September 2015 Weddings

So Where is Everyone with their Planning?

Re: So Where is Everyone with their Planning?

• We are slowly but surely getting there:

Church/officiant - booked

Venue- booked

Photographer - booked

Engagement Photos- done

Cake- included with venue

DJ- included with venue

Hair & Makeup- booked

Transportation (trolley) - booked

Honeymoon - booked

Save the dates - designed and ordered, sending in Jan.

Dress- ordered

Website- done

Next up on my to-do list is bridesmaid dresses and florist.

• Wow I am feeling a little behind.

I have my Venue booked, getting married on the property and they are doing my catering.
    I know who I want to use for a DJ, florist and photographer just need to secure them.
    Dress picked, BM dresses picked, working on save the dates (dressing our dogs as a bride and groom - getting them to stay still is not easy)
    Researching honeymoon destinations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh boy, I knew I was behind, but wow. 

I have my dress, but honestly, that's about it. We've looked at venues, but wanted to wait til after the holidays to do too much (honestly, there was too much family stuff happening).

Am I nuts?
  • rcher920 said:
    Oh boy, I knew I was behind, but wow. 

I have my dress, but honestly, that's about it. We've looked at venues, but wanted to wait til after the holidays to do too much (honestly, there was too much family stuff happening).

Am I nuts?
    LOL!  No you are not nuts.  This time of the year is hectic to say the least but now that the bulk of the holiday season is over I'd get on the planning wagon as soon as possible with your venue being the very first thing I'd do.  What area are you getting married in?

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I can now add to my done list having booked the following:

videographer
    makeup artist
    cake baker
    transportation
    hotel room blocks

Question for you ladies:

I talked to my regular hair stylist and she seems to be on board but is being a bit non-committal.  When I asked her about doing my hair at our last appointment she said sure if she is alive.  Huh???  She typically does not work on Saturdays for religious purposes so I asked her if she would be willing to do my hair for the wedding.  I showed her the styles I am considering.  She discussed options for my styles and my prewedding hair regimen.  It sounds like she is planning to do my hair but that "sure if I am alive" comment makes me leery.  My wedding planner says don't count on her and to book someone else.  I just hate to book someone and they lose the deposit if my regular hair stylist does come through.  

Should I just book someone else and tell my regular hair stylist not to worry about my hair since it will be a long day for her and I know she doesn't work on Saturdays normally?  It will give me peace of mind but probably upset her if she really does want to do my wedding hair.  She is super sensitive.  UGH!

• @island07b2b Haha, thanks. I'm in the Philly suburbs area, so certain things definitely book up fast - especially September!!

As for your hairstylist issue, I also have someone I definitely prefer, but who might not be available on my date, considering when she usually works and her own personal stuff. I would just say that asking her honestly (even jokingly), and saying that you totally get where she's coming from and if she isn't up for it if she has any other recommendations. That at least gives her an out if she's really overwhelmed, and it gives YOU some good insight into the local industry (hopefully!).
  • Venue, Photographer, Dj/Photobooth, Ceremony Site, Officiant, Bridal Suite, Food, Bus Service, hotel block, the DRESS :), Bridesmaids dresses, Save the Date/Invites... 

so much done, so much to do!!

• Just barely set the date for September 12th! I have nothing planned and these comments are scaring me! Haha. Should I feel super behind!?
  • Just barely set the date for September 12th! I have nothing planned and these comments are scaring me! Haha. Should I feel super behind!?

***stuck in a box***

Date twins! Depends on your location! My little sister got engaged and married in under 8 months. It's totally do-able. Where I am getting married there are only 2 venues so that was one of the main reasons I started early. (and that I am planning from 8 hours away). I would get on the big vendors immediately. Venue, Caterer, Officiant. With those three things you have a wedding. Then look at photographers and DJs as they book up in advance. And make sure you look into the bridal stores ordering policies. Some places you can get your dress in with 2 months, others it can take 6 months and then need 2 months altering.

You can do it! 
  • wedding date is 9/26/15 here is what I have done:
    ceremony & reception site
    catering
    photographer
    engagement photos
    dj
    photobooth
    bridesmaid's dresses
    flowers
    invitations & save the dates (some assembly required)
    guest list with addresses
    registering on sunday :) 
    consultation with venue for table set up and rentals on Wednesday 

I think that may be it, however I feel pretty comfortable so far just need to try on dresses :)

• For those of you who feel behind, don't!  I just got engaged at the end of December and I'm getting married September 12, 2015.  I picked the date because that's when my venue (a restaurant) was available.  I'm having a wedding of less than 40 people, though, and having the ceremony in the garden of the restaurant so mine was fairly easy.

I was able to do the following within one week:

-Booked Venue (which does the catering, it's a restaurant, and has ceremony space)

-Booked DJ (which is really a friend of my fiance's)

-Booked a Photographer (this was the hardest, finding someone with that date free that wasn't willing to upsell me for engagement photos, which we don't want, etc.)

-Blocked hotel rooms at a hotel less than a half mile away

-Asked my bridesmaids, FI asked his groomsmen

-Bought my wedding dress (at a Brides Against Breast Cancer trunk show)

-Emailed my officiant (which is a friend of mine)

And I made an appt for a place that does both flowers and cake! I also got on Pinterest, found a bridesmaid dress I liked, and emailed it around.

I did all of this on my lunchbreaks (I get an hour for lunch from work).  I'm fairly decisive though. Last weekend I took a trip to Homegoods and Ikea and got my favors (Ikea photo frames that will double as placecards) and candlestick centerpieces and candles.   

• Hi

Wedding date is 9/27...have all the vendors and venue booked.

I am working on entering addresses for my Save the Dates cards right now (since the spreadsheet will not upload). Have a meeting my the invitation designer the 1st of March (what she recommended). 

Hotels are being "interviewed" by my mom.

Bridesmaids dress are about 95% decided on...keeping going back and forth with the color

Have to find a hair dresser, cake (doing just a cutting cake...but the dessert bar has been ordered) and SHOES

Going to a Bridal fair this Sunday to just look at the small stuff. 

I work in the tax industry and I am so worried that I am going to forget something once things get busy in a few weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hey ladies:) my wedding date September 7th and we are slowly but surely getting there...

venue- booked

photographer -booked

videographer-booked

wedding planner-booked

officiant-booked

dj-booked

florist-booked

dress- bought

bridesmaid dresses- purchased

engagement photos- done

block of rooms- blocked

make up artist- booked

hair stylist- booked

still to do ----- save the dates , research honeymoon destination,

• @lfbrowne sorry for stealing your form lol

my wedding date September 19th...

venue- booked

photographer -booked

videographer-booked

wedding planner-up in the air hubby wants it I dont

officiant-booked

dj-booked

florist-family friend (so basically booked lol

dress- bought

bridesmaid dresses- looking at now ....

engagement photos- umm maybe

block of rooms- suppose to go but getting hit with snowstorm tomorrow (NYC)

make up artist- booked

hair stylist- booked

save the dates- sent

research honeymoon destination

• We just booked our honeymoon and I'm so excited :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DaniBites said:
    We just booked our honeymoon and I'm so excited :) 
    So where are you going for your HM?

• We are having an 'OOT' wedding. Kind of. It's out of town for us, but in town for 60% of our guests, haha. We moved 7 hours away from our hometown just over a year ago so we decided that it made more sense to have the wedding back home than where we are currently living.

FI drove down last night and him and my mum are going to meet with the caterer and finalize menu options and pay the deposit. Then go do some research into how much booze will cost. Our venue lets us provide our own alcohol so we need to figure out cheapest way to buy it as well as how much we will need.

We'll be looking at suits in March, FI and I are buying the guys their suits instead of having them pay for a rental. So we're going to go get sized and choose the suit, and then wait for a 2 for 1 sale to come on to buy them.

Besides those things we're getting pretty close to being done the 'choosing' things part. And mainly just down to execution. We need to get a cake, we need to rent wine glasses, we need to get liquour and event license. Need to make the favour boxes, write the ceremony and get my dress fitted. Thats pretty much it! yay!

we chose some of our songs the other weekend too. Which is exciting. to know what songs are going to be playing at important moments
  • britneydelbritneydel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Update to planning on our 9/26/15 wedding:

Ceremony/reception venue: Booked (same location for both)
    DJ: Booked
    Justice of the Peace: Booked
    Caterer: Booked
    Cake: Planned out but not booked yet (cake will be done by a family friend, so she doesn't require a deposit until way closer to the date)
    Guest list: Mainly done
    Flowers: Planned but still need to order (only bouquets will be done by a florist, I'll be DIYing the minimal flowers we're having for our centerpieces)
    My dress: Bought!

Still have lots to do..
    Fiance is going to start looking at suits within a few weeks with his groomsmen.
    Bridesmaid dresses are up to the bridesmaids (they just have a color and length to follow).
    Photography will more then likely be done by a family friend, just have to meet with her in person.
    Still have to decide on STD and invite designs and gather up a list of all guest addresses.
    We've started to buy a lot of our decorations and centerpiece items, but still have lots more to get and plan out.
    Still have to decide on what I want to do hair and makeup wise. I don't have a regular hairdresser so I have no idea where to even start.

• sheknows6sheknows6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Having trouble deciding on whether or not to have a hair trial done, and debating on bridesmaid's flowers. But other wise most everything is booked and done, and I need to find my shoes!

Also debating Save-The-Date's versus just sending invites out three months ahead; we don't have a lot of out-of-town guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• PHEW. Feeling better now that I have an update!

STDs are out!!!

Venue is BOOKED!

Photog is as well!

We're meeting the priest tomorrow, very exciting! (Although this will be complicated. I'm just glad we're getting the ball rolling. There will be paperwork. Out my ears, I'm sure!)

As I stated earlier, I have my dress, and I just booked the appt for my BMs to start looking at dresses (at which time I will pick up my dress for alterations!)

Ah. now I feel better. In March/April I plan to talk to a DJ, prep/order invites, and...do some other stuff. I don't know, haha.

One day at a time, right?
  • Our wedding is September 19, 2015. 

Booked:
    - Church and Reception
    - Photographer
    - My dress, bridesmaids' dresses and tuxedos
    - Wedding cake

Hoping to get done/booked in the next 3 months:
    - DJ
    - Flowers
    - Engagement Photos 
    - Honeymoon
    - Wedding rings
    - Hotel

This year is going to fly by! Can't wait :) 
  • Booked: Ceremony space + rentals Ceremony musician Flowers Day-of coordinator Reception space (restaurant so food+bar) Cake DJ Officiant My dress FI suit Bridesmaids dresses Hotel Photographer To be done soon: Transportation Guys suits Shoes Finalize guest list and order invitations Bridal party gifts Order favours I'm finally feeling like I've got a handle of everything. Am I missing anything?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Booked: Ceremony space + rentals Ceremony musician Flowers Day-of coordinator Reception space (restaurant so food+bar) Cake DJ Officiant My dress FI suit Bridesmaids dresses Hotel Photographer To be done soon: Transportation Guys suits Shoes Finalize guest list and order invitations Bridal party gifts Order favours I'm finally feeling like I've got a handle of everything. Am I missing anything?
    Room blocks maybe?  Otherwise, you look good to go as far as I can tell. :-)

• Hi everyone! I am new to the board and am getting married on 9/6! I think I have almost everything done! 

Booked
    - Ceremony/Reception Venue
    - Ceremony Musician
    - DJ
    - Caterer
    - Photographer
    - Wedding dress & accessories
    - Bridesmaid dresses
    - Florist
    - Cake
    - Transportation
    - Hotel room & room blocks
    - Honeymoon flights and hotels
    - Favors
    - Bridesmaid gifts
    - Wedding stationary (STDS are out!)
    - Officiant
    - Tent decorating company
    - Hair & Makeup

Things left to book
    - Wedding rings
    - Groomsmen gifts
    - Tuxes

• I have about 24 save the dates to send yet and those are finally done :)

• DaniBites said:
    We just booked our honeymoon and I'm so excited :) 
    So where are you going for your HM?
    Hawaii!  Can't wait  :)

Also booked my florist and saw sample centerpieces.  I feel like I have so much left to do but all the major things are covered.

Oh!  And I ordered my table linens!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @DaniBites - Hawaii sounds great!  I've never been but my FH has and says it is amazing.

Quick planning update:  

Put down deposit for my invitations - YAY!  I spent two good months researching vendors, styles, etc. and finally pulled the trigger.  Now on to the design phase which will probably take me forever as picky as I am.  LOL!

• Hi ladies I'm new here... Congrats 2 all my fellow Sept brides! My date is 9.19 and I've got alot done so far but I haven't gotten marriage license, done a makeup and hair trial, or ordered BM or FG dresses but I have researched and decided on them and will order March 14... same thing with GM attire, will do that Sunday coming...I have decided on my DYI invitation design and will work on those in April so their ready 2 go out in May, stds are going out next week...All vendors are booked and partially paid off, along with honeymoon... I have my dress and all accessories but I'm ordering a separate dress for & shoes for my reception... I've ordered everything I need from the equipment rental company for the ceremony but I still need 2 order flowers, the reception hall will be decorated by the owner...I DIY'd my centrepieces, bouquets, bouts and corsages, and card box... I've ordered all the little extra odds and ends I need (FG wagon, towels pitcher and basin for our foot washing, FG baskets, guest book and pin, anniversary piñata, etc.)...I still need 2 do all my signage... I've got my MOH,BM,BstM and GM gifts... gifts for my special speakers... still need 2 get gifts 4 FG, RB, BB & ushers... I think I'm at a pretty good point in planning!
  • @Knottie73521311 - You are on a roll!

• We just got engaged on Feb 4th.  Our wedding is Sept 12th.  So far I have:

Venue booked (it's a DIY venue, all that's included is tables and chairs).  Ceremony will be at the same site, not sure where on the site yet, as different spots cost different amounts.

Dress and veil ordered

Guest list spreadsheet complete with addresses

I've been talking to a caterer and have a meeting with a photographer on Sunday.  My aunt, who lives out of town but is a florist, is here in town this weekend so we are meeting to talk flowers. She's doing them for free as her gift to me, I just have to provide the flowers for her.  

I feel like I haven't gotten much done but my MOH, who is also my volunteer planner (she used to do it for a living and is almost more excited about my wedding than I am), said I'm in good shape.  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards