Not Engaged Yet

Monday!

Hey guys! How was everyone's weekend?

I'm in a surprisingly good mood for a Monday. I got a bunch of wedding stuff done - ordered a sash off of Etsy, found shoes I may order, basically finished our wedding website, spoke with someone who had their wedding at my venue who's willing to sell me the strands of globe lights she used for about 50% of what I'd spend if I bought them new, AND both my MOH and youngest sister bought their bridesmaid dresses :-)

I didn't leave my apartment other then when I went food shopping this weekend, and it was lovely. We watched all 10 episodes of the Amazon show "Transparent" which was REALLY good. 

Tonight, I'm looking forward to watching The Bachelor and drinking wine. Other than @southernpeach89 - who else is watching???
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Monday!

• I will be watching The Bachelor tonight too! Obviously.

This weekend was really nice. Friday we went to a housewarming party that was fun, I saw a bunch of my friends from high school.

Saturday we went and looked at all the homes that our realtor has sent us and we found a neighborhood that we really liked. It's North of us by about 20-30 minutes but it's close to where we lived before this. Since it's still pretty early, we told our realtor that if more houses come on the market through this neighborhood then we would definitely be interested in looking. That night we went out to dinner and just relaxed.

Sunday we went to church and watched football for most of the day. I took a nice LOONNNGGG nap for like 3 hours. Then we had chicken for dinner and went to bed.

Today we are finally picking up our car that has been in the shop for the past couple weeks. Then I'll probably go to CrossFit and make dinner and watch the Bachelor!
  • Hi ladies! I will probably watch the Bachelor tomorrow night while DH is out to dinner with a work colleague. This weekend was really nice. We went out for about an hour Friday night, then headed home. Fritz ended up being sick, so I slept on the couch and cleaned up his puke most of the night (ok, that part wasn't so nice).

Saturday, I was so tired that I literally parked myself on the couch ALL DAY. Until 7'ish when I jumped in the shower. DH and I went out to dinner and then I met one of my girlfriends out. We had a great time.

Sunday I took all of our Christmas decorations down (don't judge), went for a 3 mile run, did two 30-day challenges, and had a budget discussion with DH. Then we went and watched football and smoked hookah (I do not get why that's even a thing?). Now I'm late for work and DGAF.... happy Monday!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Morning everyone! I had a nice relaxing weekend here. Worked Saturday morning, then watched the Ravens game. We're bummed the Ravens are out of the playoffs, but at least it was an exiting game. Sunday I went for a nice long run since it was finally above freezing here. Then I made fudge, cleaned the house, and had my mom over for dinner. I learned how to crochet recently, and I finished my first scarf while I watched the golden globes last night. Today we're having a nice/sleet/gross winters mix storm, which has made everything a mess.
  • @hummingbird125, yay productivity!

@southernpeach89, glad you found a neighborhood you like!

@cu97tiger, I'm not judging you for not having your Christmas decorations down until yesterday. My mom's are still up and mine didn't get up this year ... oops.
    ---
    Morning, ladies!

Friday night FI and I worked on the Netflix queue and I knitted.

Saturday morning I worked on the work that followed me home (two documents received Friday due Monday ... GRR), and in the afternoon and evening I knitted. We went to BWW to watch the Panthers-Seahawks game, which was fun (and overly filling).

Sunday we moved my brother back into the dorm. January moves are easy, parking and carts are no big deal and we had everything upstairs, unboxed, and boxes flattened in less than 2.5 hours. Got to watch part of the Cowboys-Packers game, but needed to help my mom for a bit in the middle - she needed to look for greens for the wedding flowers. We didn't find any, but she might use ivory ribbon instead for filler. Then FI and I went home and watched the end of the early game (in which, as far as picks are concerned, all is right with the world) and watched Luck upset Peyton. I finished the followed-me-home work in the evening.

Tonight we're going to my parents' place so I can block a baby afghan for his sister - she's due at the end of the month, so I'm cutting this one close. Can't wait until I have my own blocking room!
  • Morning ladies.  @Cu97Tiger and @KeptInStitches - my decorations are still up and I don't want to take them down.  If there is still snow on the ground its ok to have them up...in my world at least.  :)

We had a good weekend.  My family did work on our basement bathroom on Saturday, they stayed over Saturday night and we all went to Mexican food.  Yum.  Sunday it was more work...all of the appliances other than the dishwasher went into the kitchen (though the stove isn't hooked up  yet).  Just a few more days and the kitchen should be done other than a few lights and painting.  I'm so excited to be able to cook again!

• This weekend was good, but busy. In fact being back at work isn't so bad.  I had 3 shows this weekend, they all went really well and we had some good audiences.  My H, my parents and some friends came to see it this weekend.  I also had rehearsal Saturday morning for the other show I'll be in.  Sunday after my show I met up with my family for dinner. I got to see my baby niece, she is so cute!!! I'm so glad I have nowhere to be tonight

@hummingbird125 yay for getting wedding stuff done

@southernpeach89 I'm glad you found a neighborhood you like!!!

@cu97tiger I took down the Christmas tree this past week I still have Christmas decorations around the house though... I hope to get those put away this week.  I think one time I left my tree up until March (I have a fake tree)

Anniversary

• Ugh, Monday, you're here again.

Friday night we dropped the girls off at their dad's and did absolutely nothing else, even ended up in bed before 10. It was wonderful.

Saturday we went to the bank and changed my name. It wasn't too bad, the guy we were working with was nice and chatted us up so it wasn't too painful. We made a quick trip to the store on our way home, and I spent the afternoon building our new desk while DH straightened up. I made this super delicious smothered chicken recipe I found on Pinterest (CLICKY). Not one bit of it was healthy, but it was SO GOOD.

Sunday we overslept. I set my alarm for 7, but didn't check to see that it was set for Mon-Sat, so we overslept by 45 minutes. Luckily we still made it to church in time (we were working the morning service). I ended up editing mostof the day before my senior session. The girl had such pretty skin and was so photogenic, definitely going to make my editing easier.

• @lmcooper86, congratulations, homeowner!
  • congrats, @lmcooper86!!!!  please share some photos when you have a chance!!

I still have to take down my Christmas decorations.  going to work on it when I'm off on MLK Jr. Day.  I need to get winter wreath and welcome mat for the front porch to replace my Christmas stuff.  the house is going to look so bare inside with out all the Christmas stuff! 

I had a very laid-back weekend.  Friday I went to my appointment and slept most of the day after that.  Saturday we didn't do much, just ran some errands, cleaned up the house, napped, watched stuff.  Sunday we went to church, and hung around.  it was nice to have a quiet weekend.
  • @lmcooper86 yay!!!!! Congratulations on the house!!

Peaseblossom55 I'm glad the shows went well and had good audiences! I used to do ballet and theater, and a bad audience really does change your entire performance.  

minskat30 Yay for almost having your kitchen back, can't wait to see the final product!!

cu97tiger No judgement here.  Personally I think Christmas decorations should stay up until winter is over; it is less gloomy when everything is lit up.

Hummingbird125 That is an awesome amount to have accomplished and from not leaving the house!

This weekend I got all of my cleaning done and started packing. I purposely cleaned my bedding last, because as soon as it came out of the dryer I snuggled up and went to sleep.  Freshly cleaned and still warm sheets are the best!

We're in a weather advisory today because it is below freezing and raining, and the rain will change to sleet & freezing rain throughout the day.  It wasn't horrible when I left for work, but we'll see what it is like this evening.  

• @lmcooper86 - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do you have pictures you can show us?? 

@speakeasy14 - your gif makes me so sad for that puppy!! Poor little guy!

I had a fairly low key weekend. Friday and Saturday I worked - we had basketball games both days. I was able to get home by halftime of the Pats game on Saturday, thank goodness, so I saw most of the good stuff :) We ordered wings, which were delicious. 

Yesterday FI & I went to BBB to finish our registry. We have ALL. THE. THINGS on our list. I keep thinking of how we're going to have the house decorated & such once we get settled with things. It makes me happy :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

@lmcooper86 Congrats on buying a home! Share pictures soon!! Is it move in ready or are you doing anything to it before you move in?

@Hummingbird125 I'll probably watch the Bachelor tonight...unless we end up watching the Oregon game.

@cu97tiger No judgment from me! I just got the rest of my Christmas decorations taken down this weekend too. It rained the weekend before and then we weren't in our house all week so our lights FINALLY came down on Saturday.

H and I didn't do much this weekend. I  made a Stouffer's frozen lasagna for dinner Friday night cause I didn't want to cook and we pretty much ate off that all weekend long. Saturday we finished taking down the rest of our Christmas décor and putting it all away. Sunday we did NOTHING! I read a book most of the day and played with the dog and H played games with his friends. It was the bestest. I also made a major dent in tossing, giving away, and organizing some wedding décor. I have a box all ready to go to @GoldenPenguin this afternoon full of bubble wands from our reception exit, my headband, and some special treats for Violet. I also gave my baskets I used for our programs, bubbles, and the flowergirl basket to one of @southernpeach89's friends who is getting married later this year. I probably could've sold them on Craigslist for $20 but this was easier and now I don't have to deal with random people emailing me.

I also made a bunch of ribbon roses out of ribbons from wedding gifts. Guys, what do I do with these now? Some of the larger ones actually came out really nice and I suppose I might use them in a shadow box...but I seriously have like 20 "roses" hanging out on my desk now.

• @Hummingbird125 - Yay for wedding checks!

@southernpeach89 - I'm glad you found a neighborhood you like! One question: Is it on septic? ;-)

@cu97tiger - No judgment here! We just got ours down last weekend, but our neighbors still have them up.

@TwoDimes - Sounds like fun! I like hosting, but always go overboard on the food.

• @ollie08 -Unfortunately I think it is : ( The neighborhoods up North are mainly all on septic so we will have to have a conversation with our realtor about this and get her opinion.
  • @lmcooper86 - How did I miss that?! Congrats on the house. Did you AW pics?

@LaPeanut1018 - would any of the smaller ones fit in a glass or clear plastic Christmas ornament?

• Monday is so far going well. Pretty quiet. This weekend was crazy and a lot of fun. FI and I went to see a venue but it was out of our price range. We also went horseback riding from our LivingSocial deal and got drinks with one of my good girlfriends. Also celebrated early birthday because my birthday is Wednesday!

I think I may watch Bachelor tonight.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks everyone! I am so happy it worked out and very relieved that we will actually have somewhere to live! I have pictures in my email but for some reason they aren't saving on my work computer. I'll try again later or tonight when I get home.

@LaPeanut1018 - It's move-in ready (we changed to that approach after all of the fixer-uppers would have ended up with us pricing ourselves out of the neighbourhoods for resale), the only changes we want to make are cosmetic, and we'll need to finish the basement for FI's studio, but that will be ongoing.

The only downside is that we close 2 1/2 weeks before the wedding. We really had to negotiate on the closing to keep it from falling through, and I agreed to that date under the stipulation that FI has to move all of my stuff lol. We don't want to keep my apartment longer than necessary (end of April), and I won't be able to take any time off before the wedding; he'll have a few weeks off before the wedding so he's taking care of getting everything out of my apartment!

@GoldenPenguin - When I was at Crate and Barrel on Friday I was having major "I want to buy something for the house that we just bought" so I picked up THIS and 4 of THESE and thought of you. They were on serious clearance and now I have silly holiday stuff for next year!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 - OH MY GOODNESS!! My soon-to-be SIL showed me those at Christmastime!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Ollie08 That's a great idea! I still have some leftover ornaments I bought from Michael's so I can definitely do that!

• Good morning lovely ladies!

@MsSparky - The Golden Globes gave me a huge new list of movies to watch! I really want to see the movie Julianne Moore won for.

@KeptInStitches - What is blocking? And why does it need an entire room? haha

@TwoDimes - I'm so torn! I've been a Seahawks fan my whole life, especially after going to school in Seattle, but I've been a Packers fan ever since I learned to enjoy watching football.I rarely have to choose only one of them to root for.... I think I will be Switzerland for this game.

@lmcooper86 - New house?!? How exciting! Congratulations!...... Also, I love those glasses so much.

@LaPeanut1018 - What book are you reading? I need to start a new one now.

---------------------------

Friday night I got to go to happy hour and see a bunch of my work friends that I was in the student program with. We had a couple of beers, then went home and watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, which was beautiful to watch, as usual for Wes Anderson.

Saturday morning I watched most of the first season of Friends, and was a complete bum for most of the day. My BF is having serious tooth pain right now, and was not in the mood to do much this weekend. I gave him some leftover Rx pain pills I had and they made him super tired. Although he kept wanting lots of sex, because if we were doing it he wasn't thinking about the pain, haha. I do not remember how that day ended.

On Sunday we did a bunch of cleaning in the house, I took the dog to the dog park, and then my girlfriend and I watched Into The Woods. I thought it was fabulous! I was scared they were going to cut a ton out, but I think they did an awesome job at picking what to keep and what to cut. Although Meryl Streep was meh, compared to Bernadette Peters.

• Happy Monday Ladies

O-H-I-O Go Bucks!!  <<Sorry had to say it>>

Friday H had his poker night, so we had a quick dinner and he went on his way.  I watched TV.

Saturday Loki had his vet appointment.  He was super ornary and kept snapping at the vet (he was muzzled).  He's back on the heavy/strong allergy meds because we just cannot get him cleared up.  He seems to be in better spirits after 24 hours of being on them.  When we came home, H wanted to relax and watch Dexter - we had only 5 episodes left, so we knocked out two.  We did Game Night Take 2 and it went pretty well - we played Cards Against Humanity, some couples game that was like scattagories, and Pandemic (which we were just too tired for and is a little complicated).

Sunday - H slept in ALL day.  When he woke up, we finished up Dexter, I didn't hate the ending - but I could see where a few people had told me they were disappointed in it.  We went to dinner and out grocery shopping *yay food for the week*.

Tonight I work late and then will go home and fall asleep watching the Bucks vs Ducks.

I have to go back and read everybody's posts now :)

Anniversary
  • Morning, ladies! I am almost better, but this damn virus is going out with a bang (fatigue). Should be back at work tomorrow, and there's some stuff I can get done today at home.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @twodimes -Maddux had an escape escapade when he was around 3 months old. DH bought this play pen to put him in while we ran errands one day and he definitely got out. When we got home, he was laying down behind our recliner wagging his tail lol. It's like he knew he wasn't supposed to be running around. Funniest thing ever but also very scary!
  • @cu97tiger - I love smoking hookah!  It's one of Mr. H's and my favorite things to do.  But it's definitely not for everybody.

@KeptinStitches - I just took my Christmas decorations down yesterday.  Except my Christmas lights.  Because I like them and they make me happy, and I have a dissertation to finish.

I had an eh weekend.  Saturday I flew back to Oklahoma from Philadelphia; it was a long day of flying, especially because I flew through Dallas and so my first flight was PACKED with Ohio State fans heading to the game.  I came home and texted with Mr. H and couldn't get to sleep until late.  Yesterday was church and lunch with my family, then I took a 2-hour nap.  I was kind of in a funk all weekend because I found out Friday that 2 of my 3 classes this semester didn't make, which reduced my income by 1/3 and so obviously is super stressful.  I was super depressed because I thought I was going to have to quit my ballet classes--they're an expense that could be eliminated, but I really don't want to...and then Mr. H put on his "best boyfriend ever" hat and told me he'd pay for them so I don't have to quit.  We haven't merged finances yet, and I'm uncomfortable asking him for money, but he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Today is the first day of classes for my one class that did make.  I'm up on campus, settling in to my new office (finally got moved OUT of the cubicle farm!), printing off my syllabi, etc.  I have to head to the library here in a little bit to go through a source that just came in, and then I'm going to spend the rest of time until class working on job applications.  Tonight I have ballet, and I think I'm going to do a hot yoga class first.  I found a new studio in the same town as my ballet classes are in, and I loved the first class I took.
  • TwoDimes said:
    @twodimes -Maddux had an escape escapade when he was around 3 months old. DH bought this play pen to put him in while we ran errands one day and he definitely got out. When we got home, he was laying down behind our recliner wagging his tail lol. It's like he knew he wasn't supposed to be running around. Funniest thing ever but also very scary!
    I can imagine that finding Maddux out when you got home would be a funny surprise! And yes, it was an odd combination of hilarious and terrifying! Indy kept wiggling her butt and leading me around the house as if she wanted to show off everything she had gotten into. Haha!
    We had the same thing happen too! Cinders is a little escape artist. She was able to squeeze through her crate because we hadn't latched the bottom latch. We don't keep her crated anymore now that's she's older...but she's also figured out how to unlatch my parent's deck gate so she can let herself in to the backyard. I'm telling you, it doesn't stop with crate escaping! Did you still make it to the vet?

• @alpacina, blocking is finishing a (usually) knitted piece. It involves wetting the entire piece down and pinning it into shape. It needs its own room because you have to keep the cats out of it while it's air-drying and my mom still has the blocking boards (read: foam insulation boards) and basement (which had all my brother's stuff in it until yesterday). Once we get the office done at the house, I'll take the blocking boards and be able to do it at my place.
  • @TwoDimes - my girl I lost to cancer was in my mind one of the smartest dogs that ever lived.  She kept getting out of her kennel (and she was one that always found trouble and would have 'accidents' out of spite... they weren't accidents - they were intentionals to show me how she really felt about my leaving her).  Anyway - I couldn't figure out how she was getting out, I got home her kennel was all latched up, so I decided to watch her.  That little stinker learned how to unlatch her kennel door and she was smart enough to lock it back up!

Glad Indy didn't get into TOO much trouble, it could have been so much worse (as you already know).

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards