Snarky Brides

Issues with Karen

2»

Re: Issues with Karen

• CMGragain said:
    The 350 person party you are having is not a part of your wedding.
    Your reception will be your cocktail hour.

The girlfriend's behavior does not reflect on you.  Your outrageous planning does. I would be very insulted to be invited to a "wedding reception" three months after the ceremony took place.

PS.  Your father is in no way paying for your wedding.  Your mother is paying for it.  It is her money now.  She did not have to set it aside for your wedding.  You should be thanking HER.
    Wow, that is really not necessary. I have read to some rude shit on here, but this wow.....
  • CMGragain said:

The girlfriend's behavior does not reflect on you.  Your outrageous planning does. I would be very insulted to be invited to a "wedding reception" three months after the ceremony took place.

PS.  Your father is in no way paying for your wedding.  Your mother is paying for it.  It is her money now.  She did not have to set it aside for your wedding.  You should be thanking HER.
    Wow, that is really not necessary. I have read to some rude shit on here, but this wow.....

How was it rude. It's true. There has been way worse shit than this.

• CMGragain said:

If her father set aside money for her wedding and she is using that money I don't see what is wrong with her seeing it as her father paying for it even though he died. It sounds like both her and her mother see the money as a gift from her father. Your comment just came off as incredibly unkind, insensitive, and unnecessary. 

• huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    I'm very sorry about the OP's father, but CMgragain is correct. Dead people cannot pay for weddings. Technically, it was money set aside by her mother ( according to the OP). Or it's money her father left her, and she is paying for the wedding. 

Semantics aside, my comment was more for the fact that if people can't handle that comment from CMgragain than they really shouldn't be posting on snarky brides. It was a tame comment.

ETA: Paragraphs. 

• CMGragain said:

It was rude to say that the money that her father, who passed away, put away for her wedding was not hers. She should be thankful that her mom gave her her own money? Her dad specifically set this money aside for his daughters wedding, and gave it to her mom TO HOLD ON TO until his daughter was to be married. There might have been worse things on here to you, but to me, this was crossing a line you don't cross.
  • I'm very sorry about the OP's father, but CMgragain is correct. Dead people cannot pay for weddings. Technically, it was money set aside by her mother ( according to the OP). Or it's money her father left her, and she is paying for the wedding. 

Semantics aside, my comment was more for the fact that if people can't handle that comment from CMgragain than they really shouldn't be posting on snarky brides. It was a tame comment.

It's not me who is the one who has to handle it. Also, I'll post what/where I want, thanks for that advice.

Sometimes it's not about what was said, but how it is said. This girls father is dead, not coming back...this was the one thing he really wanted to do for her. Think how that comment would make you feel if you were in the situation.
  • AddieCake said:
    I'm very sorry about the OP's father, but CMgragain is correct. Dead people cannot pay for weddings. Technically, it was money set aside by her mother ( according to the OP). Or it's money her father left her, and she is paying for the wedding. 

It's not me who is the one who has to handle it. Also, I'll post what/where I want, thanks for that advice.

Sometimes it's not about what was said, but how it is said. This girls father is dead, not coming back...this was the one thing he really wanted to do for her. Think how that comment would make you feel if you were in the situation.
    As Huskypuppy pointed out, this is the Snarky Brides board. I never understand why anyone posts here and then gets upset if something said is less-than-friendly. 
    I just think dead parents should be off limits is all, but it really doesn't matter now does it?
  • AddieCake said:

As Huskypuppy pointed out, this is the Snarky Brides board. I never understand why anyone posts here and then gets upset if something said is less-than-friendly. 
    I just think dead parents should be off limits is all, but it really doesn't matter now does it?
    Expect snark when you come to this board. Living relatives, or not. Also, nobody dissed the dad here to begin with.

Hit that chill button.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    AddieCake said:

Expect snark when you come to this board. Living relatives, or not. Also, nobody dissed the dad here to begin with.

Hit that chill button.
    Oh, you got me!
  • CMGragain said:

WUT. I am far from the biggest fan of this particular poster's antics, but there is nothing rude about this. Relax.

• Well since you said so...
  • Well since you said so...
  • Dance party!!!!!!

• Yeah, I misread what she said. I understood it as her dad passed and before he did, he had money set aside for her wedding....so dance party anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards