Chit Chat

Calling after 9PM, rude or not?

13»

Re: Calling after 9PM, rude or not?

• Meh. I guess I'm rude, because I call people whenever the fuck I want. I mean, If they are busy, sleeping etc., they can just not answer.
    It's only rude if you know they are sleeping and you are calling them for something that can wait until the next day.

I mean when someone is calling you they generally don't know what you are doing and are certainly not calling you to be irritating or rude.  So to be irritated by a phone call is kind of silly.
    Yes, this is exactly my opinion on the matter.
  • I'm not saying that I get irritated when someone calls me, but I think it is a fair assumption that people go to sleep after 9pm. I wouldn't want to risk waking someone up because my phone call couldn't wait until the next day. Obviously if there is an emergency, that is a different story.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Meh. I guess I'm rude, because I call people whenever the fuck I want. I mean, If they are busy, sleeping etc., they can just not answer.
    It's only rude if you know they are sleeping and you are calling them for something that can wait until the next day.

I mean when someone is calling you they generally don't know what you are doing and are certainly not calling you to be irritating or rude.  So to be irritated by a phone call is kind of silly.
    exactly.

I will call my DH and he will be all like "IM IN A MEETING!".  Well how the fuck would I know that?  Just don't answer and I will leave a message.  Geez.

And my alarm works with the ringer is off.  I guess they have some sort of override that allows alarms to ring even if the ringer is off.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Meh. I guess I'm rude, because I call people whenever the fuck I want. I mean, If they are busy, sleeping etc., they can just not answer.

exactly.

I will call my DH and he will be all like "IM IN A MEETING!".  Well how the fuck would I know that?  Just don't answer and I will leave a message.  Geez.

And my alarm works with the ringer is off.  I guess they have some sort of override that allows alarms to ring even if the ringer is off.
    Tell me more!!!
  • I'm not saying that I get irritated when someone calls me, but I think it is a fair assumption that people go to sleep after 9pm. I wouldn't want to risk waking someone up because my phone call couldn't wait until the next day. Obviously if there is an emergency, that is a different story.
    This is a good point as well.  I think it is a combination of the caller thinking about what time it is prior to calling and the person receiving the call to realize that the person who called isn't trying to be irritating.

• lyndausvi said:
    Meh. I guess I'm rude, because I call people whenever the fuck I want. I mean, If they are busy, sleeping etc., they can just not answer.

exactly.

Tell me more!!!
    Not much to tell.   I have a Galaxy 5Active.  One  day I noticed my alarm went off even though the ringer was on silent.     I just tested it again. Turned the ringer off and set the alarm for 1 minute later.  Alarm went off with sound.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

exactly.

Tell me more!!!
    Not much to tell.   I have a Galaxy 5Active.  One  day I noticed my alarm went off even though the ringer was on silent.     I just tested it again. Turned the ringer off and set the alarm for 1 minute later.  Alarm went off with sound.
    Yeah, my alarm always goes off when I have my phone on silent or vibrate. I have never had a phone that didn't...
  • lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

exactly.

Tell me more!!!
    Yeah, my alarm always goes off when I have my phone on silent or vibrate. I have never had a phone that didn't...
    I never have a phone that did so this is news to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards