Wedding Party

Bridal party invites

2»

Re: Bridal party invites

• Because I can't edit at work... I just also wanted to add that if you are on a strict budget, and don't want to invite 300 people that's fine, come up with a number that you are comfortable inviting and stick to that.  But just keep in mind that you need to leave some wiggle room for SO.  I know it's difficult to try and plan that, and I think you have the right idea, you just may want to rethink this part: The only people who are being invited with "guests" are people that we know have been dating for a significant amount of time/engaged/married etc
  • And if you continues reading past that you would see that we aren't inviting them with guests --they are coming as couples. Honestly, if I had been dating someone for a month and they had been invited to a wedding before we even met I would not be angry if they were not able to accommodate me. We have a budget and strict number of guests we were sticking with, and we have already surpassed it in great deal. I am cutting out people I truly want by me on my wedding day, so that family members and friends who are in relationships can come with their SO. So I am not willing to cut out more people just in case so and so meets someone a month before my wedding. And if that does happen, and someone calls us up and asks if they can bring a guest, and we have the space then by all means I will do everything I can to make it work.

• And if you continues reading past that you would see that we aren't inviting them with guests --they are coming as couples. Honestly, if I had been dating someone for a month and they had been invited to a wedding before we even met I would not be angry if they were not able to accommodate me. We have a budget and strict number of guests we were sticking with, and we have already surpassed it in great deal. I am cutting out people I truly want by me on my wedding day, so that family members and friends who are in relationships can come with their SO. So I am not willing to cut out more people just in case so and so meets someone a month before my wedding. And if that does happen, and someone calls us up and asks if they can bring a guest, and we have the space then by all means I will do everything I can to make it work.

My mistake. You meant plus ones. Sorry! Could only go by what was written.  That makes more sense now.
  • Honey this is your day... I am not including +1 on my invites either unless your married.. If you cant file taxes with them they are not your plus one.

Actually, that's true! They wouldn't be plus ones. They would be invited as part of the couple with their own name on the invitation. Plus ones are for truly, actually single people who are not dating anyone at all. 

That said, this is still fucking terrible and you're going to seriously offend many of your "friends" that you apparently don't care about at all. Congratulations! I guess, in the long run, you're going to save tons of money with all the declines that's going to net you. And I'd be seriously reconsidering a friendship with someone so selfish and disrespectful of my relationship, so you'll probably save money on future parties when you have fewer friends to worry about. Wooo! Everyone wins!

@sames52915 You keep saying you have a budget like it actually means something.

Everyone has a budget. Whether you have $500 to spend or $50,000 to spend, everyone has some kind of budget to be resceptful of. It does not give you cause to be rude to your guests, which is what you are doing.

If someone considers themselve in a relationship, their SO needs It is not your place to judge the length of time, seriousness, etc.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • plainjane0415plainjane0415 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    KatWAG said:
    And if you continues reading past that you would see that we aren't inviting them with guests --they are coming as couples. Honestly, if I had been dating someone for a month and they had been invited to a wedding before we even met I would not be angry if they were not able to accommodate me. We have a budget and strict number of guests we were sticking with, and we have already surpassed it in great deal. I am cutting out people I truly want by me on my wedding day, so that family members and friends who are in relationships can come with their SO. So I am not willing to cut out more people just in case so and so meets someone a month before my wedding. And if that does happen, and someone calls us up and asks if they can bring a guest, and we have the space then by all means I will do everything I can to make it work.

@sames52915 You keep saying you have a budget like it actually means something.

Everyone has a budget. Whether you have $500 to spend or $50,000 to spend, everyone has some kind of budget to be resceptful of. It does not give you cause to be rude to your guests, which is what you are doing.

If someone considers themselve in a relationship, their SO needs It is not your place to judge the length of time, seriousness, etc.

Yea, I agree with @KatWAG.  Budget really shouldn't be an issue in regards to inviting SO.  @sames52915 is saying that she IS going to invite SO and will assess plus ones once it gets closer to her wedding.  I personally would just suck it up and account for inviting plus ones initially, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the guest list a week before the wedding, but again that's just me. 

And correct me if I'm wrong, and I very well could be, but inviting a couple is different than inviting a friend and "guest" right?  Like I said, me personally, I would extend plus one invites if it were me, but I just wasn't sure what the exact etiquette was on plus ones.

ETA: Words

You said:

We are getting married 5/29/15 so what we agreed on is any couples that have been together since this yr are obviously invited together. If any of our guests start relationships after we send out invitations and request to bring their SO we will deal with it at the time, and do our best to accomodate them

You are getting married basically halfway through 2015 and you're only planning on inviting people who started dating in 2014 or sooner.  Invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before your wedding, so 4-4.5 months into 2015.  So what about people who get into relationships between Jan 1, 2015 and the beginning of April 2015?  They also need to be invited together, as Significant Others, not Plus Ones.  Relationships that start after you send invitations do not have to be accommodated, though it's nice, but relationships that start in 2015 prior to your invitations going out (assuming that you're sending invitations at an appropriate date like the beginning of April) are just as valid as those that started in 2014 and earlier and need to be acknowledged.

• I'm continually amazed by the arbitrary line in the sand some people draw in order to justify not inviting SOs. Like "No, sorry, John, but you've only been dating Jennifer for 37 days, and we're only inviting couples together if they've been dating 53 days or longer."
  • my cousin wasnt invited another cousins wedding because of who she was with.
    if they are with someone at them time of invites then get a plus one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards