Chit Chat

It has to be done: weird smells you DO like.

edited December 2014 in Chit Chat
Yin and yang, people.

I like the smell of ground beef cooking. Like, seriously stick my face in the pan love it.

Also Scotch tape (and other plastic-y smells like vinyl pool toys), diesel exhaust (reminds me of the excitement of the first day of each elementary school year, and traveling) and dirt after it rains.

Hit me with your weirdness. And none of this "old book" shit, everyone knows those smell amazing.

Re: It has to be done: weird smells you DO like.

• I'm with you on the plasticy smells. New shower curtain is the best one. And I like the smell of gasoline, too.

So, uh, this is pretty fucking weird. You know how most people don't mind the smell of their own farts? Well, I take that a step further and kind of like mine sometimes. I AM SICK.
  • I love the smell of play dough, bacon cooking and fresh coffee
  • My husband smells weird and I love it. Is that too old book shit?
  • I'm with you on the plasticy smells. New shower curtain is the best one. And I like the smell of gasoline, too.

So, uh, this is pretty fucking weird. You know how most people don't mind the smell of their own farts? Well, I take that a step further and kind of like mine sometimes. I AM SICK.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't fart. >.>

I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't fart. >.>
    Right. No. Me neither. Never.
  • I love the smell of minced garlic in a jar, and the smell of it cooking.  It reminds me of my grandma's cooking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AzAnnie said:
    I love the smell of play dough, bacon cooking and fresh coffee

I love the smell of play dough. I also love the smell of crayons.

This is a little strange but I love the smell of old books. Like I imagine if history had a smell it would be old books. 

I was going to say this, but was too embarrassed to admit it. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Fart lovers, unite!
  • Stuck in a box-I like artificial fruit smells. Like the markers that smell like the color they are or strawberry shortcake dolls. The fake smells are much better than the real smells of the fruit item.
  • Gas! And garlic and FIs hair
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not sure its weird but I love the smell of trees, old books, and V's hair. I also like the smell of fire smoke which is completely different than cigs smoke.
  • I like cigarette smoke. Not old and stale but while someone is actually smoking.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Gasoline. Love the smell of it. 

....imightalsolikemyfarts....

Anniversary
  • luckya23 said:
    I like cigarette smoke. Not old and stale but while someone is actually smoking.

I like the smell of cigar smoke and pipe tobacco. My grandpa used to smoke a pipe and I would get so excited when I was little because I thought it smelled yummy.
  • I LOVE the smell of hospitals. They just smell so clean and sanitized. Plus, since I have so many allergies, they are literally a breath of fresh air. I love that they're cold with heavily-filtered air.

• I'm with you on the plasticy smells. New shower curtain is the best one. And I like the smell of gasoline, too. So, uh, this is pretty fucking weird. You know how most people don't mind the smell of their own farts? Well, I take that a step further and kind of like mine sometimes. I AM SICK.
    I intended on pasting a gif here but I'm on my iPad so I can't. Just imagine a gif of someone shyly and ashamedly raising their hand... This may or may not be me as well. >_<

I also love the plastic smells and most toxic smells... Gasoline, white out, nail polish remover....all the stuff that's bad for you

I intended on pasting a gif here but I'm on my iPad so I can't. Just imagine a gif of someone shyly and ashamedly raising their hand... This may or may not be me as well. >_<

I also love the plastic smells and most toxic smells... Gasoline, white out, nail polish remover....all the stuff that's bad for you

ONG YAS. All of this!
  • jdluvr06 said:

luckya23 said:

I like cigarette smoke. Not old and stale but while someone is actually smoking.

I like the smell of cigar smoke and pipe tobacco. My grandpa used to smoke a pipe and I would get so excited when I was little because I thought it smelled yummy.

YES! Cigars for real.

When I was a kid and I couldn't sleep on vacation, my dad would smoke a swisher sweet and I'd go right to sleep.

As an adult, I'm like 99% sure that was weed, but as a kid I just thought swisher sweets were awesome and sleepy.

I also love gasoline smell, plastic, bonfire, and my own farts.
  • I'm also a fan of the plastic-y smells and gasoline although for some reason I don't love the smell as much as I used to.  I also love the smell of bleach and realllly love the smell of chlorine.
  • There is this art glue, it smells similar to a permanent maker. It's in a can with a brush top.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• edited December 2014
    -I love the smell of the outdoors after the rain.  
    -I love the smell of old car exhaust on a cold winter's day... it reminds me of my childhood. 
    -Onions, celery, and carrots sauteing in butter... there is no better smell in the world. 
    -Scotch tape... because it smells like presents (now, I want a present).
    -fresh christmas trees
    -dryer sheets. I am highly allergic to the chemicals in them, so I can't use them in my laundry.  I am not going to lie, if my neighbor is doing her laundry, I stand outside and smell the dryer exhaust for that heavenly aroma.
    -MOTHBALLS... seriously... who loves this smell? I can't get enough. It smells like my grandparent's house and every happy memory of my childhood.
  • Fresh cut wood - as in new furniture.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • -summer
    -the beach
    -the smell of gas and lake water mixed together--I think it's part of the "summer" smell
    -food court at the mall (even though I hate eating there, I like how it smells)
    -lemon cleaners (pine sol and lysol)
    -bleach (not too much of it, but I love walking into a room that was cleaned with it)
    -campfire
    -dirt
    -this smell that I can't pinpoint, but I call it "city smell."  I smelled it a lot in Europe, and I have also smelled it in Atlanta and NYC.  It's not the urine smell that often permeates parts of the city, but some mix of like gas, grass, and fresh bakery food or something.  And usually only in warm weather.  IDK, but I love it and when I smell it I am immediately transplanted back to Europe.

• I like plastic as well... when I was little my dad was the plant manager at a plastic plant so I loved to visit and the smell of it. 

Lolo & anyone else who likes diesel gas are not married to a diesel mechanic. Because I am and it's fucking gross when I go in for a kiss and his whole head reeks of it. 

DH says the kitty has bad breath....but I kinda like it. I shove my face in hers all the time. 

I love all seafood, so when people bitch about the smell of raw oysters or frying fish, I enjoy those. 

I'm kinda obsessed with the smell of smoke from matches. 

• Apple cider. Cut grass, because it reminds me of my dad coming inside mid afternoon in the summer for a tea and tv break when he's hot and sweaty from mowing. Toomers corner drugstore- smells like sugar and lemons and pride. Cow poop. Horses. And then- there is this super exciting smell in the woods in the fall that always reminds me of so many wonderful things.
  • Frying chicken livers are one of my favorite food smells. Someone else mentioned this already, but I also like the smell of nail polish remover or even going into a nail salon with all the acryllic smells mixed in. I love the smell of leather (close cousin to the new car smell). And my parents ran an Alaskan fishing charter my whole childhood, so I actually like the smell of fish/fishing...That's all my weird ones I can think of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jdluvr06 said:

AzAnnie said:

I love the smell of play dough, bacon cooking and fresh coffee

I love the smell of play dough. I also love the smell of crayons.

This is a little strange but I love the smell of old books. Like I imagine if history had a smell it would be old books. 

There is nothing weird about loving the smell of old books. I find it to be one of the most reassuring smells ever. I think it has something to do with my dad taking my sister and I to the used bookstore every Saturday morning when we were little.

I love the smell of kimchee, roasting veggies (cauliflower and brussel sprouts), and Tide.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My dog's paws. They smell like Frito's. 
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards