Chat and Thankful Thursday

2»

Re: Chat and Thankful Thursday

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Also, @ellis1228

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • minskat30 said:

No dog on the bed was one of my first rules with our dog.  He'd take up half the bed at 120+lbs.  He still puts his front paws/upper body on it in the morning though to smack H's head with his paw (that is his signal for H to wake up and take him out).  I find it secretly hilarious (the dog never does it to me because, duh, I'm Mommy...and also the "food lady"). 

This is hysterical!! 

I am the disciplinarian in our house. I have a serious "Mom voice" and Violet will ALWAYS respond to me. She runs to the neighbors EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. FI takes her out. She doesn't pull that shit with me. 

Yes, we still need to train her on the invisible fence. 

I know...I try not to laugh but the dog does is EVERY time (especially on the weekends when we try to sleep in).  My side of the bed is closer to the door and Rajah (our dog) will go around the bed just to get to H.  Even if I hear him and jump up to stop the pawing before it happens he tries to escape me so he can still wake up "Dad".  I think he thinks its funny or that H is more of a playmate.  :)

Like you, @GoldenPenguin , I'm the disciplinarian. I don't pull out the Mom voice often but when I do, someone comes a-trotting towards me.

• @minskat30 - please to video this happening? 

Also, my middle school best friend had this GIGANTIC Alaskan Malamute named Rajah. It's such a perfect name for a big, fluffy snuggle muffin. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @audrewuh, I can't see your photo. :(
  • --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @GoldenPenguin - I promise to get a video and attempt to try to post (my picture posting skills suck so I'm not sure how to do a video but H has a few of Rajah on YouTube so he knows how to do it).  Rajah was the most fitting name for him...he acts like the king of the castle.

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    audrewuh said:
    So. Cold. 

The pups were really upset they weren't allowed in the bed this morning. Since moving to Dallas, we've started a new policy of no dogs in the bed. I'm not sure who it's harder on, them or me. But, I have noticed I'm sleeping through the night a lot better without Stevie marching across my face.

We made this rule too, when we moved into the house. Violet was doing really well, and not even asking to jump on the bed, until we got back from Christmas. She's jumped up at least five times since, and I make her get down immediately - but then this morning, she jumped up on FI's side, and he spooned with her for like 15 minutes. And I wonder why he's the favorite... 
    ^^^this is what happens with us!!! Callie is not allowed on my bed, if my bf is around she'll jump on the bed and he'll spoon with her.  She will actually look at me when she does it because she knows she's not supposed to be on the bed, but then goes to him. She also will look to me when he gives her a command, as if she's saying "Mom do I have to listen to him?" Should be interesting once we're living together since he says she will not be allowed on any furniture. 

Thanks everyone for the heat vibes! Maintenance guy is here now.  My desk has been a social hangout today since it is the only warm spot.  

@audrewuh have you tried intimacy (think that is how they spell it)?  My best friend, I think she's a H now, swears by them.  They're pricey (pretty much the same as VS), but actually pretty bras for girls that can't fit in VS. 

*eta I swear I use spell check!
  • @speakeasy14 I haven't tried intimacy. I try not to spend too much on bras, but that may change now that I'm finally getting a decent income. My MIL sent me a link to zulilly, because apparently they have a decent bra selection, but I have no experience with the website. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• @audrewah I'm so scared of buying bras online. They all seem to fit differently for me. Have you ever tried Soma? I have to buy old lady bras too and at least some of theirs are pretty looking while also being suitable for my massive old lady boobs.

Re: Dogs in the bed. I'm such a pushover. I always invite Cinders up in the bed when she asks, but she isn't allowed to sleep with us. The one time she spent the night in our bed was the night we had Bella put to sleep. H knew I needed some extra comfort that night. H is more of the disciplinarian than I am but I think Cinders listens more to me in general.

• I love reading all your dog stories! Our pup isn't allowed on the couch because he takes up too much room, but if I ever come home late my BF is typically spooning him on the couch. So now what the dog does is he'll walk over and put his head on your lap (adorable!), then after you scratch him a bit he puts a paw on your lap and stares up at you (suuuuper adorable!), then he puts another paw up and acts like he wants to hug you and puts his head on your shoulder (cutest ever!), but then next thing you know he's trying to work a back leg up slowly and sneakily....... I know it's going to happen, but I truly can't help but let it.

• @andrewuh - I love Zulily...but I don't know that I'd buy bras there.  I only buy stuff that I don't have to try on or that I'm nearly 100% sure will fit, since you usually can't return stuff.  I also bought about 85% of my Christmas gifts from them and got some great steals.  The website itself is great and easy to work with, and I've never had any problems with their customer service.
  • AlPacina said:
    I love reading all your dog stories! Our pup isn't allowed on the couch because he takes up too much room, but if I ever come home late my BF is typically spooning him on the couch. So now what the dog does is he'll walk over and put his head on your lap (adorable!), then after you scratch him a bit he puts a paw on your lap and stares up at you (suuuuper adorable!), then he puts another paw up and acts like he wants to hug you and puts his head on your shoulder (cutest ever!), but then next thing you know he's trying to work a back leg up slowly and sneakily....... I know it's going to happen, but I truly can't help but let it.
    hahaha Callie does this too, but just the hug part.  If she does something wrong, and you're sitting down, she will try to put her paws on your shoulders then gives a hug.  
  • Violet does the paw thing. If you stop petting her for .2 seconds - PAW. She also does the thing where she pushes her nose under your hand. Cute? Of course. Annoying? YUP. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Minskat30 @GoldenPenguin - The 'Pyr Smack' is a dog breed trait ;)  You're eating something they want - SMACK; you're not paying attention to them - SMACK. @Minskat30 - I'm going to PM you about joint stuff

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - What do you mean by smack? My dog jabs his nose into EVERYTHING. I've never understood it. If he has nothing else to do he just walks around and jabs his nose forcefully into all the random items he can reach on tables/shelves/etc.

• Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    @AlPacina - by Smack I mean they lift their big giant paw up and slap you with it - how light/hard they hit you tends to go hand in hand with how long you've been ignoring them.  My pup is generally gentle with pawing at me but he whaps H pretty good.  Nessie (newfie) can be a 'nose-jabber' too when she wants something.

This is kind of what a smack looks like -- see big paw in the air ready to hit the German Shepherd?  He wanted her attention 'cause she wouldn't play with him - this was before he became over protective of me.
    **Edited for photo reference -

Anniversary
  • I know @Dignity100 - everyone over on the Great Pyrenees message board laughs about the pawing but it can HURT. THANK you for the supplement list.

@AlPacina - "The Paw" sort of looks like THIS - this is one of the few videos H has on YouTube of Rajah.  Rajah loved our condo patio and would sit right by H's desk and paw him to get outside.  The video isn't the best but you can see the paw in action at about 43 seconds into it and again at 1:15 before Raj figures out the patio door is already open. 

• HAHAHAHA!! That was great, @minskat30! I love it when Vi's lips get stuck on her bottom teeth like that. It makes them look so goofy!

• @minskat30 - now I want a HERD of Pyrs.  I love Nessie and the Newfoundland breed, but the pyrs just have my heart.  I love how difficult they are, I even have grown accustom to being ignored.

Anniversary
  •  

@minskat30 - now I want a HERD of Pyrs.  I love Nessie and the Newfoundland breed, but the pyrs just have my heart.  I love how difficult they are, I even have grown accustom to being ignored.

So true! Especially "stay".  Raj's version of "fetch" only works with sticks and one (just one particular) orange ball and then it works like this..."Ha you threw the stick, I'm going to run and get it.  What you want it back? Well, why, it's mine.  I mean, I guess you can chase me for it if you want to get some exercise...catch me, catch me if you can little human. Alright you caught me.  Wait...WHY did you throw the stick again? Stupid human...you go get it this time."

I told H that if we ever won the lottery I'd have a herd of Pyrs.  Huh...maybe that's why he doesn't play the lottery? 

• There is way too much cake in my office today. One of the birthday women brought in a cake sampler, and the other's nephew just surprised her with mini bundt cakes. Time to close my office door and try to resist all temptation...

• I am definitely enjoying this thread with the funny dog stories today. 

I worked until 2 am last night with China, but came in at noon today, so that's a plus. I haven't heard anything from my friend yet (if we are even still friends....I'm pretty sure she is livid so I have no idea). But I definitely feel like I did the right thing, and I hope that she eventually matures enough to realize that she is acting like a brat and forgives me. 

I am grateful for all of the wonderful NEY ladies, for keeping me sane before FI proposed and for keeping me entertained between meetings during the day when I have nothing to do. I hope that I get to meet some of you in person soon, because I certainly feel closer to many of you than I do to some of my IRL friends. 

I am grateful for my wonderful FI, who goes grocery shopping, cooks for me, and cleans while I am working until 2 am. 

And I am grateful for friends and family who are all so supportive of us getting married. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards