Chit Chat
Options

See you NEVER!

Re: See you NEVER!

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    ......That was not the fun troll thread I was expecting. Blarf.

@mrsdee15 All the hugs.
    Yes, it was ugly and bad. @mrsdee15 I hope you are feeling better today.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    blabla89 said:
    beethery said:
    To clarify, when not wanting to stir shit as a person who works on a bar staff, she could've phrased her statement like: 

"Everyone should be careful with their drinks in the future. I see people leave drinks unattended all the time and I wish they wouldn't, since there is only so much vigilance I can have while I'm working. Hope it was just an abnormal reaction to something and you didn't get drugged." 

Instead, she went on some wild shit about how you'll be called a victim for getting roofied when you're not a victim if you looked away from your drink at any point. Then went on and on and on about it. She'd made statements that domestic violence victims were largely complicit in their own abuse, etc etc. She came off like a fucking monster. There was a loooooot going on there beyond just disagreement.
    If it had been a purely hypothetical discussion that would be different. But it wasn't hypothetical, it was personal and directed at the OP, who had just shared that something particularly horrible may have happened. IMO that's right up there with name calling and I think it's fair for the KGs to intervene.
    Yeah, it was just so gross and cruel. She did a similar thing a while back in reply to an old reg who had recently gone through a horrible domestic violence experience. 

Honestly, I am glad this banning happened. Normally I'm all for letting people speak their opinions, but the obvious glee with which she posted hateful, incendiary shit in really personal contexts was not okay with me. I had to stop reading the last thread because she was so hateful and I was getting so worked up. 
    This.  I was so angry with her bullshit that I was in danger of saying some things to get me banned myself.  It would be one thing on a hypothetical debate type post, but it's a completely different thing to post it on a personal post where the OP is terrified, hurting, and fragile. 

My personal victory?  It's been FOREVER since I've been able to sleep in. I got to sleep in until ten this morning, AND I'm wearing my extremely comfortable fleece onsie.  FTW.  

• Options
    Small victory. I made myself vegetables and chicken for lunch. Nice and healthy. 

Okay. I had some cheese curls too.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Small victory today: The associates who started after me all have a very boring computer training today, which I already attended and get to skip this time.  But I was still allowed to swing by the conference room and get free lunch!  And it was a tasty, healthy salad bar!  Double score!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I agree that normally I don't like to go all ban happy and run people off for different opinions, but she was really truly disgusting. That thread was awful and I feel really bad for the OP having to read her bullshit. Like beethery said, she could have made similar points much more kindly but she just will not step down off her high horse. So in this rare case I'm very glad she got banned. That was totally different from dissent from, say, the Ferguson thread or FFS the christmas carol one. 

Anyway, it's finals week and I only need like a 50% on each to get As in the classes so woo!
  • Options
    YEEES!! Beethery you are a hero! Let's hope she doesn't have more than one computer...

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

My personal victory. I caught myself walking out of the door with my pants inside out AND my shirt backwards. Did this before I got in the car!

ETF: I swear I know how to spell pants.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    My small victory: I literally had patience to get the seeds out of two pomegranates. Not one, but two. 
    Pull all the pomegranite guts out and put them in a bowl of water. The white stuff floats, so you can pull it out, then then just pour the water and good stuff through a colendar. No more picking!
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

So I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but here goes nothing...

I dont know that I believe she was a troll. She is a 100% dumb fuck. But I think there is a chance that she might actually believe the shit she said.

I am just a little wary of banning someone because we dont agree with them.

(I am not justifying or agreeing with what she said, and I also didnt read all of her nonsense)

Oh, she totally believes the shit she says, but the problem is she purposefully says it just to stir the pot and upset people. That's still a troll.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I missed the domestic violence shit. Probably a good thing. I would have said stuff that would have gotten me banned.
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    larrygaga said:
    My small victory: I literally had patience to get the seeds out of two pomegranates. Not one, but two. 
    Pull all the pomegranite guts out and put them in a bowl of water. The white stuff floats, so you can pull it out, then then just pour the water and good stuff through a colendar. No more picking!
    Don't pretend like doing this makes it so you don't have to pick at them still. I totally do it this way and I still have to get all those tiny little white things off. 

I just realized how upsetting it is when people pretend like it's easy because it's fucking not and it's hard for me I'm a simple girl I don't know the ways of the world 

EDIT: I'm joking
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Finally!

I woke up before noon today so there you go.
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    larrygaga said:
    Don't pretend like doing this makes it so you don't have to pick at them still. I totally do it this way and I still have to get all those tiny little white things off. 

I just realized how upsetting it is when people pretend like it's easy because it's fucking not and it's hard for me I'm a simple girl I don't know the ways of the world 

hahahahahaaaaaaa
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    Are you god?
  • Options
    beethery said:
    larrygaga said:
    larrygaga said:

hahahahahaaaaaaa
    That's exactly me right now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I just had a teeny tiny victory! Well, FI did. He FINALLY put in for the wedding at work. It's not for 11 months, BUT he works in broadcast news and our wedding is during sweeps. He assured me when I booked it that it would be fine, but I've still been a little on pins and needles since he didn't want to ask his bosses until the current sweeps period was over (which I thought was smart, but it still made me nervous). Well today he finally handed his leave slip to his supervisor, who was sad it was during sweeps but said it shouldn't be a problem. So I can finally put a ticker in my sig without feeling like I'm jinxing things! Yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I just had a teeny tiny victory! Well, FI did. He FINALLY put in for the wedding at work. It's not for 11 months, BUT he works in broadcast news and our wedding is during sweeps. He assured me when I booked it that it would be fine, but I've still been a little on pins and needles since he didn't want to ask his bosses until the current sweeps period was over (which I thought was smart, but it still made me nervous). Well today he finally handed his leave slip to his supervisor, who was sad it was during sweeps but said it shouldn't be a problem. So I can finally put a ticker in my sig without feeling like I'm jinxing things! Yay!
    That reminds me, I need to harass FI about that in a couple weeks. He has reminders on his phone, but he needs to mention it to his supervisors ahead of time.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:
    chibiyui said:
    ......That was not the fun troll thread I was expecting. Blarf.

@mrsdee15 All the hugs.
    Yes, it was ugly and bad. @mrsdee15 I hope you are feeling better today.
    I may have just missed it, but I don't remember seeing her pop up on the thread once the shit stirring got intense, has anyone else spoken to her?  

I really hope she didn't take any of the shit the troll said to heart.  To us it was obvious bullshit, but when you're upset over something bad happening and someone just chimes in saying it's your fault, it gets to you a bit more.  
  • Options
    Her comments were very uncomfortable and really disgusting. It was only a matter of time before she would get banned. 
    Small Victory: Was able to get a few sweaters from Old Navy, used their discounts, and they were 40% off and only paid 15.79! Score!

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    larrygaga said:

I have de-seeded two pomegranates this week, and FI ate them both. I still can't bring myself to seed the last one. Too much work to have it stolen...
  • Options

lovedryn said:
    I have de-seeded two pomegranates this week, and FI ate them both. I still can't bring myself to seed the last one. Too much work to have it stolen...

This is why I buy pomegranate seeds at Trader Joes.image

• Options
    lovedryn said:

larrygaga said:

You guys you need to use the wooden spoon method. Look it up on YouTube.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards