Chit Chat

UO

Re: UO

• lyndausvi said:

Can I also add that I despise Harry Potter.  Wth is the big deal?

And this will make people hate me... I hate when people call a  dog a rescue, when they simply got the dog from the SPCA. When i was growing up, you just said "We got a dog," and everyone assumed it was from the SPCA. (i guess since the puppy mills people have to make a shine a lot on the SPCA, but the term just annoys me.) Please let me hate that word.

I hate seafood. All of it.  Disgusting. My southern relatives don't even know how I am related. "You don't like seafood, muffinman, what about some shrimp?"  Was it fished out of the water?  Unless a cow was going for a swim, I won't eat it.

We bought the bulldog and rescued the other dog.  We are almost shunned for buying the bulldog.  So much so that volunteers at the rescue told us they would be willing to only watch the rescue if we go away.  During the interview process they flat out said "and if you go away one of us would be happy to watch the rescue, but not your other dog".  WTF?   

The fact we have a rescue ups our status so-to-speak  Our bulldog is almost look down on because he was purchased.   That part of rescue makes me stabby.  Like its is a status symbol for some people.  Whatever, I love my dogs equally.

Some dogs truly are rescued from death so they are a rescue.  

There really isn't anything in between.   You either rescue your dog or you buy them.  

Ugh that pisses me right off. We got our pup from a moron couple who bought her at a puppy mill supporting store and didn't like that she needed more care than a goldfish. People lecture us and shit because they assume we paid the money and supported the shit pet store. No, asshole, I just pay the vet bills. She was adopted.

ETA. I'm all riled up on your behalf. It's bullshit that people judge you and treat you like shit because you bought a dog. There is absolutely nothing wrong with deciding you want/would be a good fit for a specific breed, doing your research and obtaining the dog correctly from a good breeder. If you happened to be walking by a pet store and go "oh hey. That dog has blue eyes. I like blue eyes. Let's get a dog" that's one thing, but I assume you're smarter than that. Obviously adopting is great, but it's not the only good option. I just hate that holier than thou sanctimonious shithead attitude.

- - - preemptive box strike! - - -
    I don't take issues with legit breeders. ESPECIALLY with tricky breeds like OEBs, they should come from loving breeders that know what they're doing. You know golden retrievers are the breed for you (cuz they're the best), by all means, find a respected breeder. It's just home breeders that think it's fun and cute, or puppy mills that sell to idiots in the ball that make me ragey.

Lynda I'm sorry people give you unwarranted shit.

• Several pages late, but i'm with y'all on the sonograms. I HATE when people post them, and I think they are grody. Like, I don't really want a picture of your insides, thanks.

I just got a CHRISTMAS CARD with a mofuggin sonogram picture on it. NO. 
    Yep me too. Or any of those damn baby pictures that pollute my news feed. Every. Single. Day. I also love Marmite. There's my UO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • About the whole rescue thing. My dog was saved from a kill shelter. She was about to be put down. If that doesn't count as a rescue, I don't know what does. 

And I think using the word "rescue" for pets is important, especially when there are so many people buying puppies from pet stores and mills and irresponsible breeders. I'm a firm believer in rescuing and never buying. 
  • I hate the movie "It's a Wonderful Life."

I wish George would've just drank himself into cirrhosis and called it a day. 

YES
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I hate the movie "It's a Wonderful Life."

I wish George would've just drank himself into cirrhosis and called it a day. 
    I serioulsy just LOL'ed at this at my desk. 
  • Several pages late, but i'm with y'all on the sonograms. I HATE when people post them, and I think they are grody. Like, I don't really want a picture of your insides, thanks.

@ashley8918 I just got a Christmas card in the mail that is a collage of this girl's pregnancy pics. Now they all normal, clothed pictures with her husband's hand on the belly. Nothing weird or gross. BUT that's all that was on the card......like it was missing any writing that said Merry Christms, Happy Holidays, Love Dick & Jane. Nothing. I thought it was so weird...so you didn't really send me a Christmas card, you sent me a random photo collage of yourself.

• I hate cucumbers.  I feel like I'm eating grass. I feel the same about avocado.
  • Oh, I hate beets. They always taste like dirt to me. 
    Try a beet beer. 

• jenna8984 said:
    Several pages late, but i'm with y'all on the sonograms. I HATE when people post them, and I think they are grody. Like, I don't really want a picture of your insides, thanks.

@ashley8918 I just got a Christmas card in the mail that is a collage of this girl's pregnancy pics. Now they all normal, clothed pictures with her husband's hand on the belly. Nothing weird or gross. BUT that's all that was on the card......like it was missing any writing that said Merry Christms, Happy Holidays, Love Dick & Jane. Nothing. I thought it was so weird...so you didn't really send me a Christmas card, you sent me a random photo collage of yourself.
    That is so fucking bizarre, omg.
  • About the whole rescue thing. My dog was saved from a kill shelter. She was about to be put down. If that doesn't count as a rescue, I don't know what does. 

And I think using the word "rescue" for pets is important, especially when there are so many people buying puppies from pet stores and mills and irresponsible breeders. I'm a firm believer in rescuing and never buying. 

SIB
    QFT 
    UO: dog breeding should be more regulated to help reduce the number of mills (which should be 100% illegal in all 50 states) and irresponsible/negligent breeders. I volunteered in an animal shelter (a kill shelter) for about 8 years or more and it was heartbreaking. 
  • Oh, I hate beets. They always taste like dirt to me. 

ME TOO. I've had them every way imaginable and I just don't like them. I'm not a picky eater but ugh. Unfortunately, FI's family is very Polish and borscht is one of his favourite foods, so I cook it, but i don't eat it. Blergh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • larrygaga said:
    esstee33 said:
    larrygaga said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I didn't think I much liked beards, but then H grew one. He keeps is washed, combed, oiled and trimmed and I like it. He looks hot. Not all men can pull off a beard, a lot of them can't. But he REALLY can.

And his mustache is now long enough to wax. Heehee, I'm sexing a saloon bartender.
    I actually hate that it's a "trend" because I have always thought long beards were sexy since I was 15 years old. All of my boyfriends have always had one, as well as my husband. But now people think he just does it to be a hipster, and people post stupid things like the beard flowers/ beard xmas ornaments on my FB because they think I'm just into the trend. No!!!!
    Ditto. FI has had a beard for years, and he's had flannel shirts since he was a kid. We were at a bar the other night and literally every single guy sitting at the bar was in a plaid flannel with a beard, as was FI. He looked around and said "fuck, I'm trendy now." It's annoying cuz neither of us are the type of people to follow trends. He was just doin' his own thing and then a trend came along and swallowed him whole. Damnit. 
    Also flannel was a thing in the 90s. It's not new. I wore flannel all the time in early high school
    I feel the same way about red hair. Oh sure, it used to be ugly when I was a child and now there are all these fucking imposers. I used to be an ugly kid because of my hair and freckles and skin. Now I'm the hottest bitch at the ball. 

You need fucking freckles to pull it off, okay? You can't have black eyebrows and fire engine hair and no freckles and a tan.

IT DON'T FUCKING WORK LIKE THAT STOP SAYING YOU ARE A NATURAL REDHEAD

UGHHHHH FUCK, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I know a girl IRL who is most definitely NOT a natural redhead. She's drunkenly admitted to me how much she loves my hair and wishes hers were natural. But she got a Kia Soul and made a bunch of very public "look at me" jokes about how now she can finally have a soul, and constantly refers to herself as a ginger and all this other shit. It makes me so ragey. Like, bitch, you have brown eyebrows, no freckles, and a tan. You aren't a redhead, just an attention whore. 

Also I just really can't fucking stand this girl in general, in case that wasn't obvious.
    YUS. It's cool to dye your hair red, just fucking do NOT refer to yourself as a redhead, natural or a ginger. 

The fucking soul jokes are so old. 
    Another natural redhead here. I put highlights and lowlights in my hair because it gets all bleached out from being in the sun  and I like the dimensions I get from them.

I did get picked on for being a freckle faced redheaded little girl. Now, everyone wants to be a redhead all of the sudden. A girl I graduated from high school who always had brown hair, dark eyes, no freckles. Well one day she posted a picture and she had bright red hair and started calling herself a ginger.

I don't mind the term ginger but the stupid "no soul" jokes are old. FI calls me "ginger snap" when I'm being sassy though and that's funny to me.

• I think celebrating NYE is overrated.  It is just another fucking day and all that comes out of it is me having to remember to write a new year on any documents or checks.  I also hate Halloween.

I love my Uggs.  I didn't purchase them to be cool or cute, I bought them because they are comfy and keep my feet warm as shit.  I also wear sweats out in public with pride.  You don't like how I am dressed, well that is a personal problem.

H and I bought our dog from a breeder.  Not sorry at all.   She is an amazing dog and she needed a home.  I think people who rescue dogs are amazing but people who purchase their pet shouldn't get shamed.  Those animals need homes as well.

I was born a red head and I am fucking pissed it turned blonde.  There are still subtle red undertones that really come out during the fall/winter though which I love.

I have freckles and have always loved them.  I don't get why some people don't like them.

I hate coffee and can only stomach tea when I have a sore throat.  But I do love me some iced tea.

I hate green veggies of any kind...green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas...they all taste like grass.

• I think celebrating NYE is overrated.  It is just another fucking day and all that comes out of it is me having to remember to write a new year on any documents or checks.  I also hate Halloween.

This all day long. Like amateur hour. ZOMG!! BEER!! BALLS DROPPING!! CONFETTI! KISSES!!! 

I hide in my house. I have no desire to celebrate. 

• i also hate apple products.

Hate normal movie theaters. since amc remodeled and put in recliners and a bar they are the only ones i go to. if i cant put my feet up i wont go. 

people who go to movies and actually take their shoes off (disgusting) 

i actually hate any american made cars (except a mustang will always love them) 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

See, I knew we needed a good UO thread. It is like a good therapy session; just let it all out.

I left work at 1:30 yesterday and am just checking back in.

Dont Stop Believin' by Journey was the ONLY song on our do not play list.

My H has red hair and I hope everyday that my son gets my H's red hair. Although my kid is looking more blonde. Sad.

I cant get involved in the puppy mill debate because I will get to emotional. Adopt, dont shop.

And I hate, HATE Halloween. Has that been discussed yet?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrsk616 said:

Hahaha, I always do this. I wait until it's dark, but still.

I love my Uggs.  I didn't purchase them to be cool or cute, I bought them because they are comfy and keep my feet warm as shit.  I also wear sweats out in public with pride.  You don't like how I am dressed, well that is a personal problem.

H and I bought our dog from a breeder.  Not sorry at all.   She is an amazing dog and she needed a home.  I think people who rescue dogs are amazing but people who purchase their pet shouldn't get shamed.  Those animals need homes as well.

I was born a red head and I am fucking pissed it turned blonde.  There are still subtle red undertones that really come out during the fall/winter though which I love.

I have freckles and have always loved them.  I don't get why some people don't like them.

I hate coffee and can only stomach tea when I have a sore throat.  But I do love me some iced tea.

I hate green veggies of any kind...green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas...they all taste like grass.

I am completely with you on the Uggs and sweats. I wear them with pride. I also love my freckles!

But, you are just wrong about broccoli and brussel sprouts! They might make you fart, but they are tasty!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrsk616 said:

Yup, I do this as well.  Especially during the summer when I am wearing sandals/flip flops.  I slip those off and slip on warm socks because it is always freezing in the movie theater.  But I certainly don't get up and walk around without my shoes on.

• mrsk616 said:

Yup, I do this as well.  Especially during the summer when I am wearing sandals/flip flops.  I slip those off and slip on warm socks because it is always freezing in the movie theater.  But I certainly don't get up and walk around without my shoes on.
    This is horrifying for me. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited June 2015
  • I love brussel sprouts. My favorite local restaurant has my favorite brussel sprout recipe, and one night I gushed about them to the head chef and he GAVE ME the recipe! 

They're so good and I think anyone would like them. They're roasted until the outer leaves get crispy and smothered in smoked garlic, caramelized shallots, and a balsamic reduction with some other stuff. Incredible.
    I do too! I made roasted brussel sprouts with dinner last night, and yep, tossed em in olive oil and seasoned them and then roasted them till the outer leaves were super crispy. Omg I could not stop eating them! My mom makes them that way too and then throws in some crisped pancetta (with a little bit of the pnacetta grease) for good measure. 
  • I hate cucumbers.  I feel like I'm eating grass. I feel the same about avocado.
    Avocados are disgusting. They taste and feel like I'm eating mud. No thx.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Roast (Michael Symon's restaurant in Detroit) has amazing Brussels sprouts fried in bacon fat..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards