Chit Chat

Bump Lurkers?

Re: Bump Lurkers?

• arrippa said:
    We really should have an emergency meeting place for when we all get banned. 

There is still Treehouse that a lot of regs went out after the last kerfuffle here.

ETA: boxes...gr..

The Treehouse moves too fast for me! I can't keep up. Sad face. 
  • Wait someone who's a mod on TK was also a mod on TB and got banned from there? Or a poster here/mod there?

• sarahuflsarahufl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    arrippa said:

There is still Treehouse that a lot of regs went out after the last kerfuffle here.

I am trying out Treehouse (@lolo883 brought me over to the TTC board because, babies). I don't like the format there, so I can't do more than one board.

• arrippa said:

But I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Wait someone who's a mod on TK was also a mod on TB and got banned from there? Or a poster here/mod there?
    No mod as far as I know? I can't think of anyone else?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• BlergbotBlergbot member
    edited January 2015
    chibiyui said:
    So the reason people are maintaining silence/exiting in mass, is not because a bunch of regs got banned. It's because a bunch of MODS got banned--including one of ours. There was no warning, the new TOS was posted and she was immediately banned. I don't know that she was the best mod...she often told people asking stupid questions to fuck off, instead of deescalating situations, but I think the way it happened was not cool. The rumor going around about why this happened is due to a bunch of negative reviews of the app on Google Play.
    Is said mod banned on TK as well?

I've never seen her post here.
    Wait someone who's a mod on TK was also a mod on TB and got banned from there? Or a poster here/mod there?

No. She was just one of the mods on my Bump Month Board. ETA: I assume if you're banned on TB, then that goes for TK as well.
  • Blergbot said:
    chibiyui said:
    So the reason people are maintaining silence/exiting in mass, is not because a bunch of regs got banned. It's because a bunch of MODS got banned--including one of ours. There was no warning, the new TOS was posted and she was immediately banned. I don't know that she was the best mod...she often told people asking stupid questions to fuck off, instead of deescalating situations, but I think the way it happened was not cool. The rumor going around about why this happened is due to a bunch of negative reviews of the app on Google Play.

No. She was just one of the mods on my Bump Month Board.
    OH you meant "ours" as in "yours" not TK's. Got it.

• beethery said:
    My house.

I'm there, boo. 

Wild, ugly cackling.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Blergbot said:
    chibiyui said:

No. She was just one of the mods on my Bump Month Board.
    OH you meant "ours" as in "yours" not TK's. Got it.

Sorry for the confusion!
  • MagicInk said:
    arrippa said:

But I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DUDE. Tell those ladies to slow it down now. 
  • The Bump done lost their minds.
    sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.  I saw it right as everything was happening.  They started banning and deleting threads left and right, including several mods.  I guess the bump gods asked for input from the mods about improving the site, and then ignored their insight, sent an email stating what they planned to do, and when the email was met with warnings that it would not go over well on the bump, shit hit the fan.  At least, that's my understanding from lurking over there.  (Please don't ban me, just relaying what's already on there...)  XO is upset about their app reviews, I guess. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MagicInk said:
    arrippa said:

DUDE. Tell those ladies to slow it down now. 

Lol. I think it moves quick over here sometimes. Depends on the day I guess.
  • mrsdee15 said:
    I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.  I saw it right as everything was happening.  They started banning and deleting threads left and right, including several mods.  I guess the bump gods asked for input from the mods about improving the site, and then ignored their insight, sent an email stating what they planned to do, and when the email was met with warnings that it would not go over well on the bump, shit hit the fan.  At least, that's my understanding from lurking over there.  (Please don't ban me, just relaying what's already on there...)  XO is upset about their app reviews, I guess. 
    I imagine it's not just the App reviews, I believe the Bump Gods get a lot of emails/complaints as well. The App reviews are just public so people can see the complaints. 
  • I'm still a newbie here, but had to meander over there to take a look.  Holy mess- I came right back here where it's safe and snuggly, lol.  
  • Just out of curiosity, they talked about a past mass exodus a few years back.  Is that a thing that just happens every so often?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarahuflsarahufl member
    edited January 2015
    Looks like they pissed off the wrong folks. I can't stop lurking over there, it is like a car accident.

ETA: the first (almost) FOUR PAGES of TTGP are people protesting.
  • mrsdee15 said:
    Just out of curiosity, they talked about a past mass exodus a few years back.  Is that a thing that just happens every so often?  
    It happens over here too. I've been through 3 here. It usually follows a change to TOS.  And I suspect XO likes a good cleansing. TK and TB have always survived them. TN never recovered though, that one was due mainly to some massive technical issues. 
  • daria24 said:
    mrsdee15 said:
    Just out of curiosity, they talked about a past mass exodus a few years back.  Is that a thing that just happens every so often?  
    It happens over here too. I've been through 3 here. It usually follows a change to TOS.  And I suspect XO likes a good cleansing. TK and TB have always survived them. TN never recovered though, that one was due mainly to some massive technical issues. 
    Yeah, it sounds like they do like a good cleansing.  I always wondered why TN was so quiet.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no idea what is going on over there, but my afternoon will now go a lot faster.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• KatWAG said:
    beethery said:
    My house.

I'm there, boo. 

-----

I will bring the wine! I think 100 bottle should cover us.
    This party sounds like so much fun.
  • chibiyui said:
    Looks like they pissed off the wrong folks. I can't stop lurking over there, it is like a car accident.

ETA: the first (almost) FOUR PAGES of TTGP are people protesting.
    I've gotten distracted by the bad names on baby names. Please don't name your kid Cannon people.
    How about the people who wanted to name their baby Macklin? All I could think of was Parks and Rec

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards