Chit Chat

What Is Making You Happy Right Now?

Re: What Is Making You Happy Right Now?

• DAMN THOSE NAILS. Cute.

I got called off work tonight and only work one job tomorrow. My momma and babies will be here on the 23rd!
  • I had such an awesome night with the kids. My future step son is such a sweet kid. He knows I hate spiders and the only book he had to read with him (for homework) was about spiders. So he asked my FI to go to another table with him for a few mins to read so I wouldn't have to see the spiders and could hang with my future step daughter. So sweet!

• My H talked to an adviser at the local college today.  He's talked ever since I met him about going back to college. He went to a community and technical college and got a certificate. He's tried at various times taking classes again to get a bachelors degree.  The one time he made it most of the way through a semester of classes, he dropped out on the last day you could drop classes in order to move for a job.

Anyway, now we're seriously talking about it again.  He's going to take classes this semester, some pre-reqs/basics that he has to get out of the way, and in the future, we will likely be moving down south to get the particular degree he wants.

I'm super excited!  I love Alaska, and we will probably end up living in Alaska and raising a family here, but I'm very excited to live somewhere else outside Alaska for a couple years. And I'm super excited for H actually pursuing this and trying to finish his degree!
  • Everybody has such major events/purchases/accomplishments going on.

Things are absolutely uneventful here.
    Guess what? That makes me happy.  It means everything's all right.  Fire going, music on, tree doing her sparkly thing in the corner, fuzzy socks and a book to read. 
    Ordinary moments are don't get enough credit, and sometimes they're just great. 
  • @ohannabelle I am definitely looking forward to the second week in January when I can say that things are (hopefully) uneventful for me.  You are so right, it doesn't get enough credit to have things be calm!

• I am grateful that I am off this weekend woo hoo and that I've managed to save some pennies this month so I can go Christmas shopping for me hehe. Anybody else guilty of buying themselves gifts from the big man Claus?
  • @lauraukoctober2014 I swear I read that as "I've managed to save some PENISES this month" and I was all "oooooh tell me more!" hahaha

I just bought myself some awesome indie nail polish and I got myself the new Kat Von D Interstellar palette last week.  I've also bought myself a lot of wine.  Does that count?

• I bought myself a new LORAC eyeshadow palette that I'll put in my stocking for myself. :) I also bought all the Harry Potter movies on BluRay but we've already started watching them. And some Christmas leggings and sweater dresses.

• Just imagining a penis piggy bank... lol
  • The power was out at work this morning so I got some Christmas shopping done and now I'm watching tv while the pup lays on my lap. Hopefully when I call back at 11 the power will still be out and we'll all get a freebie day off!
  • I'm kind of excited to go home and clean our house today. I have family coming in town Saturday and I've been trying to get the house cleaned but FI has been sick at night and he wants me to lay down in bed with him because he's 2, apparently. So I get off at noon today, I'm gonna go throw open the windows in the house (hooray for Alabama's nice warm weather in December) and CLEAN while he's not home.

I clearly need a life.

Anniversary

• I'm kind of excited to go home and clean our house today. I have family coming in town Saturday and I've been trying to get the house cleaned but FI has been sick at night and he wants me to lay down in bed with him because he's 2, apparently. So I get off at noon today, I'm gonna go throw open the windows in the house (hooray for Alabama's nice warm weather in December) and CLEAN while he's not home.

I clearly need a life.

I'm with ya on this. I have to go shopping tonight (my list is a mile long), prep a bunch of stuff, and then I really want to take tomorrow off so I can clean all night tonight and all day tomorrow.

I've never wanted to clean so bad in my liiiiiiiife.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• You just need to come teach me how to do my nails. I've managed to keep this coat of polish on but it looks shitty. Probably because I'm too impatient to let them dry.

FI's parents are coming up Saturday! They're gonna meet my parents (and possibly one or two siblings), and then either FI and I are going to take them out to dinner, or my mom is going to drag whoever is there out of the house for last minute trip purchases like adapters and such, and FI and I will cook for them, and then I believe they'll make me open presents all by myself. FI's going to their house on Christmas Day, so they'll open their presents then, and he'll open his. I hate opening presents all by myself. I am, however, hopeful that I either got the book I really wanted, or the pastry tips I wanted. Either/or/both would make me absolutely GLEEFUL.

AND FI and I will exchange gifts with my family on Wednesday. I am sosososososo ready for him to get his presents. Keeping it a secret is killing me. He already guessed one thing - I had to pull it off his list to his parents cus I'd already gotten it for him, and he noticed it being gone - but he doesn't know the other thing yet.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • that there is a 3 day work week next week for me with 2 days off then i work saturday the 27th (eww but whatever better than fighting with my co worker)
  • I really want to make pot stickers for breakfast. Is that weird?

• I really want to make pot stickers for breakfast. Is that weird?
    Not if you bring me some

• I got a 92% on my Organic Chemistry final, and I am so excited.  Especially since I felt like I failed it.  Weight off of my chest.  I was freaking out about having to retake the whole class, but I'll most likely finish with a good A unless something goes terribly wrong.  This class has been horrible with a horrible teacher, so it's a relief that it's finally over. 

• Way to go, @HaileyDancingbear‌! What do you make /sell in your shop?

@lacqueredlover‌ inspired me, and I did my nails sparkly for our company holiday party tonight.

And I have a 2 day work week next week! And I get to see my whole fam damily!
  • @holyguacamole79 Thank you!  I sell necklaces and earrings that I sculpt out of clay and paint, along with a few scarves and kusudamas for variety.  I'd post pictures but that's probably a TOS issue and I don't wanna get yelled at
  • I had to bring my dog in for a teeth cleaning and skin tag removal. Wednesday was awful because I brought her home and her incision was much bigger than I expected. After two hours of coaxing her to lie down she finally plopped down and popped a stitch, so I had to bring her back in at night to have it closed up again.

Now I am happy because she is feeling much better and her incision looks great, plus she has to wear he inflatable tube collar so she won't lick it, and I know she hates it but she looks so damn adorable, like she's going on a nautical adventure!

Every time I see her I say "Pup Overboard!"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had to bring my dog in for a teeth cleaning and skin tag removal. Wednesday was awful because I brought her home and her incision was much bigger than I expected. After two hours of coaxing her to lie down she finally plopped down and popped a stitch, so I had to bring her back in at night to have it closed up again.

Now I am happy because she is feeling much better and her incision looks great, plus she has to wear he inflatable tube collar so she won't lick it, and I know she hates it but she looks so damn adorable, like she's going on a nautical adventure!

Every time I see her I say "Pup Overboard!"
    My dog is having those exact procedures next week!  I'm so worried about him :(  Vet says hopefully he won't need any stitches, or maybe just one for the biggest tag.  He is a clumsy 140lbs, so I'm positive he would be the type to pop a stitch if he does have one.

• @lacqueredlover You inspired me, and I did my first ever nail art today. They're not professional and precise, but I love them anyway!
    eyeroll
  • Couldn't get it to attach to my previous comment...
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards