Options

Evening

191011121315»

Re: Evening

• Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:dfc16075-edc8-43af-8f9e-c2f53969f753">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu - <strong>as a plus sized gal I always kind of assume that non plus sized women don't have body issues - and am suprised when they say that they do.</strong> I know it's crazy of me, but when someone DOES come out with a body issue I am always supportive. Because you know, that's what you should do when someone talks about their insecurities.  Angel - it's probably me just being immature when I see her name shortened by TK. I'm not saying anything bad about her, just that it makes me giggle. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

It's basically like, someone is always going to have a smaller waist or thinner thighs or bigger boobs than you.. there's always something to compare yourself to and feel like you don't measure up. There are plenty of girls who don't do that, and that's great, but I guess the thing is, you can always be thinner or more toned or more whatever. Example.. my sister lost a bunch of weight. She actually looks terrible, I wouldn't want to look like her. However, whenever I'm standing next to her, I feel like a whale.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:47860cc8-ee02-480c-b1f4-3e0f23ec9abd">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : It's basically like, someone is always going to have a smaller waist or thinner thighs or bigger boobs than you.. there's always something to compare yourself to and feel like you don't measure up. There are plenty of girls who don't do that, and that's great, but I guess the thing is, you can always be thinner or more toned or more whatever. Example.. my sister lost a bunch of weight. She actually looks terrible, I wouldn't want to look like her. However, whenever I'm standing next to her, I feel like a whale.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I mean, logically I know that EVERYONE has body issues. And I don't think badly of "thin" girls that have them or anything. I guess it just sticks in my mind that I'm overweight and they're not so they're automatically prettier than me. And I also wouldn't want to look "unhealthy thin". Is this the youngest sister?</div>
  • Options
    Yeah, I know it seems more taboo for people who aren't plus sized to have body issues. I mean, aside from people with eating disorders who most people will recognize as having a serious problem. Honestly I am extremely unhappy with my body right now but I would never say that I'm fat or anything. I'm at my most unshapely, I guess, that I have ever been. I am so used to being very toned and muscular. I have genes that I got from my dad where I have very high metabolism which I think is the only reason that I stay within 24 lbs of the same weight. Because I've always been thin/normal, it is a lot easier to notice when my body gets "softer", KWIM? It sucks and i need to motivate myself more.
  • Options
    And tk mobile got rid of the dash between 2 and 4 lol. I meant between 2 and 4 lbs not 24 lbs!
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Poke, nope, it's the middle sister.

And MuSu, I'm right there with ya. I can tell I've gained some weight and I lost some of the muscle tone I had because i haven't been working out. The part that sucks for me is that I have the motivation, but my injured shoulder keeps me from being able to do the things I like to do. FI of course says I look as amazing as ever and he doesn't see any weight gain, and maybe he doesn't. It's only 5 lbs and I'm still the same size.. but some of my stuff is tight. I'm more concerned with toning up than losing weight.

ETA - Haha, I thought that might be a typo, I was like, hmm, 24 lbs is a pretty major fluctuation...
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I totally get that Musu - and TBH I always feel like a total bitch for admitting that I'm shocked to hear about other peoples body issues.

I kind of wish that women would stop judging eachother and support eachother instead. Like I said before, I'm sure there are very very few women without those kinds of body issues. So why do we make it worse for eachother?

/end puppies and rainbows moment
  • Options
    All right ladies, I think staring at this computer screen is making my headache worse and I really need to get to bed anyway, so I'm out. Night!
  • Options
    Angel - I think men legitimately don't notice that kind of thing. When it comes to five pounds here or there, I think it's only the person that gained it that even notices. I totally feel you on the injured shoulder thing though. I have kind of gone off my diet this week and I feel like I've gained all 20ish pounds back. I know I haven't, but it's totally freaking me out. What I really need is motivation to exercise. Which I don't have haha.
  • Options
    Yeah it is more of a toning issue for me too, angel. J and I did P90x together last summer and it was awesome. Tons of hard work but it did pay off. Then school started and it all went to crap. I might pop in some p90x when finals are over, just so tony Horton can kick my ass 8 times over. Lol.
  • Options
    Goodnight Angel. I'm probably going to go soon as well.
  • Options
    Good night angel! I should get to bed too. Good night poke and anyone lurking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards