Chit Chat

What did you accomplish today, big or small?

I just put the finishing touches on the introduction to my dissertation! The intro that I was supposed to finish back in March before a shitstorm of medical issues got in the way. Granted, I will have to revise it once my adviser reads it, plus revise my other chapters with the comments my committee members have given me (comments like "Your real thesis statement is on page 27, so rewrite everything to make page 27 page 2")...but nevertheless, I am proud because there were times this summer when seemed like I'd never be able to get back on a normal writing schedule and make any more progress at all. This means that I can finally frickin' graduate in May!

What did you accomplish today, at work or at home? Did you make an awesome cup of coffee? Put food in the Crock pot? Finish a project? Tell an annoying co-worker to STFU? What are you proud of for today, big or small?

Re: What did you accomplish today, big or small?

• kat1114 said:
    Well, you're ahead of me because I didn't even get to the shoes part and it's nearly 3 in the afternoon! Just coffee. And the Keurig, pretty much the laziest form.
  • I opened some mail and threw it away immediately instead of leaving it on the coffee table. Then I went back to the sofa.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I got a lot of work done.  Pretty surprising since DH is home.  He broke his brand new ski on Saturday so he can't ski until it's fixed (hopefully on Wed).

I bought another gift for DH.   He is pretty much getting a bunch of  little stuff this year.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I removed my no chip manicure. Thats all I have.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I ate a metric fuckton of cookies. That counts, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AddieCake said:
    I opened some mail and threw it away immediately instead of leaving it on the coffee table. Then I went back to the sofa.

SIB, but way to go! I'm still trying to get DH to sort through the junk mail immediately. 
  • blabla89 said:
    I ate a metric fuckton of cookies. That counts, right?
    Is the sky blue? I just made a whole separate Pintrest board for Desserts and shit's about to get real this weekend.
  • I bought "thank you" cards and finished half of them.

• KatWAG said:
    I removed my no chip manicure. Thats all I have.
    I've still got residue from the gel manicure I had for my October wedding...
  • I took out the trash, have loads of laundry in the washer and dryer, did a quick clean of the bathroom, bagged up 4 trash bags of clothes to take to goodwill that have been on the guest bed for 2 weeks, got together an ikea bag of returns for Old Navy, purged my expired coupons, cleaned off the dining room table to have my grandparents over for coffee, and ran the dishwasher (GAH to unloading it though!!).  Oh, and I found the dog's ball that has been missing for 2 days which involved a lot of crawling under the bed.

Not much actual work going on so far today!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• This is something I will accomplish. I'm going kickboxing after work after a 4 day hiatus from working out. Yay.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Aray82 said:
    KatWAG said:
    I removed my no chip manicure. Thats all I have.
    I've still got residue from the gel manicure I had for my October wedding...

I peeled mine off, instead of soaking the polish off. So now my desk is covered with little pieces of red polish. Its gross. I am gross because I havent clean it up yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ran to the bank and deposited a check and H's holiday bonus. I also drew up a testing process flow diagram for work.
  • I wrote many Yelp reviews, finished eating the leftover chips from Moe's last night, called Goodwill to schedule a furniture donation pickup even though the lady wasn't there and probably won't call me back, so I'll have to do it again. I also researched where to park for my job interview tomorrow and studied the train schedule to see if it would be more intelligent to take the train from my new apartment (probably not this time, but it'll be great for when we're going downtown on an ordinary day or for events). Also also I remembered to make decaf after lunch instead of regular so I'm not jazzed as fuck all night when I need to go to sleep early. 

Now I'm going to my work event at which there is an open bar and awesome apps for two straight hours, so I'm going to get real close and personal with a dirty martini and some bacon-wrapped scallops ASAP. I will consider it an accomplishment if I can still walk when I leave. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I got a lot of work done.  Pretty surprising since DH is home.  He broke his brand new ski on Saturday so he can't ski until it's fixed (hopefully on Wed).

I bought another gift for DH.   He is pretty much getting a bunch of  little stuff this year.  

Yeah! My gift for DH arrived from Amazon today and is sitting in the closet waiting to be wrapped when he's at band rehearsal. 

We live just three hours from the Colorado border and I really wish I'd learned to ski when growing up in New England. Since I waited until I was 30 to try and learn, all I got was this "ohshitohshitohshitimightdie" feeling. And the fact that the lift doesn't quite stop as you're jumping off it was...a surprise, to say the least.
  • I finished uploading documents to our new website! Yay, because that was sooo boring, and now I don't have to spend another day doing it.

Congrats on the dissertation progess. Every bit counts!

• esstee33 said:
    I wrote many Yelp reviews, finished eating the leftover chips from Moe's last night, called Goodwill to schedule a furniture donation pickup even though the lady wasn't there and probably won't call me back, so I'll have to do it again. I also researched where to park for my job interview tomorrow and studied the train schedule to see if it would be more intelligent to take the train from my new apartment (probably not this time, but it'll be great for when we're going downtown on an ordinary day or for events). Also also I remembered to make decaf after lunch instead of regular so I'm not jazzed as fuck all night when I need to go to sleep early. 

Now I'm going to my work event at which there is an open bar and awesome apps for two straight hours, so I'm going to get real close and personal with a dirty martini and some bacon-wrapped scallops ASAP. I will consider it an accomplishment if I can still walk when I leave. 
    Wow, you did ALL THE THINGS! And I'm jealous of your work party. I wish more places actually made decaf in the afternoons. Our local coffee place doesn't because they say no one orders it--really?
  • I decorated my boss's office for Christmas?

I ordered another wedding band that I will probably hate again because I'm the pickiest brat on Earth.

And I did the right thing with FI's stepmom and made sure she knows that we love her and want to make sure she's taken care of (FFIL is on a business trip this week and she's home sick so I'm making sure she's set up with food, pharmacy stuff, and entertainment while she's home alone and flu-y.)

We're going to buy skis tonight too, the ones FI tried out this weekend that the ski shop owner let him borrow. He's only got powder skis right now so he needs a pair that don't suck for carving. So that'll be something we were putting off too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I caught up most of the dishes from last week, made dinner, and baked a cake. :) All which is awesome since I messed up my arm and it hurts like hell to do anything.
  • I finished our hideous backload of laundry, inventoried the status of my Christmas shopping (not so good), and am now ready to get started on a fabulous dinner that my boys are dreading- my beloved Manhattan clam chowder.

And, most importantly of all, I figured something crucial out about my work project that we've all been noodling over for a month. I'm having a "damn am I smart" moment.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Finished my Christmas shopping on my lunch break! 

Technically I was done 2 weeks ago but FI has been going on and on about this book that he really wants but doesn't want to buy it until after Christmas 'Just in case someone bought it for him'

Usually I don't give in to his very very obvious hints, but I had managed to save a bunch on what I bought him and the book made up the difference in budget so I just decided to spoil him this year.

Its his friggen little boy grin and sad eyes. There is no saying no to that man.
  • I woke up and got out of bed. Against my wishes, too!

I feel so sick, I'm at work and wearing a mask because who knows if I've gotten the flu from ALL the flu patients in the hospital.. Flu patients are everywhere here.

A patient's family member bought me a caramel macchiato to help me feel better and make it through the day. That made me feel a little better :)

I've made patients smile, feel relieved, and feel more knowledgeable and less anxious about tests. Helped patients eat, breathe, go to the bathroom, walk without difficulty breathing. Cried over a cancer diagnosis with a patient, celebrated walking a short distance with another. Just another day at work.

image   image   image

• I started signing/addressing Christmas cards because it's slow at work today.

• I'm dealing with work-related depression these days, so I'm just proud of myself for 1) folding and putting away the laundry and 2) doing all the dishes.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    I'm dealing with work-related depression these days, so I'm just proud of myself for 1) folding and putting away the laundry and 2) doing all the dishes.
    You're more productive than I've ever been during past depressive episodes.

• phira said:
    I'm dealing with work-related depression these days, so I'm just proud of myself for 1) folding and putting away the laundry and 2) doing all the dishes.

Congrats! And here's a panda hug gif.

• hhahahahahahahaha

this is what i did

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards