Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid Drama and Not Sure What to Do!

2»

Re: Bridesmaid Drama and Not Sure What to Do!

• Alright, so you're right. I am being a massive bridezilla and a pain the rear end and just plain immature. I agree and I have no problem admitting that. My two bridesmaids have done nothing but plan this surprise and I'm so excited to see what they have in store. I'm looking forward to buying my bridesmaids flowers as a thank you and an apology for being a bridezilla. For the record, in the UK it's the 'done thing' for a weekend hen-do. And I'm not looking to 'go out on a 2 day bender with guys and shots'. I'm looking forward to a quiet night out in our small town and whatever 'lame' girly/movie/sleepover combo ensues after that.

I came on this forum for friendly advice - not to be bullied, feel belittled, and be brought to tears. I think at some point, whether we're a soon-to-be bride, future, or past bride.. we've all or will have a bridezilla moment. No matter how big or silly the issue. Thankfully, this is the first and hopefully only one I have. But there's no need to handle other bride's 'freakout moments' in some ways I have read.

I wish you girls nothing but the best in your wedding planning/marriage. Thank you for your advice.

Xx

As a Brit I can tell you that it is NOT the norm to have a weekend long hen do/bachelorette. This whole weekend party thing is relatively new in the last 10yrs with the whole cheap flights thing. Maybe in the US that's how you do it, but in the uk, it costs significantly more to have a weekend thing, whereas in the US you can just drive to another state. You asked a question, didn't like the answer you got and so now a&e saying you're being bullied!? I think you need to look up the definition of the word. You lady, are clueless and a brat. We don't always get what we want. It's called compromise. And you better learn that before your wedding!
    I don't understand this logic.  Do you have any idea how big the US is?  Why would it be any cheaper for us to drive to another state than for you to drive to another part of the UK?

• Alright, so you're right. I am being a massive bridezilla and a pain the rear end and just plain immature. I agree and I have no problem admitting that. My two bridesmaids have done nothing but plan this surprise and I'm so excited to see what they have in store. I'm looking forward to buying my bridesmaids flowers as a thank you and an apology for being a bridezilla. For the record, in the UK it's the 'done thing' for a weekend hen-do. And I'm not looking to 'go out on a 2 day bender with guys and shots'. I'm looking forward to a quiet night out in our small town and whatever 'lame' girly/movie/sleepover combo ensues after that.

I came on this forum for friendly advice - not to be bullied, feel belittled, and be brought to tears. I think at some point, whether we're a soon-to-be bride, future, or past bride.. we've all or will have a bridezilla moment. No matter how big or silly the issue. Thankfully, this is the first and hopefully only one I have. But there's no need to handle other bride's 'freakout moments' in some ways I have read.

I wish you girls nothing but the best in your wedding planning/marriage. Thank you for your advice.

Xx

As a Brit I can tell you that it is NOT the norm to have a weekend long hen do/bachelorette. This whole weekend party thing is relatively new in the last 10yrs with the whole cheap flights thing. Maybe in the US that's how you do it, but in the uk, it costs significantly more to have a weekend thing, whereas in the US you can just drive to another state. You asked a question, didn't like the answer you got and so now a&e saying you're being bullied!? I think you need to look up the definition of the word. You lady, are clueless and a brat. We don't always get what we want. It's called compromise. And you better learn that before your wedding!
    LOL! The OP said she is originally from Texas. TEXAS. Do you have any idea how big Texas is? Any clue at all? Click HERE to see how ridiculous that statement is.
  • As a bride that might not even be having any prewedding events, just be grateful that they are doing that much for you. Bachelorette parties aren't cheap, and if you're not contributing anything, then frankly, you don't have a say.
  • Viczaesar said:
    Alright, so you're right. I am being a massive bridezilla and a pain the rear end and just plain immature. I agree and I have no problem admitting that. My two bridesmaids have done nothing but plan this surprise and I'm so excited to see what they have in store. I'm looking forward to buying my bridesmaids flowers as a thank you and an apology for being a bridezilla. For the record, in the UK it's the 'done thing' for a weekend hen-do. And I'm not looking to 'go out on a 2 day bender with guys and shots'. I'm looking forward to a quiet night out in our small town and whatever 'lame' girly/movie/sleepover combo ensues after that.

Xx

I don't understand this logic.  Do you have any idea how big the US is?  Why would it be any cheaper for us to drive to another state than for you to drive to another part of the UK?
    I know this is a bumped thread, but to add on to Ziti's and my posts, my state is larger than your entire Island.  Almost double the size, actually - the UK (including N. Ireland) is 242,900 km in area, and California is 423,970 km in area.  Tell me again how it's so much easier and cheaper for people in America to drive to another state for a "weekend thing" @nursesophie89?

• Viczaesar said:
    Viczaesar said:
    Alright, so you're right. I am being a massive bridezilla and a pain the rear end and just plain immature. I agree and I have no problem admitting that. My two bridesmaids have done nothing but plan this surprise and I'm so excited to see what they have in store. I'm looking forward to buying my bridesmaids flowers as a thank you and an apology for being a bridezilla. For the record, in the UK it's the 'done thing' for a weekend hen-do. And I'm not looking to 'go out on a 2 day bender with guys and shots'. I'm looking forward to a quiet night out in our small town and whatever 'lame' girly/movie/sleepover combo ensues after that.

Xx

I know this is a bumped thread, but to add on to Ziti's and my posts, my state is larger than your entire Island.  Almost double the size, actually - the UK (including N. Ireland) is 242,900 km in area, and California is 423,970 km in area.  Tell me again how it's so much easier and cheaper for people in America to drive to another state for a "weekend thing" @nursesophie89?
    I'm on board with the ridiculous statement of "just drive to another state," although it can be cheaper to plan a weekend in Vegas from Southern California than to go to San Diego for the weekend (same distance, but hotels in the Gaslamp district of San Diego can be hella expensive, whereas I can find a hotel in Vegas for $80).  But....I lived in London for a bit too, and it was way more expensive to travel within England itself than it is in the US.  It was cheaper for me to fly to freaking Ireland for a weekend than to go to the Lake District.  Although, I can't imagine a B-party at the Lake District.  But, driving from California to Texas because it's magically "cheaper?"  Not quite...

• ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014

levioosa said:
    Viczaesar said:
    Viczaesar said:

Xx

I'm on board with the ridiculous statement of "just drive to another state," although it can be cheaper to plan a weekend in Vegas from Southern California than to go to San Diego for the weekend (same distance, but hotels in the Gaslamp district of San Diego can be hella expensive, whereas I can find a hotel in Vegas for $80).  But....I lived in London for a bit too, and it was way more expensive to travel within England itself than it is in the US.  It was cheaper for me to fly to freaking Ireland for a weekend than to go to the Lake District.  Although, I can't imagine a B-party at the Lake District.  But, driving from California to Texas because it's magically "cheaper?"  Not quite...
    I actually lived in London for a year as well and with the train system I didn't find that to be true at all.  I also just drove home in SoCal from North County San Diego (got in less than half an hour ago) and it took 3 hours, which is significantly less time than it takes me to get to Las Vegas.  And, strangely, I'm driving down to downtown SD next week and staying at a hotel in the Gaslamp District for a conference.  Parallel lives.  :)

• Sorry all. I clearly have zero clue of size of the us. Lol. British person fail!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Why when people dont get the answer they want they say they are being bullied? Some people yes may be more blunt but thats the world. It's a online forum that you stated a very immature problem on that you admit to.. and yet shocked when people call you out on it.. SMH.
  • Wow some of these responses are rather harsh. While I don't think you should be to upset I'm not going to sit hear and rip you apart. My bridesmaids asked for my input when planning my bachelorette party and for that I was grateful. It's understandable you may be upset you have a lot on your plate, moving to a new place, missing your friends and family during an already stressful time, ect.
    You should just enjoy wag was planned (weekend bachelorette parties are pretty common in my circle as well) but you trying to force more won't make it happen and may make your ladies resentful. if you want a second day of activities plan a day of relaxation for yourself.

Try to enjoy what is given to you because some brides don't have that luxury.

Keep you head up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards