Chit Chat

I have such a first world problem.

2»

Re: I have such a first world problem.

• H is working from home today because there was ice on the roads this morning. He is in my office, so I can't use my office. I also can't put on my usual dance party playlists to motivate myself to get the house clean, because he has to be on the phone with clients.

So basically I have to be quiet all day. I'm bored and I want to go back to bed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Jimmy Fallon is filming a Super Bowl show in Phoenix. I spent all morning refreshing the stupid website, and they sold out in 3 minutes. One of my friend's managed to get some. She said if her parents don't go, H and I can take their place. I feel bad, but  I'm really hoping they can't make it.
  • lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

That sucks! I hate when my gym schedule gets messed with, it can throw off my whole week (especially if I'm eating something carby and cheesy..)

My FWP: My nail polish started chipping 2 days ago and yesterday it all came off. I was too tired last night to repaint them so now I feel oddly naked.

Formerly martha1818

• kat1114 said:
    Jimmy Fallon is filming a Super Bowl show in Phoenix. I spent all morning refreshing the stupid website, and they sold out in 3 minutes. One of my friend's managed to get some. She said if her parents don't go, H and I can take their place. I feel bad, but  I'm really hoping they can't make it.
    I considered trying for tickets to that but then...it seemed like a lot of work and I don't want to leave my house Superbowl weekend. Or Superbowl week. It's like spring training time on steroids. 
  • VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    I have similar issues. All the classes at my gym are apparently geared toward either SAHMs or people who work 5 minutes away. I don't get home til 6 or a little after, so I'd need classes starting between 7-8 but there's nothing good in the evening. My Pilates studio used to have the perfect level 2 class at 6:30 but they changed instructors on me and I don't like the new one. What do these motherfuckers expect me to do, work out at 6am? Nope. Guess I'll just get squishyier.
    My gym has the oppisite problem. Everything is either before 8am or after 6pm. Like...I wanna go in the middle of the day to yoga though!!! I don't do early!!!! And after dinner I'm not fucking gonna work out. Just no to that. There's booze in my house, and I don't have to wear pants. 

You can't drink booze at the gym, and the make you wear pants. Bastards.
  • MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:
    Jimmy Fallon is filming a Super Bowl show in Phoenix. I spent all morning refreshing the stupid website, and they sold out in 3 minutes. One of my friend's managed to get some. She said if her parents don't go, H and I can take their place. I feel bad, but  I'm really hoping they can't make it.
    I considered trying for tickets to that but then...it seemed like a lot of work and I don't want to leave my house Superbowl weekend. Or Superbowl week. It's like spring training time on steroids. 

I was living in Phoenix for the 2008 Super Bowl. My friend and brother flew out to visit and we couldn't afford game tickets but we went to the "NFL experience" which is set up the entire week beforehand. It was awesome. We took pics with the Lombardi trophy and there were collectibles for sale, games for kids, it was fun!

• jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:

I was living in Phoenix for the 2008 Super Bowl. My friend and brother flew out to visit and we couldn't afford game tickets but we went to the "NFL experience" which is set up the entire week beforehand. It was awesome. We took pics with the Lombardi trophy and there were collectibles for sale, games for kids, it was fun!
    I went to that too in 2008 and loved it! I'm hoping to go again this year, but I'm not sure if we will be back up in Phoenix before then (we live in Tucson).
  • kat1114 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:

I went to that too in 2008 and loved it! I'm hoping to go again this year, but I'm not sure if we will be back up in Phoenix before then (we live in Tucson).
    I'm just not into football. It's cool that the Superbowl is coming, probably good for the economy, it's just...all. the. people. My dad and step-mom live pretty close to the stadium actually and discussed renting out a room or two to people for the game. They'd probably make a mint.

I was working at a hotel in 2008, so we got all the out of towners and people were pissed because at that time we couldn't serve alcohol on a Sunday before noon. That law has since changed. I got to meet Tim Hasselbeck, he was nice. One of my co-workers had to point out who the hell he was to me of course. And...there was another guy we met too...I can't remember who. Really everyone was pretty cool and tipped us a lot which was really nice. 
  • MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:

I'm just not into football. It's cool that the Superbowl is coming, probably good for the economy, it's just...all. the. people. My dad and step-mom live pretty close to the stadium actually and discussed renting out a room or two to people for the game. They'd probably make a mint.

I was working at a hotel in 2008, so we got all the out of towners and people were pissed because at that time we couldn't serve alcohol on a Sunday before noon. That law has since changed. I got to meet Tim Hasselbeck, he was nice. One of my co-workers had to point out who the hell he was to me of course. And...there was another guy we met too...I can't remember who. Really everyone was pretty cool and tipped us a lot which was really nice. 
    We might be moving back to Phoenix in the next few months, so I've been looking at places to live. I can't believe the number of places people are renting out for the Super Bowl that are not even near the stadium. I told  my mom she should just come stay with us SB weekend and rent her place.
  • I'm just annoyed at potential customers today.  This one guy was almost yelling and freaking out that (1) we do not have parking and (2) the closest parking lot is $20 a night.

Dude it's the French Quarter of NEW ORLEANS.  Our property was built in the 1700's before cars were even invited.    There is no place to put a parking lot.  Sure some places have been able to acquire land for a parking, others were able to tear down everything and build spots under ground.   Our place was not that one of those places

$20 for parking is not that bad. Try NYC, then you will see some real sticker shock.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I'm just annoyed at potential customers today.  This one guy was almost yelling and freaking out that (1) we do not have parking and (2) the closest parking lot is $20 a night.

Dude it's the French Quarter of NEW ORLEANS.  Our property was built in the 1700's before cars were even invited.    There is no place to put a parking lot.  Sure some places have been able to acquire land for a parking, others were able to tear down everything and build spots under ground.   Our place was not that one of those places

$20 for parking is not that bad. Try NYC, then you will see some real sticker shock.
    Hell, even in Detroit overnight hotel parking is more than that. And this is the Motor City where everyone drives everywhere!

• lyndausvi said:
    I'm just annoyed at potential customers today.  This one guy was almost yelling and freaking out that (1) we do not have parking and (2) the closest parking lot is $20 a night.

What a dumb dumb. 
  • lyndausvi said:

Hell, even in Detroit overnight hotel parking is more than that. And this is the Motor City where everyone drives everywhere!
    Seriously! When I go into Boston just for a day (not overnight) it's $35.

• I just started going to a new yoga studio near me (about 2 miles from work, 3 miles from home).  Most of the classes I'm most interested are at 5:30pm each day, which is perfect for me.  Most of their classes are weekends or weekday evenings. I'm also currently doing physical therapy for a back condition on Mon. & Fri. for about another month. I haven't done yoga for several years, so it's going to take some work to get my body back in shape, but need something to maintain all the progress I've made in therapy. I had originally planned to go to yoga Tuesday & Thursday after work and on Saturday morning.  Saturday after yoga class I was sore until Monday.  Then this week at PT, he worked me extra hard with new exercises and working different muscles, so I was super sore yesterday.  So, I didn't do yoga yesterday.  I'm thinking about going to a class tonight, but my legs are still sore from PT on Monday.  I figure if it hurts to walk, it will probably be nearly impossible to hold yoga poses for 1.5 hours. There is a good beginner class tomorrow, but I'm worried that yoga will make me sore, then PT will kill me again on Friday.  So, now I'm debating if I should push it or just hold off on yoga until Saturday. I know that it will get easier as I get into it more and get the muscles strengthened, but I kind of like my ability to walk too.  And don't want to push my weak ass body too far and do more harm than good. So, my current FWP is that my weak, lazy, first world body doesn't like getting started on a new exercise regime.

• One of my Pilates instructors won't modify her routine (she does pretty much the exact same thing every time) to accommodate my giant pregnant belly. Every week she does work where you're on your belly, even if there are just two people in the class (including me). So I have to research and come up with my own exercises while everyone else is doing something else.

After I give birth I'm going to drop her class, because it's Thursday evening, and H has a standing game night at the same time, so I'll have to stay home with baby anyway. Then I'll just have my Tuesday class with the instructor I like...but that means I'll have to do Pilates on my own at home, and I have no self discipline!
  • People's expectations never cease to amaze me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:

Ugh, seriously? DAYTIME parking at my office tower is $50/day and I don't live in a tourist city at all. People are idiots sometimes. Stay at a Holiday Inn off the interstate if parking is that important to you.

When I was a travel agent, I once had to explain to a client how time zones work with a globe and a flashlight like grade two science class. She came in with "You know how different countries are, like...different times? Is Europe a different time?!" so after five minutes of fruitless "Yes, it's several hours ahead of us because of its longitude" I gave up and got the globe and a flashlight from the toolkit. That was definitely in my top three most ridiculous client stories. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm on a conference call and the woman sitting closest to the receiver keeps coughing. I can't put it on speaker to prevent the cough from deafening my left ear because I share an office and don't want to bother my roommate.

• lyndausvi said:

I had my destination wedding in New Orleans last year... $20/night for parking in/around French Quarter is pretty cheap. I think most of our guests were paying around $30/day. Even more so when my dad tried to get tricky and swap around parking to cheaper temporary spots throughout the day.  He was literally 2 minutes late on picking up his car at one lot and they booted his car!  It cost him an extra $50 to try and save $10 on parking.

• amelisha said:
    lyndausvi said:

Ugh, seriously? DAYTIME parking at my office tower is $50/day and I don't live in a tourist city at all. People are idiots sometimes. Stay at a Holiday Inn off the interstate if parking is that important to you.

When I was a travel agent, I once had to explain to a client how time zones work with a globe and a flashlight like grade two science class. She came in with "You know how different countries are, like...different times? Is Europe a different time?!" so after five minutes of fruitless "Yes, it's several hours ahead of us because of its longitude" I gave up and got the globe and a flashlight from the toolkit. That was definitely in my top three most ridiculous client stories. 
    not only is it $20, but the parking garage extends in-and-out privileges to our guests/owners.  That is a deal IMO.   Not many places allow you to come and go as you please.  Add if there is a major event they still offer the same rate to owners and people staying a whole week.

sigh, I know some people do not travel, much but come on.  Paid parking a city is not something unique to NOLA.

• My FWP the two main buildings that make up my campus are not the same temparature. They are back to back and connected by a hallway so I didn't have to go outside, but I just had two classes in the new building and it was warm, now I'm in the old building for my next two classes and it's colder.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Idiots keep calling my work looking for new installation (we do not do it because 1. we don't manufacture our own stuff, and 2. it's a nightmare) and then asking for numbers of our competitors.

FUCKING GOOGLE SHIT YOURSELF. IT IS HOW YOU FOUND THIS NUMBER. GOOGLE IT.

Last week I came in early, and someone called at 7 while I was walking into the office. He asked for information on residential installation. 

Told him we don't do that, "Oh, well do you know anyone who does? 

So I sprint up the stairs and while I'm unlocking the door, he goes, "Never mind, you were taking too long, so I looked it up on my computer."

Sir, I hope you trip walking up your stairs. Asshole.

---

My first world problem is that I don't like googling shit for people.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• kat1114 said:
    MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    kat1114 said:

We might be moving back to Phoenix in the next few months, so I've been looking at places to live. I can't believe the number of places people are renting out for the Super Bowl that are not even near the stadium. I told  my mom she should just come stay with us SB weekend and rent her place.
    Seriously, wifey and I are near downtown. We should totally do it. We'll come down and visit you too.
  • The most I've ever paid for parking was $15 and that was in San Diego in a garage attached to the hotel right by the gaslamp district. 

I'm so used to parking lots being everywhere and free or cheap. 
  • MagicInk said:
    The most I've ever paid for parking was $15 and that was in San Diego in a garage attached to the hotel right by the gaslamp district. 

@magicink I was shocked when I lived out west and the beaches in CA were free (or like $5). It's a fucking Rhode Island State Parks law/fee (MA too) that all beaches are $28 to get in for the day. Even if you're an in state resident, it's like $15. Just to go sit at the ocean. So most of us go once per summer and spend the rest of the time at pools or lakes. It's fucking bullshit.

• jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    The most I've ever paid for parking was $15 and that was in San Diego in a garage attached to the hotel right by the gaslamp district. 

@magicink I was shocked when I lived out west and the beaches in CA were free (or like $5). It's a fucking Rhode Island State Parks law/fee (MA too) that all beaches are $28 to get in for the day. Even if you're an in state resident, it's like $15. Just to go sit at the ocean. So most of us go once per summer and spend the rest of the time at pools or lakes. It's fucking bullshit.
    That really is fucking bullshit. Hell in CA if you don't drive to the beach...it cost nothing to go to the beach. We lived there for a little while when I was a kid and we'd just take the city bus in so that we didn't have to deal with parking and possibly paying for parking. At least the public beaches. I know there are private ones with different rules but I am not fancy and did not ever go to those.

Damn even the Grand Canyon is only $25 per private vehicle. And there are free days to enter the park too. I just looked this up because I did not know, it's like almost 4 hours from where I live, I've been but I don't go a lot.
  • MagicInk said:
    jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:

That really is fucking bullshit. Hell in CA if you don't drive to the beach...it cost nothing to go to the beach. We lived there for a little while when I was a kid and we'd just take the city bus in so that we didn't have to deal with parking and possibly paying for parking. At least the public beaches. I know there are private ones with different rules but I am not fancy and did not ever go to those.

Damn even the Grand Canyon is only $25 per private vehicle. And there are free days to enter the park too. I just looked this up because I did not know, it's like almost 4 hours from where I live, I've been but I don't go a lot.
    Beaches are free in NC.

I can't believe they'd charge to let you go on the beach. You didn't make it, nature made it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I can't have a ton of caffeine because bun in the oven. I haven't had a latte in over a month. A MONTH.

I think this is what dying feels like.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards