Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bored...where's the bling?

Re: Bored...where's the bling?

• Options
    @Ourladyofpotato Your crucifix is beautiful!Fi got me a very thin gold chain with a 
    ''blue eye'' and a small cross,I don't take it off me.
    And I love these flats too,oh LACE!I'll propably will wear high heels,I've been
    eyeing some pairs but will def have a back up plan of bride lace flip flops.

• Options
    @marylab

I am lace OBSESSED. I need lace everywhere, it's outrageous. I've been looking at mantillas like this:

...and dresses like this...

...I have a problem. We have a ways to go (we're waiting for financial stability) but I just can't stop myself from looking at lace everything! I like the idea of heels and then backup shoes. I might be able to do heels for the ceremony but there's no way I could wear them for more than a couple of hours. But it's also an extra expense. Meh. If I had my way I'd just wear pretty socks and be done.
  • Options
    marylabmarylab member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @Ourladyofpotato Girl if you like it you can wear socks or even be
    barefoot,everything pleases you!
    And it's ok from time to time to go BSC and look at things.
    And I wish you to have your weddings when you both want :)
    If I had the brains years back to wait to be financial stable and not just hope for it happen,I would have saved me some breakdowns.Anyway,I love the veil,and the dress.I was BSC at least ten times :P and tried on gowns,I upvote the mantilla veil,
    the store that I'll end up getting the dress had some veils with lace on the bottom and I loved it.I'm a tulle person,but love some lace as detail,especially at the bottom of the dress.I love heels and totally want to wear a pair that I will wear again in the future,
    but with the amount of dancing involved second option is needed or I'll end up with
    dirty toes.I'm buying a nude,thin sole,thin flipflop and adding a sash or some sort.

• Options
    Ooh! I want to play!

@bethsmiles‌ OMG so excited for you!
    @GoldenPenguin‌ I LOVE that band.

I had two pairs of wedding shoes. My Zamberlan Vioz hiking boots that go on every hike with me, and some flats from The North Face. I had no sparkly pretty shoes but I had a pretty good response when everyone saw these pictures. Our photographer loved them.

Also ring pictures because...rings! This ring was my dream ring. Rather it was 4 or 5 different rings that I love individual things about so H designed this one for me.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    @dignity100 Yeah, I looked around for white gold with palladium, as well as plain palladium. But it was hard to find a brick and mortar store with those options.... And since we were saving so much on the center stone I figured... eh. Just go for it. I'm happy with the platinum, even though it's expensive. FI is going to get a palladium wedding band though. 

And guys.... I think we're going to buy our bands today. The more I think about it, the more crazed I get. I don't think I will ever know which band I want.... engraved, or diamonds, or plain, or migrain. I seem to be leaning most towards the engraved  bands and the milgrain. FI has said he thinks it would be nice to match, and that in a few years maybe I'll get an anniversary band. I won't count on that but... I want to be done! I like the idea of matching, and the engraved bands are more expensive, and maybe I won't like them after a few years? But mostly they're more expensive. 

UGH. It was so much easier picking a fiance! and an engagement ring! (though FI says I have a short memory when it comes to that)
  • Options
    @lilacck28 - Have fun looking for wedding bands today! That is so exciting! Don't put too much pressure on it :)

• Options
    Yay! I can't see your ring though :( The link just says they can't find the product. 

• Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    link should be fixed! Hopefully my anxiety level starts to decrease now that they've been purchased. :) 
  • Options
    Oh, I love it! It will look great with your engagement ring!

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @KeptInStitches‌ I don't think you use your hand if you wear that vine ring. Like those people who have ridiculously long nails.

@lilacck28‌ I love the rings you guys chose!

*sorry on mobile
  • Options
    @lilacck28, I love your rings!
  • Options
    thanks guys! 
  • Options
    @lilacck28‌ I love your rings! They go together so nicely too. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Here's my ring, and my dress.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @kipper88 I know someone with a very similar dress! Looks great!

• Options
    @lilacck28 LOVE the rings! 

@KeptInStitches I love that jewelry! It's all so elegant!

• Options
    @twodimes - I'm totally late to the party but I LOVE your ring!! I think the tapered 'matching' wedding band will look stunning with it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I am not sure about how popular this is, but I plan on wearing my wedding band on my left hand and switching my e-ring to my right. E-ring is awkwardly shaped, making a wedding band difficult to put underneath. 
    My e-ring + wedding band:
    (not my hand)

His wedding band: 

• Options
    @bride2b71614 FI's mom does that! And I think many women did that in the past! I considered it as well, in case I couldn't find a band to fit with my marquise ring (though it ended up being high enough to sit flush with many bands.) I probably would have kept wearing my engagement ring on my left hand, and worn my wedding band on my right though... since I'm right handed and a band is less obtrusive. That's definitely against tradition, but oh well!
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin love!! It'll be so pretty with your ring. :)

• Options
    @goldenpenguin

It will be SO gorgeous! Are you wearing it as a set with your engagement ring, or on different hands? and, for the record, I'm not really an eternity hater, more... a paranoid beater-upper of rings!
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin, I just noticed your countdown. It's getting so close!

• Options
    @blackbird230 - SO CLOSE. I'm starting to panic, haha. I just had such a "we have PLENTY of time" attitude, and then we bought the house, and then all of a sudden it's January, and it's under four months and HOLY SHIT THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!! Exactly 110 days - we're almost in double digits!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin I love it! I'm not necessarily an eternity hater either... my fingers fluctuate a lot, so I'm all for being able to have a ring resized. I think it's a beautiful ring, and when paired with your e-ring, well, people are gonna need sunglasses to look at your ring finger. I can't wait to see pics of your e-ring with your band!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards