Not Engaged Yet

It's Monday, again. Sigh.

Good morning! At least it's a shorter week? Optimism, I haz it. 

My weekend was almost exactly what I expected it to be. It took me FOR-FREAKING-EVER to get home Friday night which was miserable (2 hours instead of 1 hour). H and I went out to dinner and that cheered me up.

Saturday I slept until 10:30am. I was in complete shock when I looked at the clock. I haven't slept that late in years. Apparently I needed it. I went to Old Navy and bought a ton of stuff for 50% off. I also needed that. Disney on Ice: Frozen with my family that afternoon was fantastic. My nieces and goddaughter were so adorable when the songs came on. It warmed my ice cold heart. H and I drove my mom home that night (2 hours away) and spent the night there with my babies! I miss them SO much it hurts. 

Yesterday, I relaxed with my mom and my furry kids and then H and I headed home. I watched the Eagles destroy the Titans and caught up on some of my shows. I watched the AMAs with a glass of wine last night and went to bed way too late. Coffee was very necessary this morning!

Re: It's Monday, again. Sigh.

• @Swazzle sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Friday I took the day off and went and worked out early that morning. Then I went home and cleaned a bit before DH got home. That night we went out to dinner with one of my friends and her FI at this new outlet mall where we live. It's super nice and we can't afford anything in there but we had good food.

Saturday DH and I went to CrossFit that morning and then afterwards we came home to watch all the silly football games. Then we went to a cheerleading competition!!!! OMG I was so excited, it brought back so many memories and I loved every minute of it lol. Then we went back home and DH cooked me dinner and we ate year old wedding cake and exchanged gifts. I got him Falcon's tickets and we got me tickets to go see "Dirty Dancing" at the Fox on Wednesday. So excited.

Sunday morning I was a little hungover but it wore off by the time we got to the game. It was such a close game but the Browns beat the Falcons....unfortunately. Then we came home and I've been feeling icky ever since. I think I'm getting a bad cold, I feel pretty shitty today.

Tonight I plan to snuggle with myself since DH is out hunting until Wednesday.
  • Friday night H and I went to Panera bread for dinner (I got the Autumn Squash soup - mmm my favorite!). 

Saturday I had some shopping to take care of.  We decided to take back the picture frames my brother and his wife gave us for the wedding as we wouldn't use them (if they didn't have to have 'Our Wedding'/'I Do' ALL over them, I would have used them).  Then we went to Sam's Club bought WAY too many snacks and after that we went to the grocery store.  I never made it to see Big Hero 6.  When we got home, I did some laundry and H and I watched some TV.  H had to leave for work at 8pm and I had to leave at 9:00pm (gotta love working IT and having to do any updates 'Off Hours' to minimize impact).  H got home around 3:30AM and I didn't get back home until 5:00AM.  I slept in until about 10, H got up around 11, we got ready and went to H's house to watch the Browns game.

Exciting weekend right?  We're such a boring couple :o)

Anniversary
  • I only work Monday and Friday this week and I'm so grateful for that.  I'm looking forward to family time and thanksgiving so much.

Friday I didn't need to be at the theater, so I made a lazy dinner for us.  We just hung out and played some games.  Saturday we ran some errands picked up our kitties ashes which was a bit sad.  Then we painted all of the trim in the kitchen and did some touch ups to the paint.  It made me tired and sore for some reason.  Yesterday was my sister's baby shower.  It was a lot of fun.  I'm so excited for her.  The rest of the day we were home I watched some football and then The Walking Dead.

I'm not really tired but I'm ready for the work day to be over and start my middle of the week break.  We wanted to see Mockingjay this past weekend but we decided to wait until this coming weekend for it, hopefully less crowds.

Anniversary

• H spent pretty much all weekend working because he was on call.

Friday night and Saturday afternoon I worked on the photobooks I'm putting together for my parents and IL's as Christmas gifts. Saturday morning was also really beautiful so I took Cinders for a walk/run and then to the dogpark. Saturday mornings tend to be puppies and younger/smaller dogs so Cinders was a lot more comfortable. We haven't been in months because last time we took her she basically got attacked when we walked in. One dog grabbed the scruff of her neck and another dog grabbed her leg and started pulling and Cinders literally started screaming. I didn't see either of those dogs there this time so figured it was pretty safe to try another go at the park. She played soccer with a goldendoodle and raced around the park with a white shepherd and a 5 month old German Shepherd who was exactly her size. That night I went with my parents to see Gone Girl. I was supposed to read the book for bookclub but never did so I had no idea what to expect and yeah...that movie is totally fucked up.

Sunday H and I slept in and then he made us both breakfast. He had to work again that afternoon so I went to the mall and bought some more stuff with our wedding giftcards including a super awesome Breville Coffee Grinder! I am so excited! We've been using a manual grinder for two years now and this is going to make making coffee sooooooo much faster!

• @southernpeach89 - It sounds like you had such a great anniversary except for the Falcons loss! Feel better soon!!!

@Dignity100 - Chore weekends are the worst and it seems like that's what yours consisted of! I hope you have a fun one coming up at least!

@Peaseblossom55 - I now have TWO episodes of TWD to catch up on. Maybe I'll do that... now. 

• @LaPeanut1018 - Dog parks can be so awful. The first time we took Lucy, she was a 3 month old puppy. Within 10 minutes of us getting there, all the people took their dogs and left. I felt so sad for her. She's also gotten beat up multiple times by French Bulldogs. It's always the French Bulldogs. 

@peekaboo2011 - That's awesome! Great job!!!

@Ollie08 - I don't know about THREE sizes but maybe half that :) O is the cutest EVER.

• @Swazzle I feel bad because one of the dogs who grabbed her was a pit. The other was some sort of boxer. There are SO many pits at our park that we go to who are wonderful, sweet, loving dogs and I love them all (especially the super chubby looking ones, they are my favorites!)...but this particular dog definitely has some control issues. I've seen her be a nice dog but she can also be very aggressive and dominant and it quickly gets out of hand with her. I think we also walked in to a high energy situation and it all got let out on Cinders as the "new dog" in the park.

@peekaboo2011 Congrats on your amazing time!!! That course looks tough...hills kill me every time.

• @southernpeach89 - Happy Anniversary!! I hope you get to feeling better. I miss cheerleading, it's so much fun! I'm actually really excited because that's next on Little O's list of sports she wants to do. I think she'd be great at it. Also, the gig Q interviewed for is for next year's NDA competition in FL.

@LaPeanut1018 - How are the photobooks coming out? It sounds like this dog park experience was much better.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My weekend was great but incredibly busy. I feel like I need a weekend to recoup from my weekend, but unfortunately this week and next week will be busy too. Friday we hung out with N1 and N2, and they didn't talk about the awkward engagement ring shopping experience, so everything was fine. We ate dinner, played board games, and went home around midnight. They have a new kitten, but I'm highly allergic to cats, and as soon as my allergy meds wore off, I had to leave. :-\ Saturday FI and I slept in until 10, and then I worked out, we cleaned, ran errands, and then went and saw Interstellar at the IMAX at 4:15. It was really good! A little too cheesy at times for my taste, but overall very good. One of our guy friends bawled like a baby through the whole thing, which was kinda funny. After the movie ended, we grabbed dinner and then everyone came back to our place to play some board games. I bought a new game that ended up being fun but really complicated. It took us a couple of hours to play through it. Oops! Sunday we woke up really early and went to Half Price Books for our engagement pictures. I think they went really well! The photographer said he's going to expedite the editing on that shoot and give me all of our pics sometime this week. I'm betting it will be next week though with Thanksgiving in the middle of the week. Either way, I'm really excited about it. Afterwards FI and I checked out a small farmer's market that Half Price Books was hosting in the parking lot, and we found these awesome books that were made into letter. I think we're going to get our first name initials and an ampersand for the wedding. The owner of the shop said she'd make me custom ones in our colors, so I need to check those out later today. After that, FI and I helped a friend pack for a couple of hours, and then we went home and had some friends and our goddaughter over for a few hours. They left around 8, and I passed out by 9:30! It was unreal how tired I was. 

This week I work until Wednesday, and then Thursday FI and I are driving to Houston for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. We'll drive back home Friday, and I told him I'm setting up Christmas immediately after we get home. As in, we'll pull into the garage and grab the Christmas tree and Christmas decor on our way into the apartment. :) Saturday morning I need to cook a few things, and Saturday afternoon we're headed to FI's parents' house for Thanksgiving with his parents and brother. Then next Sunday afternoon I have the Nutcracker with my mom, my aunt, and my cousin. Soooo yeah, busy busy busy.

I meant to work out this morning before work, but when I woke up, my allergies were insane. Red eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and acid reflux from all the drainage. I took some allergy meds, laid back down, and woke up like 2 hours later. Oops. Allergies have been behaving so far this morning, so hopefully I'll be fine to work out this afternoon. 

@Swazzle I'm right there with you on the shorter week! We can totally survive a 3-day week. 

@southernpeach89 It sounds like you guys had a great anniversary, even though the Falcons lost. 

@Dignity100 UGH I'm sorry you guys got very little sleep this weekend. :-\ Hopefully next weekend you'll be able to see Big Hero 6.

@peaseblossom55 I hope you're able to relax and enjoy your days off this week!

@LaPeanut1018 OMG poor Cinders! I'm so glad those dogs weren't there this time. 

@peekaboo2011 CONGRATS! That's amazing! I'm so glad you were able to beat your goal and that your shins didn't hurt. 

@Ollie08 That's the wedding of my nightmares! Wow. And Little O is the cutest thing ever!

• @GoldenPenguin - YAY! I'm so glad you're in the house and that everyone is adjusting. How awesome! I hope Violet gets the hang of the invisible fence soon.

• @Ollie08 -I think it would be a dream come true if I had a child that chose to do cheerleading. I would probably be the most annoying parent in the world but I would be reliving my glory days lol.
  • My weekend was a lot of fun!  I had a bottle of wine and watched Pitch Perfect on Friday night.  Saturday I got up early to go meet my parents to meet with 2 florists which went very well.  then I came back to the city and my FI and his kids picked me up and we had dinner with his parents and his brother, sis in law and niece who are in town for the holiday!  Sunday woke up to my future step daughter climbing into bed to snuggle with me and had some friends and family over to hang out/went to the playground.  Then last night after we dropped off the kids, we continued on in our culinary adventure (we are alphabetically trying different types of cuisines, last night was Ethiopian.)

• @southernpeach89 - RIGHT?! I'm secretly WAY more excited than I am showing her. I really really think she would be great at it. And with her petite size and flexibility, she would make an amazing flyer. I really really really hope she likes it.

@eilis1228 - Ugh, it was a total nightmare. I felt terrible. But there's nothing I could do. And thanks! Although I think I'm biased :-)

• @GoldenPenguin YAYYY! NEW HOUSE! Moving is the worst but you are in the house now and everything will start to come together!!!

@Ollie08 Hopefully good? I'm using the Costco Photocenter to put them together...I'm liking the options and it's only going to be about $50 per book for leatherbound and like 100 plus pages or something apiece. I'm worried though because the pictures look kind of pixelated on some pages even though I directly uploaded the full size file from my computer (like all of our photos are between 10 and 16 megs in size) so I feel like they should look super clear even if I blow them up (the book is 12 x 12 inches in size). I'm hoping it's just their site is compressing them in the editing view but I'm kind of concerned.

• My weekend was fun!  Our friend Jay came to visit this weekend and stayed with us.  We all went to the Notre Dame game on Saturday and tailgated.  The boys got drunk, so I drove home.  It was a fun time though.  Yesterday, we went out for brunch and then DH and I napped and snuggled.

It was a fantastic weekend!
  • @LaPeanut1018 - Yeah, it's probably their preview mode. Most of the other online photobooks will let you know if your image is too low of a quality. But if they put the full-res photos in there, it would really slow down the process. You'll have to let me know what you think of their quality when they come! I'm always looking for photobook resources.

• @swazzle, siphoning optimism.

@dignity100, that soup sounds awesome. Like hit-the-spot awesome.

@cocobellaf, good luck at the Turkey Trot!

@peekaboo2011, good job!!

@goldenpenguin, exciting to be in the house! I guarantee you will be settled in before FI and I are ... we still have boxes we haven't opened, and we still need furniture, and we are sad people I tell you. You are so much more organized.
    ---
    Friday night was FI's office party. They brought in Dueling Pianos for the entertainment. They were awesome, but I'm slightly bummed for two reasons: 1.) they'll never get them back again (one too many jabs at the dean perhaps) and 2.) they're booked the day of our wedding, which is probably ok because my dad would hate them. Audience participation and all that.

Saturday was for gaming. I got a commission from a friend of mine for a Fair Isle hat and scarf and coordinating mittens for a Christmas delivery on Friday. Grrrrrr. So I knitted the hat on Saturday (my knitting rate surprised even me) and started the scarf. I don't know what I'm going to do about the mittens. The last pair I made was for myself, on US 2.5's, and fit perfectly, but I sacrificed those needles to another project (non-colorfast yarn). I figured I could go on US 2's, which are 0.25 mm smaller. But I can't get my hand into the cuff, so no other woman will be able to. GRRRRR. 

Yesterday was my brother's girlfriend's senior recital. She played really well, and her mom is a fantastic baker so we got great treats at the reception. Then we watched football for the rest of the day, which is good because we got freezing rain and there was a clear tenth of an inch of ice on the car this morning. Gross gross gross.
  • @goldenpenguin yay for moving and that the animals adjusted pretty quickly!  

@lapeanut1018 oh no, poor Cinders!!! I hate dog parks just because you never know how other people's dogs will behave.  

@dignity100 the autumn soup from panera is my favorite! I love that all the grocery stores are selling Panera soup because I definitely had the autumn soup for lunch all of last week :)

@swazzle I am completely focusing on only having to work 3 days and then I can eat all the food.

@ollie08 Little O is so cute, and I love her little outfit! 

So Friday was my best friend's birthday, and I brought the boozy cupcakes... well the cupcakes went over really well, but the birthday girl didn't get to try them because she announced she was pregnant.  I felt so bad that she couldn't eat her birthday cake, but yay for babies!

Saturday after bf got off work we went to his friend's house to hang out.  I ended up bringing the rest of the cupcakes and made all the guys eat them. 

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom, she is finally off bed rest and we needed to get my youngest sister a birthday present.  We ended up getting a lot of Christmas shopping done along with my sister's birthday.  Then we went to this gourmet popcorn place and sampled a bunch of flavors of popcorn.  I ended up buying a bag of loaded baked potato popcorn.

• Saturday, my friend came over and we hung out and watched TV while J was at his brother's place. Then we had dinner with J's family and watched a movie.

Yesterday, I had to get a bunch of work done, and J worked on his novel. We grabbed dinner at our favorite pub and ate WAY too much. It was pretty low-key.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Hello ladies!

Finally back at work, and man am I behind. Kind of makes me just not want to do anything, but instead I'm doing one task at a time, with a little procrastinating between each thing. It's how I used to do things in college. Seems to work here as well. If I face one huge task, I'm less likely to convince myself to start it.

I went for my first run in a week and a half. Managed to make it through 4.5 miles. I felt like crap at the end, but the running part itself wasn't difficult, which makes me happy. It was probably good healing time for my muscles.

My doggy had two play dates on Saturday, which was good because BF had to work, and then immediately left for a guys-only kegger with his family. It was supposed to just be a party, but his brother that I don't like apparently didn't want to have to try and have fun with his girlfriend around. So I stayed home and cross stitched like a fiend. I am also now almost done with my 4th season of Criminal Minds, which I only started a month or so ago. I'm realizing I like the premise of that show, but there isn't a single character that I truly root for. Not like SVU or CSI.

Sunday, BF didn't get home until dinner time, so I got tons more stocking done. I think I can finally admit I am over halfway done. :D

• @TwoDimes - No news. We're thinking about walking away actually. We've been browsing online and are hoping to see some houses soon. 

• Work has been busy - so sorry I haven't had time today for anything but reading your posts!!

I forgot the most exciting part of my weekend:  I found a snake in my basement!  It was just a small garter snake, I think my cat 'played' with it because it was pretty lethargic when H threw it back outside.
    (**No houses were harmed because of the snake in my basement)

Anniversary
  • @swazzle, sucky. I can't blame you for wanting to walk. I hope that if/when there is a next place it is even better!
  • @peekaboo2011-congrats!!! That's my hometown half, and it's not an easy one!

@swazzle, that's sucky, I think I'd be thinking about walking away too

Saturday morning my 5K class ran their graduation race, and they all did great! I was going to go to a celebration brunch with them, but both of my staff called out, so I had to go to work and worked all day Saturday. Then BF and I went out for a nice dinner, and he gave me an early Christmas present, since we had to look at our schedules. We're going to NYC to see the Lion King!! I've never been before, and I'm super excited.

Sunday was a lazy day, since I seem to be fighting a cold, and I always do better when I sleep it off, so Sunday was cheesy Christmas movies and naps.
  • Oh man @Swazzle‌! What suckage!!! I hope it just means there is a way better house totally tricked out for the cats!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @GoldenPenguin‌ wooooooo!!!!! New house!!!!!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards