Chit Chat
Options

UO

Re: UO

• Options
    I'll take the snark on Coach a bit further and say that I think Michael Kors has been in the same category for at least 2-3 years. I hate the really unnaturally posed pictures that some couples do for their engagement shoots and I extra hate props. Selfies in general make me stabby, BUT DONT FUCKING TAKE A SELFIE AND LOOK AWAY FROM THE CAMERA IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOOK MOODY. Own your vanity. I hate seeing sonogram pics in my fb newsfeed. If you tell me you're pregnant, I'll believe you without having to see a pic of your fucking uterus
    This bothers me so much! I have friends that do tons of props for their kids pictures too. Why can't people just take normal pictures? 

I also can't stand the overly staged wedding photos. "Look at me and my bridesmaids just sitting on this bed in our flower robes that none of us will wear again. Aren't we so cute?!?!"
  • Options
    beethery said:
    I hate Ranch dressing. I asked H to pick me up some parmesan peppercorn creamy italian, and he picked me up Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch.  I seriously considered divorcing him, or at least couples therapy. Does he not know me at all?  Lol. If I see anyone put ranch on their salad, I am dry heaving at the other end of the table. It's rotten milk!!!
      UGG BOOTS!  Lord, I hope girls realize that these boots aren't cute at all. It makes them look like they have Mastadon feet.  What the fuck gives? For flat shoes, they are ridiculously uncomfortable.  They, also, make your feet sweat so much it smells like a corn chip convention, whenever there is a plethora of teenage girls wearing them.
       The band Rush.... omg, his voice makes me stabby, and I will throw Pearl Jam in there too.  I don't get what is it with weird voices, that make bands have a cult following.
       I hate the ombre look, as well.  GREAT!  You paid a hundred and fifty dollars, at least, to look like you couldn't afford to get your hair done. WIN!

I HATE Rush with every fiber of my being. HATE. If I'm flipping through the radio stations in the car I will go "UGH" out loud as I change the station. 

HATE. 
    YES YES YES YES YES YES I LOVE YOU GUYS
    I feel super out of the loop. Seriously, who is Rush? 
    Yeah, what is Rush? 

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    beethery said:
    I hate Ranch dressing. I asked H to pick me up some parmesan peppercorn creamy italian, and he picked me up Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch.  I seriously considered divorcing him, or at least couples therapy. Does he not know me at all?  Lol. If I see anyone put ranch on their salad, I am dry heaving at the other end of the table. It's rotten milk!!!
      UGG BOOTS!  Lord, I hope girls realize that these boots aren't cute at all. It makes them look like they have Mastadon feet.  What the fuck gives? For flat shoes, they are ridiculously uncomfortable.  They, also, make your feet sweat so much it smells like a corn chip convention, whenever there is a plethora of teenage girls wearing them.
       The band Rush.... omg, his voice makes me stabby, and I will throw Pearl Jam in there too.  I don't get what is it with weird voices, that make bands have a cult following.
       I hate the ombre look, as well.  GREAT!  You paid a hundred and fifty dollars, at least, to look like you couldn't afford to get your hair done. WIN!

I HATE Rush with every fiber of my being. HATE. If I'm flipping through the radio stations in the car I will go "UGH" out loud as I change the station. 

HATE. 
    YES YES YES YES YES YES I LOVE YOU GUYS
    I feel super out of the loop. Seriously, who is Rush? 
    Don't even look them up. Your ears will bleed. Either from the sound of Geddy Lee's voice or the fact that you will stab yourself.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm really not into how facebook breeds mind-numbing conformity.  Like, if someone posts a photo of their kids in Santa's lap then everyone else has to do it too.  Or photos of baby bumps every single month, pics of bare feet with a pretty background when you're on vacation. 

I don't mind these things, per se, they're just totally unoriginal when you've already seen them at least 20 times.  I would appreciate a bit more edge and creativity, maybe even some sarcasm here and there.  How about a kid pulling off Santa's beard?  Or a joke pregnancy pic with a fake butt in your mouth and cocktail glass in your hand?
    Done it. My fake belly looked so real that someone started screaming things at me in a bar. It was halloween, btw.
    And then a lot of my friends posted on the pic that I looked cute pregnant and should get knocked up for real. Really? With the cig in my mouth and the drink in my hand, that was cute?

@pinkrevenge I love that.  You're awesome.
  • Options

Haha at all the random hatred.

I kind of hate cheese. I will only eat mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Everything is else is a no go.

I really hate football. It's just too much stopping and starting. I feel like the play is over way too quickly. I prefer to watch basketball if I must watch sports.

I hate twerk videos.

I love my ugly UGGs!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Another UO. I tend to like animals more than people in general. People, in general, suck.
  • Options
    Rush is the worst band ever. Worse than even Creed and Nickelback combined. 
  • Options
    I hate those stupid month stickers people slap on their babies. It was cute the first time the first person ever did it and you didn't realize it was a sticker. Now it's stupid.

• Options
    Rush is the worst band ever. Worse than even Creed and Nickelback combined. 
    The only thing worse than Rush is Rush fans.
  • Options
    ...or The Alamo (which not only serves food & booze but also doesn't allow unaccompanied kids & no babies and enforces as strict "no talking/texting" rule)
    Oh. My. GAWD!  FI is a total movie buff, and we go AT LEAST weekly.  And it seems to me that talking in movie theaters has gotten worse in the last couple of years.  And somehow, the talkers always sit near us, so I'm constantly bitching and snarking about these people to poor FI. 

So of course this theater sounds like heaven to me, and I googled it, wondering where it's located.  I never dared to dream there would be one near by.  BUT THEY ARE BUILDING ONE IN MY TOWN AS WE SPEAK!!  Oh joy!  Oh bliss!  Thank you @SmileDamnit for cluing me in!  I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!
    SCORE!! Seriously, you won't go to another theater to watch a movie ever again. We've only had one in Denver for a year or so and it's already ruined all other theaters for life...to the point where I'd rather pay to go to the Alamo than use the stack of free tix we have to the AMC theater around the corner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hate the fact that people will say a man is "pregnant" or "had a baby" when they truly mean his wife.  Such as of Monday my male coworker was out because "he had a baby" and everyone asking "Did John have his baby?".  His wife birthed a baby.  His baby was born.  John did not 'have' a baby (implied he birthed it).  Same with the couple can be expecting but is not jointly pregnant. 
  • Options
    I can't get into Tolkien's writing. I have been very slowly slogging through LOTR because I've meant to forever, but there is something about it that makes it painful. The stories he came up with, awesome. The way he wrote them, not so much. I can't put my finger on it. 

Also not a fan of the theater except there's one here that has giant leather recliner seats and they're $5 on Tuesdays and you can order drinks. Otherwise, I feel like I'm paying way too much money to sit close to a stranger that feels the need to add in their own narration, breathe loudly, and brought their 4 year old during their naptime. 

I have absolutely no desire to have a fancy car. No appeal to me whatsoever. I don't get why so many people's life goal is to have a Lotus or BMW or whatever. 

I can't really get into twitter or instagram. 

I wore cowboy boots at my wedding (I planned to long before it ever became a trend, dammit)

You can take my Uggs over my dead body though
  • Options
    UO: I thought George Clooney's wife's (Amal?) wedding dress was really boring and disappointing. I just saw a photo of it online which reminded me of how much I didn't like it. I expected better from Mrs. Clooney. I didn't even think it looked flattering on her. Sigh. 
  • Options
    I can't stand Kate Middleton.    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'll take the snark on Coach a bit further and say that I think Michael Kors has been in the same category for at least 2-3 years. I hate the really unnaturally posed pictures that some couples do for their engagement shoots and I extra hate props. Selfies in general make me stabby, BUT DONT FUCKING TAKE A SELFIE AND LOOK AWAY FROM THE CAMERA IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOOK MOODY. Own your vanity. I hate seeing sonogram pics in my fb newsfeed. If you tell me you're pregnant, I'll believe you without having to see a pic of your fucking uterus
    As usual, I adore you. ALL OF THIS.
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    I can't get into Tolkien's writing. I have been very slowly slogging through LOTR because I've meant to forever, but there is something about it that makes it painful. The stories he came up with, awesome. The way he wrote them, not so much. I can't put my finger on it. 

Also not a fan of the theater except there's one here that has giant leather recliner seats and they're $5 on Tuesdays and you can order drinks. Otherwise, I feel like I'm paying way too much money to sit close to a stranger that feels the need to add in their own narration, breathe loudly, and brought their 4 year old during their naptime. 

I have absolutely no desire to have a fancy car. No appeal to me whatsoever. I don't get why so many people's life goal is to have a Lotus or BMW or whatever. 

I can't really get into twitter or instagram. 

I wore cowboy boots at my wedding (I planned to long before it ever became a trend, dammit)

You can take my Uggs over my dead body though
    So much walking, and so many trees.

Though it does make you feel like it is a LONG fuckin journey from A to B at least. I spent the most of The Hobbit thinking, 'Are we there yet?'
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    This is a hobby specific peeve of mine: hoppy beers.

I like a well balanced malt/hop beer. My personal favorites are English IPAs. FUCK. AMERICAN. IPAs and DIPAs. Any asshole can throw hops into a boiling pot of wort. It takes a craftsman not to fucking wreck your palate for the rest of your night. I'm so over the west coast IPA trend it hurts. Literally.

• Options
    If we're gonna get hobby specific: 

When people call themselves writers, as in they say "I'm a writer." But they've never been published. Um no dude. Just cuz you sat at Starbucks for an hour and typed on your laptop does not mean you get to call yourself a writer. I'm always hesitant to call myself a writer, and I have a degree in it and have had multiple poems, short stories, 2 novels, and a memoir published. So BAM. 
  • Options
    I didn't think I much liked beards, but then H grew one. He keeps is washed, combed, oiled and trimmed and I like it. He looks hot. Not all men can pull off a beard, a lot of them can't. But he REALLY can.

And his mustache is now long enough to wax. Heehee, I'm sexing a saloon bartender.
    I actually hate that it's a "trend" because I have always thought long beards were sexy since I was 15 years old. All of my boyfriends have always had one, as well as my husband. But now people think he just does it to be a hipster, and people post stupid things like the beard flowers/ beard xmas ornaments on my FB because they think I'm just into the trend. No!!!!

• Options

I hate Christmas.  I hate Christmas shopping.  I hate Christmas songs. I hate Christmas decorations.  I hate the forced togetherness everyone needs to pretend to be happy because it's fucking Christmas.  Every December I look forward to Christmas being over.  But goddamn, that fake cheer I have to put on is not fun. 

• Options
    I didn't think I much liked beards, but then H grew one. He keeps is washed, combed, oiled and trimmed and I like it. He looks hot. Not all men can pull off a beard, a lot of them can't. But he REALLY can.

And his mustache is now long enough to wax. Heehee, I'm sexing a saloon bartender.
      I hated facial hair before SO.  My ex and I used to actually get in fights about his uber creepy mustache (which he was so proud of and said it made him look manly, cause you know, to be a manly man you have to have facial hair). 

SO grew a beard out of laziness (didn't feel like shaving for a week or two) and I liked it.  It's a short beard, but I think he looks super cute with it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards