Chit Chat
Options

What makes you feel young?

jenna8984jenna8984 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited December 2014 in Chit Chat

We all know there are so many things making us feel old- marriages, babies, divorces, mortgages, going to bed early, orthopedic slippers (<-- lolo), not knowing a single artist on MTV, etc...

So what things make you feel YOUNG?! I haven't bought new jeans in about 6 years. Over the weekend, I bought two pairs from American Eagle (love how they are stretchy now!) and I was strutting around my house feeling all stylish and 22 again hahaha.

Re: What makes you feel young?

• Options
    When my students, who are seniors, compliment my clothes or my hair.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    FI is 6 years older than I am. That will always make me feel young ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Haha thanks for putting me on blast. :-p

I relish getting carded for booze. And hanging out with my sisters always makes me feel like we're still teenagers, even with our respective kids and husbands around.

• Options
    All of my clients are at least 80, and in fact I have to make special note if they are under 55.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am about to spend most of the day in my pajamas, playing a video game. Can't get much more kid-like than that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    My FI is almost 9 years older than me so whenever he is like "yeah that Phish show in 1994 was amazing" and I go "yeah I was 9 and in 4th grade" it makes me feel young haha.

Whenever I stay out until 1 am or later I feel very young because it happens so rarely haha.

I get to go to playgrounds and bouncy castles and fun stuff like that with my step kids which makes me feel young!

• Options
    Well, Everywhere I got I get told I am so young to be getting married, because to everyone I look like  a 15 year old and they wont believe I am 22.... 

I dont mind being told I look young, but 15?!! thats 7 years younger than I actually am

• Options
    JaniV123 So I know how you feel! I've gotten 13 several months ago. I feel like hiking makes me feel young and yoga.           
  • Options
    FI is 6 years older so he's bumped into the 30's club, along with all of his friends. Hanging out with them makes me feel young, since they are jelly that I'm still in my 20's. 

Being a personal jungle gym to FI's nieces makes me feel old. However, kids these days are still into The Lion King. That makes me feel young. 
  • Options
    I got carded at Best Buy a couple weeks ago for buying 2 rated R movies and I get carded at movie theaters all the time for the same.
  • Options
    i dont know right what makes me young. i go to bed at 10 get up before 7 to be at work at 8. i am tired by 9 sometimes even fall asleep on the couch. 1am is to late for me. oh and i also crochet and knit. 

but my Fi is 8 yrs older than me so that is probably the only thing that makes me feel young again. 

everyone, even my co workers, say something about being old and im only 25.
  • Options
    I was getting my nails done yesterday and my technician asked saw my wedding ring and said, "you're pretty young to be married. What are you? 19?" Haha. No.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    i dont know right what makes me young. i go to bed at 10 get up before 7 to be at work at 8. i am tired by 9 sometimes even fall asleep on the couch. 1am is to late for me. oh and i also crochet and knit. 

but my Fi is 8 yrs older than me so that is probably the only thing that makes me feel young again. 

Knitting while watching the Discovery Channel is one of my favorite ways to unwind!
    eyeroll
  • Options
    JaniV123 said:
    Well, Everywhere I got I get told I am so young to be getting married, because to everyone I look like  a 15 year old and they wont believe I am 22.... 

I dont mind being told I look young, but 15?!! thats 7 years younger than I actually am
    I am 23 and I look 15 as well and nobody ever told me I'm too young! Must be how we carry ourselves. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Since we got a blue ray player that streams, H and I have been watching a lot of music videos on YouTube, it makes me feel more hip* keeping up with that!

*saying "hip" makes me feel older though...

Anniversary
  • Options
    My FI is almost 9 years older than me so whenever he is like "yeah that Phish show in 1994 was amazing" and I go "yeah I was 9 and in 4th grade" it makes me feel young haha.

Whenever I stay out until 1 am or later I feel very young because it happens so rarely haha.

I get to go to playgrounds and bouncy castles and fun stuff like that with my step kids which makes me feel young!
    This totally cracks me up because, Phish. And my first Phish show was in '96. My ex was really into them, and I went to shows with him all the time. 

Anyway, my H is 7 years older than me and that too, makes me feel young. 
  • Options
    JaniV123 said:

Someone told me and H last week that we're too young to have kids, and that we should wait a few years. They were pretty shocked when I told them that we're 34 and 41. I've also gotten the "too young to be married." I know I look young, but it's an idiotic thing to say. 

I also was ID'd for an R rated movie last year. 
  • Options

This totally cracks me up because, Phish. And my first Phish show was in '96. My ex was really into them, and I went to shows with him all the time. 

Anyway, my H is 7 years older than me and that too, makes me feel young. 
    We still go a lot, my brother took me to my first show when I was 12 in 1997!  My brother and my FI were totally bonding over all the Phish shows they have been to (both have been to close to 200, I'm at about 30ish.)  

• Options
    I watch a fair amount of cartoons and animated movies, that helps. 

I am a chiiiiild.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Since we got a blue ray player that streams, H and I have been watching a lot of music videos on YouTube, it makes me feel more hip* keeping up with that!

*saying "hip" makes me feel older though...
    hahahah so true! That's hilarious

• Options
    IRL my fiance is 36, but he has the "soul" of a 70 year old- we joke that he came out of the womb as a 40 year old man.  I'm only 3 years younger, but it can feel like more just because he's an "old soul."
  • Options

I'm 34, DH is 41.  Friday we went skydiving for the first time! 

We typically live very old, boring lives (go to work, come home, in bed at 9pm).  So, we figure that every now and then we need to do something extreme to balance it all out and feel younger. 

• Options
    I still occasionally get carded for R-rated movies. I'm only 24 though so it doesn't take much to make me feel young, since I really still am.

• Options
    When I was 34 the flight attendant asked me if I was old enough to sit int he exit row. They thought I was old enough, but were concerned I might be 16 and had to ask. I think that she might have needed new glasses...half my age is pushing it, even though I do look awfully young. :p
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Getting ID'd usually does it, since it's getting to happen less and less now.  

And cheer.  Going to on the floor looking and being in better shape that many of the 17-22 year olds on my team makes me feel young.  And having them be shocked that I can do weights after a 2 hour practice whereas they're dying is nice too.  

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    mrsk616 said:

Knitting while watching the Discovery Channel is one of my favorite ways to unwind!
    i try to crochet every night it relaxes me.... wish i could do it at work as all i do is answer phones and surf theknot but i have a feeling id get pissed off worse than i already do
  • Options
    I got ID'd at a R rated movie  like 2 years ago and that totally made me feel young. Now since my life revolves around my toddler I feel young when I have a girls night out or a night in with friends drinking and playing board games.

• Options
    Haha thanks for putting me on blast. :-p I relish getting carded for booze. And hanging out with my sisters always makes me feel like we're still teenagers, even with our respective kids and husbands around.
    This! Oh dear lord I got carded the other day it made my week!
  • Options
    Whenever I help my grandparents out with XYZ technology. My mom got them a "RealPad" for Christmas which is some sort of android device, but with 24-hr AARP support. They freaking LOVE it. I loved showing them how to work everything.
  • Options
    Not to be the downer in this thread, but I feel young when shit goes down (like making a life changing medical decision for a parent) and I feel like I need an adult to make the decision.  Then I realize, oh shit, I am the adult.  

On a brighter note, I still love Spongebob (early episodes--the new ones are just weird).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards