them. Too much work for a career woman like yourself. To help you with juggling work and wedding planning, might I suggest a day planner/diary? They're super helpful for organizing life and you'll be amazed how much you can get done, how well you can arrange to meet with vendors even during traditional party season.
  • Get engaged; quit career.
    Order super-cute "will you be my bridesmaid" box, fill with colour samples, dress pics, venue options, a fake flower, a book of their duties, some confetti, and a ring pop. Oh, and a sizing chart for "getting ready robes/tank tops/sweats.
    Make sure bridesmaids understand they won't actually be standing beside me on my speshul day, instead they can have the honour of being in the second row. It's only fair, really. That one BM is far too fat, she'll make the photos look just awful. My BFF is super-pretty, she'll make ME look awful! That other one has just gone and got herself pregnant like, the week after I asked her (I know, right? RUDE), but at least she'll have lots of time while the baby's sleeping to plan, so that's a bonus, but my speshul day is only 18 months away!!!!!!11!1 she could well still have baby-fat. Urgh.
    Next on the list - hire bridesmaids for my actual speshul day. Plain and mediocre so they don't ruin photos by being too pretty or too ugly.
    Delegate which BM will go to which vendor meeting, since I can't go myself. I mean, I JUST quit my career to plan all this, I have to get started on the important stuff like my dress, and how I'll have my hair.

All in all, it sounds really rather exhausting... Maybe I should just, hire a stand-in bride and be done...
  • Dont forget to have back up bridesmaids so if one gets totes preggers you can sub a gal in at the last second.  You never know if they are gonna get knocked up or something, the whores.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards