Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to word the registry card...?

Hello! 
I am going to be putting a registry card in the invitation. I don't want it to seem like we are begging for a gift so I'd like some ideas of how to word it to make it sound nice. I was thinking something on the lines of "We do not wish to receive any special gift from you. The gift of you coming to celebrate is enough for us. If you wish to give us a gift we are registered at....." Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks! =)

Re: How to word the registry card...?

• mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    tbs23 said:
    Hello! 
    I am going to be putting a registry card in the invitation. I don't want it to seem like we are begging for a gift so I'd like some ideas of how to word it to make it sound nice. I was thinking something on the lines of "We do not wish to receive any special gift from you. The gift of you coming to celebrate is enough for us. If you wish to give us a gift we are registered at....." Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks! =)
    Super simple way to remedy this:

Registry cards are poor etiquette in your invitation. Don't include those. This information belongs on a wedding website or verbally passed. I would inform my bridal party and my parents and any other person that may be asked. But this info does NOT get included on an invitation to the wedding. Shower, yes. Wedding, no. And please don't include the "We don't want a gift from you..." (however you want to flower it up) That gives the impression that you were expecting gifts to begin but you're telling people, "Please, don't worry yourself with them."

Now how simple was that?! :)

• Wonderful! Thank you so much! I think it is so tacky to have it printed right on the invitation and wanted to avoid that! I really appreciate your advice! 
  • Okay! That's good to know! The last few weddings I have been invited to had those cards in there and I thought they were silly, but I just thought that everyone did it, so I had to do it too. Thank goodness that I decided to post this! Thank you!!
  • tbs23 said:
    Okay! That's good to know! The last few weddings I have been invited to had those cards in there and I thought they were silly, but I just thought that everyone did it, so I had to do it too. Thank goodness that I decided to post this! Thank you!!
    Yeah, people get those cards from where they register from and believe they need to include them in their invites as instructed by the people that help them create the registries. These people care about making money, not etiquette. Which, I can't really blame them :) That's their job. But yes, it's terrible etiquette to include these.

• No, you are not only not required to include registry information, but it's inappropriate to mention gifts at all.
  • Good on you for deciding not to do this.

Registry info anywhere on/in an invite is an etiquette no-no. In this day and age, if someone wants to know where you're registered they google your name + the word "registry" and BOOM. Or they'll just ask if they don't know how to do that.
    *********************************************************************************

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Out of curiosity, tbs23, have you not spent time lurking on here?  It shows you've been on TK for FOUR FREAKING YEARS now...but you've never bothered to pick up this little tid bit of invitation etiquette in all that time?

OP - my apologies, I didn't see your response.
  • Yeah, I joined long before I started posting to play with the inspiration boards and other things. I know lots of women also join when they are bridesmaids for another bride.
  • mlg78 said:
    Out of curiosity, tbs23, have you not spent time lurking on here?  It shows you've been on TK for FOUR FREAKING YEARS now...but you've never bothered to pick up this little tid bit of invitation etiquette in all that time?

This seems harsh. She's allowed to ask questions. Same as you when you first started posting about your wedding. I'm sure you could have just history searched everything and become an expert but you didn't. Neither is she. So chill.
    *********************************************************************************

• mlg78 said:
    --

• Geez, guys...I didn't see her response!  Many of you have been snarky...apparently others aren't allowed to, I guess.  OP - my apologies.
  • edited January 2015

mlg78 - Thank you for apologizing.

• tbs23tbs23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards