Not Engaged Yet

Bored...where's the bling?

124»

Re: Bored...where's the bling?

• I'm getting married a little later than @goldenpenguin (May 24th) and I just had a COMPLETE freakout this weekend! Since I booked the photographer back in June I had the same attitude "al the time in the world, ladida!" But this weekend when it was exactly 4 months away, I realized, oh no! I still have to order invitations/ sign a hair and makeup person... and all those little DIY things! AHH! Plus, I start working on Saturdays again in March, so I see my free time to do all those DIY and hair trials, etc. disappearing.

Sidenote: I thought I was going to design my own invitations... because... artist. But now it's four months away... no time! I might end up doing the same with table numbers and place cards and just using what the venue has. I think I'll be mad at myself if I don't do SOME pretty things that I make myself. BAD PROCRASTINATOR LILACCK!
  • @lilacck28 Ahhh don't say that! I'm in that "I have infinite time!" mindset right now. I mean, I still do, but I've had a few nightmares where I forget to book/DIY/send things in a timely manner... Also, Wedding Paper Divas is having a 25% off sitewide sale right now. They have some really cute invitations and paper goods. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lilacck28 - OMG SAME. I was all set to paint my own invites, etc. NOPE. Thanks, minted.com. Haven't had a single thought about place cards. I might nix the card numbers depending on how I feel about the longs tables, so I'm okay with that... but... EEEEEKSSSS!!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Ugh so the earrings won't work. The dress (link because I am obsessed with it) has a high collar. They will probably snag, so back they go. I think I have a pair of pearl studs lying around somewhere, so if I remember to find them later, I'll update with a picture of those.
  • I had the wedding-is-so-close freakout on Sunday. My BMs and I went shopping for dresses. The consultant had me sign a sheet stating that if the girls ordered this week they would come in MAY 14. That sounded so close to me! If the girls wait a month to buy dresses then they come in JUNE 14. Bananas! So 3 out of my 4 BMs ended up buying their dress on Sunday. It's definitely creeping up so quickly!
  • These were in my jewelry box - looks good to me for the earrings! The necklace is unchanged.
    imageimageimage
  • @eilis1228 @goldenpenguin

I ordered a TON of samples from both wedding paper divas and minted. They both have nice designs. Here's my takeaway: Minted's standard paper is a touch nicer because of the heavier stock (110 lb vs 120 lb); Minted also ends up being about $100-$200 more expensive. BUT, with minted they'll do all your addressing. ALL OF IT. and it looks really pretty, not just... like you did it through Microsoft word. I think that's swaying me towards minted right now... because I have terrible handwriting. 
  • @goldenpenguin - Why would ANYONE hate on eternity bands? More bling = AWESOMESAUCE. Also, I have an eternity wedding band, so who cares about those other people ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @lilacck28- I love the invites! They are so pretty and colorful!

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    Thank you! Invitation cost is one of those things that just... gives me hives! It will be like... $500 (includes 75 each of invite, rsvp, enclosure card, addressing, return addressing). Plus postage! Ahh! That's more than FI wedding band cost, and just a touch less than what mine did! And everyone will throw them out! But then, I'm so picky when it comes to art/ paper/ etc, and now I'm too lazy to make them myself  that... well...  guess I have to. Wedding paper divas would be more like $350-$400 (for 75 each of invite, rsvp, enclosure card). But FI and I like the one above the best... and hand addressing? :(
  • ps- David's bridal also seems to do addressing for you for something like 30cents an invite, and they end up being about the same price as wedding paper divas, even when you pick a nicer stock paper. If you find something you love there... pretty good deal!
  • @lilacck28 - Not having to address the invites yourself seems like it would totally be worth the extra cost to me!

• @twodimes Not a dumb question!

David's Bridal seems to give you an excel sheet http://invitations.davidsbridal.com/custserv_content.jsp?pageName=assembly-addressing ... and I'm not sure what Minted does yet (I haven't gotten that far in the process) but it seems like they have some sort of import system http://www.minted.com/address
  • @bethsmiles yeah, plus liking the invitations better makes me feel like... okay I will fork up that extra $100-150! And I will keep my pretty invitations forever in a photo/scrap book. And look at them a lot. Maybe.
  • @lilacck28 I had no idea some companies did the addressing for you... that is genius!

edited January 2015
    http://www.bhg.com/wedding/invitations/editors-picks-our-favorite-wedding-invitations/

The above made me feel SO Much better about spending my "measly" $500 on invitations.
  • Yea, the addressing really sealed the deal for me with Minted. I've used them for several things in the past (Christmas cards & save the dates) and I've always been SO happy with the service and product, it was kind of a no-brainer to use them for invites too. 

*******************************************************************************************

• lilacck28 said:
    http://www.bhg.com/wedding/invitations/editors-picks-our-favorite-wedding-invitations/

The above made me feel SO Much better about spending my "measly" $500 on invitations.
    Holy shit those are some expensive wedding invitations!

• @goldenpenguin

Did you pick your invites? SHOW AND TELL!
  • @twodimes I'm probably going to put the order in sometime this weekend or pretty soon after (my mom wants to see the sample invites I ordered, and proof read everything. She's convinced I'll spell my name wrong or something... plus I have to make sure I have everyone's address! ). I'll definitely let you know how it goes, and what the process was like!
  • I thought I showed them off already! I'll do it again though :) 

The addressing - you upload a file to Minted & they take names/addresses from that. 

• also , here's some more info from minted that I haven't read yet: http://help.minted.com/pkb/pkb_Home?q=address assistant&l=en_US
  • @goldenpenguin

If you did, I missed it! I loveee them!!
  • I am such a sucker for 2d art/ invitations. I hope the rest of you post invites and save the dates, etc when you pick them too!
  • I keep having invitation regret :(  At first I said I was spending as little as possible because people were just going to throw them out. Then all of a sudden I really cared. I'm having someone "design" and print them, print addresses but they're still pretty basic. I'm so jealous of the Minted and Wedding Paper Diva ones but I just can't spend the extra money on them. I've been going over budget on everything! 
    @lilacck28 @goldenpenguin yours are so pretty though!

edited January 2015
    @Lavenderfields13

don't feel badly! We all have those things that we just couldn't spend the money on. Sometimes I even think about that other ring setting I loved that was another $800 ... but I couldn't justify that price. And there are some really really pretty diamond wedding bands that I go gaga over but... the price! (and, as said before, I seem to beat my rings up now that I occasionally work as a stock girl at my company when there are a ton of orders. I'm too short for that job!)

Invitations DO get thrown in the trash!  I sometimes feel more than a little silly spending so much on it, but I spent less on my dress/ venue/ a few other things, so I was able to add it into the budget.  And "basic" invitations are often gorgeous and classic.
  • I love all this wedding stuffs being shared!  Everything is so beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures in a couple short months. 

@lavenderfields13 definitely don't feel too bad about going less expensive on the invites.  We did the same thing.  I could not stomach spending that much on paper that everyone but me would eventually toss...besides more money for WINE!  I ended up finding a set I just loved and basically copied it with the help of one of the gals on here who is a whiz.  I uploaded and had them printed through Vista Print and I work for a copier/printer company so I did the address printing myself.  It was a labor of love to design, print and source all the items to put them together but it was one of my DIY projects that I was most proud of at the end.  If I remember correctly 75 invites (invite, outer envelope, rsvp, rsvp envelope and info card) all addressed, stamped, bound with lace and tied with a sisal type string was just over $2.00 each.

Formerly doubless07
  • @spakeasy14 OMG I love that pink ring and also the other two pink ones and the first one, that purple one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards