November 2015 Weddings

Anyone out there? haha :)

13»

Re: Anyone out there? haha :)

• November 14th here! Wanted to do it sooner but my dad is deploying and won't be back until October. But I'm having fun looking at cold weather themes!
  • @lbailey886‌ we are wedding twins!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Denise40‌, great minds! It's gonna be a great day!
  • Hi everyone!  This is my first post, hooray!  I got engaged in November, 2014, and we just officially set our date for Friday, November 13, 2015.  Friday the 13th!  We really wanted October, but none of our venue/ceremony location choices were available on the same dates, and we sort of had to settle on this date.  I'm feeling slightly disappointed about November, because we live in Michigan and it'll be nice and brownish gray outside (not to mention cold).  I am SO excited to be getting married and truly cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with my fiance, so can someone please help me get over myself and tell me that the date is not the important part of this?  Anyone else experienced the blues about date settling?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It doesn't matter the date. You are marrying the love of your life. Enjoy your planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi everyone! While our date isn't definite yet, my fiance and I are looking at getting married on November 7th or 8th. We got engaged over the holidays.This is my second engagement...I learned a lot about the whole wedding planning thing the first time around, and have a much different (read: simpler) vision this time around. More than anything, I'm just looking forward to marrying my best friend!

Happy planning!
  • Congrats on your engagement @lolomilly‌
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 21, 2015!!
    So happy to have this little group of planning buddies!!

Congratulations & happy planning to all! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Same to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 7 here too!! I had Originally wanted Oct. 10 because October is my FAVORITE month plus we got engaged on Halloween ;) I was still a pirate when he proposed lol  Here in Texas the weather is perfect for October, but since everyone else knows it too, its super expensive! My Fiance wanted Nov 7th (7 is his favorite number apparently!) originally so when I was going over dates with my venue coordinator she said it would be cheaper, and voila! haha So cool to see how many of us there are! ;)
  • @Knottie44503869‌ where in Texas do you live?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 21st in Key West. We got engaged in November 2014 so I have exactly a year. I started planning pretty much right after she asked!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @sbe0984 : I started planning pretty much right after my FI asked, too. He must have thought I was crazy, but that's just how I operate--total opposite of a procrastinator, hahaha.

And I love Key West! FI and I went there last January for a couple of nights after visiting my aunt and uncle in Fort Myers. We had a blast--getting trashed by 8:30 every night. I think the best part was discovering the TRUE southernmost point in the U.S.....walking to the end of a pier and finding a purely naked man standing there, facing the sunset, and pointing to it with his....well, not his finger, lol!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Bahahaha wow.  What an trip!!

I'm such a non procrastinator that I've got ALL of the stationary down to the thank you cards chosen and started since I will be doing all of that on my own.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Looks like there are lots of us November 14th girls!  
  • Hi everyone! I guess I'll be the token Canadian lol. I'm from Calgary, Alberta and we'll be getting married here on November 7, 2015! 

We have a fair amount done for being so far out...and for having just got engaged on New Year's Eve! Venues are booked (ceremony & reception), I bought my dress, we picked the bridesmaid dresses and we just booked the DJ this week too.

I'm pretty excited! Glad to see lots of date buddies here :)
  • I'm getting married November 7, 2015!

I don't think it's too early to go dress shopping! I found a dress back in november And can't wait for it to come in at the end of March!
    How is everyone handling the stress of planning? My FI and I are paying for most of our wedding and with that comes a lot of stress and arguments! ( yes I said it...we argue while planning our wedding!) I am very fortunate to have a FI who is willing to do a lot of DIY for our wedding to help with the cost. We are making our own bouquets, center pieces, all the decor from burlap banners totree candle holders. We are also providing our own bar and making our own wine for the bar! ( much cheaper) but how has everyone else been handling the stress of paying and doing everything? ( we have a lot of offers for help with the wedding, but we havent cashed in on that yet) I feel at this point it's time to rock and roll with stuff. For the next 9 months it will be nothing but wedding planning and stress. I like to think the gym will be my outlet for stress but some days the gym just doesn't happen! And some days are so stressful that I need a break from planning all together! even with all the stress it is worth it! I cannot wait to marry my FI and start our lives as Mr &Mrs!
    Hope all the November 2015 brides are having fun through the stress of planning!

• Welcome! :)

I have a high-stress job so I handle stress well. There have been a few minor moments, but it's mostly from trying to get FI to participate in the wedding planning…he is such a procrastinator. But I'm okay handling most of the stuff on my own. 

We will also be making our own centerpieces--if they turn out the way I envision. Empty wine bottles with candelabras that fit in the top holding tea lights, and some fake fall foliage spread around the table with tea tights provided but he venue. We're not having much in terms of flowers, although the florist is the only vendor we still have to meet with. We've got the venue/catering, photographer, DJ/lighting, officiant, cake, hotel rooms blocked, honeymoon picked out, registry done. I've started dress shopping but have only been to one place--going to a second place at the end of the month. Starting the bridesmaid dress process at the end of the month, too.

I think my biggest headache will be getting the men's formal wear decided on. FI still hasn't even asked his groomsmen….again, procrastinator!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• tquire said:
    I'm getting married November 7, 2015! I don't think it's too early to go dress shopping! I found a dress back in november And can't wait for it to come in at the end of March! How is everyone handling the stress of planning? My FI and I are paying for most of our wedding and with that comes a lot of stress and arguments! ( yes I said it...we argue while planning our wedding!) I am very fortunate to have a FI who is willing to do a lot of DIY for our wedding to help with the cost. We are making our own bouquets, center pieces, all the decor from burlap banners totree candle holders. We are also providing our own bar and making our own wine for the bar! ( much cheaper) but how has everyone else been handling the stress of paying and doing everything? ( we have a lot of offers for help with the wedding, but we havent cashed in on that yet) I feel at this point it's time to rock and roll with stuff. For the next 9 months it will be nothing but wedding planning and stress. I like to think the gym will be my outlet for stress but some days the gym just doesn't happen! And some days are so stressful that I need a break from planning all together! even with all the stress it is worth it! I cannot wait to marry my FI and start our lives as Mr &Mrs! Hope all the November 2015 brides are having fun through the stress of planning!

Welcome and congrats. What are the tree candle holders? It sounds like something really neat. My fiancé has been working out of state so I've been doing most by myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 13, here! Saw a previous comment about the numbers being 11.13.15 and I didn't even notice it until a few months ago. Told my fiance to pick either Halloween or Friday the 13th (the number 13 is my lucky number and I love superstitious holidays) and he picked Friday the 13th; we wanted to get married in the fall and lo and behold, we got 11.13.15! Getting married in Central PA at the Armstrong Valley Winery in Halifax. :)
  • @Alphonsonlisa Hey girl!!!hang in there..my situation is relatable on the financial issue..don't let it overwhelm you stay positive on what you can control..there are plenty of options I discovered to have a beautiful cost effective wedding..mine is nov. 6th this yr and my parents are have the money but are not willing to help and my fiancé's parents are willing to give all they have which I'm grateful but it's not a lot. Yes, of course there are times there's occasional breakdowns and pressure. Listen..you and your man create the wedding it's a celebration of you together..everyone tht loves and supports you will have a blast all the details us crazy brides think of they won't rele remember..all they will truly wanna remember are the memories and what a beautiful matrimony it is to witness:)
  • Ps: anyone getting married November 6th here? Mine is in Naples, Fl :) totally stoked..november is right around the corner for us!!!
  • @arrrghmatey way to go!!! Totally cool on friday the 13th..tht just proves there's no need to test the waters and complete confidence in eachother and your lives together!!my opinion..go for it!! Lol also have like craxks in tiles and stuff haha ;)
  • @emoc625 way to go!! Seems like you have s good head over it all under control .from now on out, I'm sure everythibg will fall into place..if u accomplished tht challenge u honestly will have the rest of planning a piece of cake!! :)
  • @esther123456 me too November 6th!!! How is your planning going?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards