Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

DIY Invitations – seeking opinions!!

2»

Re: DIY Invitations – seeking opinions!!

• Options
    Every wedding I have been to has had a gap... but I guess I only have "rude" friends. Never thought of it as a problem (even when I traveled from out-of-town to attend) but clearly I am in the minority of people having no problem occupying myself for an hour or two...
  • Options

HReis13 said:
    Every wedding I have been to has had a gap... but I guess I only have "rude" friends. Never thought of it as a problem (even when I traveled from out-of-town to attend) but clearly I am in the minority of people having no problem occupying myself for an hour or two...
    The point people are trying to make is that if you have been invited to a party, you shouldn't have to occupy yourself for any length of time. The host should have planned the event in such a way that THEY keep you occupied for the entire duration. That's why gaps are considered rude.
  • Options
    HReis13 said:

Again... Common =\= OK.

Most people do the gap because pictures. Or because church would only do 1pm ceremony but omg I still want an evening reception!! Neither of those are good reasons to make guests sit around so you (general you) can have your cake and eat it too.

Its not about whether guests are resourceful or creative or boring enough to fill a couple hours. It's about whether the hosts are polite enough to make sure it doesn't happen.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @LondonLisa‌ hit the rude nail on the head.

It's not acceptable to have a gap for ANY other kind of social gathering, why would it be okay to do so for your wedding?

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    An aside on the RSVP cards:  is it rude or tacky to not include RSVP cards, and ask that your guests all RSVP online? 

I'm curious as I'm disagreeing with a friend on this. She is planning on ordering high quality invitations but will save money by not doing RSVP cards and therefore not having to buy return stamps. Her guest list is about 150 people so as with any group some will be content to do this and some will not be as tech savvy. It's certainly "greener" to do an online RSVP but if you're already sending paper invites I kind of don't get it, but I don't know if I'm overreacting. 
  • Options
    RSVP cards are never required.  A telephone number should be included as an alternative.   People should write their own RSVP notes, but, sigh, today's young ladies don't seem to know how to do that.
    Pre-printed RSVP cards were considered rude until the 1970's.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    RSVP cards are never required.  A telephone number should be included as an alternative.   People should write their own RSVP notes, but, sigh, today's young ladies don't seem to know how to do that.
    Excellent and informative background. Honestly having a telephone conversation with a guest (perhaps one I've not met if they're one on FI's list) and trying to remember who they are and how many folks are attending with them sounds like a mini-nightmare to me but goes to show you etiquette and convenience are markedly different things. 
  • Options
    RSVP cards are rarely included in UK weddings. The bottom right corner has an address to RSVP and one writes a response on their own stationery.
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    Why would it be the job of the young ladies, rather than the young gentlemen?  Or the old ladies?  Or the old gentlemen?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards