Rhode Island
Options

Hyatt in Newport

Hi Ladies, I'm new to the RI boards, and was hoping I could get some feedback on the Hyatt in Newport, our wedding will be there this Aug. and it looks like there is a tasting in Feb. Is anyone else going to this? or has anyone been to one of these?

Thanks, Renee

Re: Hyatt in Newport

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Renee!  Welcome to the RI board!  I'm having my reception at the Hyatt in September and am going to the tasting in February.  Who are you working with?  I've been working with Tonianne and she's been fantastic so far.  Yay Hyatt brides!! :)
  • Options
    lwolf2001lwolf2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not going to the tasting. But im i am a July 3, bride outside.  Im working with Toni and she is awesome!
  • Options
    reneemelloreneemello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I have been working with Tonianne too, and I completely agree, she is fantastic! I'm excited for Feb. Looking forward to meeting you there!!!
    Is your ceremony going to be at the Hyatt also? If not, where are you having it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for the tasting!  I think it'll be so much fun!  We're actually having our ceremony at St. Mary's Church in Bristol (where I grew up).  I would've loved to have the ceremony at the Hyatt, but my Mom really wanted us to have the traditional church ceremony.  Are you doing your ceremony there?
  • Options
    reneemelloreneemello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation as you, I also have a mother that would like a church wedding, so our ceremony will be at St Anthony's in Portsmouth. I grew up in East Providence, but thought that was too far from Newport. I went to a wedding last year, at St. Mary's, it is beautiful, you're lucky that is your church!
    I am very excited about the tasting it should a lot of fun, with lots of good food and drinks!!!
  • Options
    priyamalanipriyamalani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Brides - Has anyone had their wedding at the Hyatt Regency Newport already?  I have been in communication with Tonianne who is super sweet but I would love to get someone's opinion on the food and any surprises with pricing before I book.  Thanks!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my wedding menu picked. Although I have not had a tasting yet. No surprises with prices but its a but shocking because you dont think it is that bad, but then they add 21% tip and 8% tax. So almost another 30% to your pp price you get quoted. Toni is outstanding!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also having my ceremony there. You can email me if you have any questions!
  • Options
    tiffmorrtiffmorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  I am also attending the tasting.  My reception is there in August.  I actually have been working with Steven James who has been very accomodating especially since my parents live out of state.  We as well are doing a church ceremony in Cranston although I would have loved to do it by the lighthouse!  So beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards