Chit Chat
Options

Super Bowl

I'm not particularly excited by either team, but William Whistle-pig is ready for the game!

Re: Super Bowl

• Options
    It's a goddamn zoo here in Phoenix. Seven blocks of downtown are blocked off for the "Superbowl Experience". I went to where ESPN was broadcasting at lunch because it was close to work. They have a pretty sweet set up. 
  • Options
    PATS!!!  All the way.  Too bad I can't watch cos of practice.  I have a student (gr 6) who is a huge Seahawks fan.  As in her parents have taken her to Seattle to watch a game, and also took her to the Championship game 2 weekends ago.  She has the jacket, backpack, shirts, socks and has dyed the bottom half of her blond hair sea hawk blue.  She actually invited me to her Superbowl party this weekend.  Very nice of her, but there's no way I'd go.  I'm gonna have to eat some major crow from her on Monday if the Pats lose this weekend

• Options
    @ohannabelle - that cartoon is awesome.  And I love sports.  But it's so true

• Options
    I'm not really into football but I casually follow it. I live in Denver but I'm from Idaho which tends to be split between cheering for Denver and Seattle since we don't have a team of our own so I'll be cheering for the Seahawks.

• Options
    SNACKS!!!! I saw the Budweiser puppy commercial so really all I care about now is buffalo chicken dip, wings, spinach and artichoke dip....

• Options
    Go Pats!!

• Options
    I'm excited for snacks, the puppy bowl, and the commercials. I hate football. H's team is the Bills so his hatred for the Patriots and Tom Brady is intense. He doesn't really care about the Seahawks and only wants them to win because it will mean the Patriots will lose and Tom Brady will probably cry.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I love football, but after all the shenanigans that went down during the playoffs I just can't get excited about this. A bunch of friends pestered us about whether we were hosting a party and that just pissed me off... we hosted ALL THE PARTIES last year, plus a wedding; it's someone else's damn turn. Of course none of them will host anything, so I think we're just gonna stay home and order a pizza.

• Options
    There are so many people. We're going to have some rain this weekend just to make our guests feel more at home. Isn't that nice of us?
  • Options
    I love football, so I love the Superbowl. I really want to see the Pats lose. 
  • Options
    I really want the Seahawks to win! I am a Russel Wilson fan because he went to NC State and it's pretty cool he's so huge in the NFL  now. I remember watching him blow games at NC State on the regular. I also think it would be cool for them to win two years in a row.

I don't hate the Patriots. I like Tom Brady (I actually like his wife  more). I just like the Seahawks more.

And Marshawn Lynch is pretty awesome. "I'm just here so I don't get fined." 

• Options
    I want the Pats to lose.  I also want one of the Seahawks to break Tom Brady's nose and maybe throw a fully inflated football at Belichick's face.
    FInally, something we can agree on! :)
  • Options
    I should like Tom Brady because he went to Michigan (go Blue!) but I don't like him because he's prettier than me.

• Options
    I want the Pats to lose.  I also want one of the Seahawks to break Tom Brady's nose and maybe throw a fully inflated football at Belichick's face.

H said he will be happy if the Seahawks break Tom Brady's legs, even if the Pats end up winning the Super Bowl. Every time the Pats play the Bills, that's what H hopes for. He really, really hates Tom Brady.
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    I really want the Seahawks to win! I am a Russel Wilson fan because he went to NC State and it's pretty cool he's so huge in the NFL  now. I remember watching him blow games at NC State on the regular. I also think it would be cool for them to win two years in a row.

I don't hate the Patriots. I like Tom Brady (I actually like his wife  more). I just like the Seahawks more.

Did you read they're STILL going to try to fine him because he wasn't wearing a NFL approved tshirt?? What a bunch of bullshit.

• Options
    emmaaa said:

Did you read they're STILL going to try to fine him because he wasn't wearing a NFL approved tshirt?? What a bunch of bullshit.
    Yes! It was his hat. It had his beast mode logo thingy on it and they are trying to determining if it is permissible. It is bullshit and they just want to fine him.

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

Yes! It was his hat. It had his beast mode logo thingy on it and they are trying to determining if it is permissible. It is bullshit and they just want to fine him.
    I knew it was some part of his apparel. I swear. Like they've got NOTHING better to do with their time. He doesn't want to participate in media day. He's not a fucking man servant. You can't force him to do something he doesn't want to do.

• Options
    I love football, but after all the shenanigans that went down during the playoffs I just can't get excited about this. A bunch of friends pestered us about whether we were hosting a party and that just pissed me off... we hosted ALL THE PARTIES last year, plus a wedding; it's someone else's damn turn. Of course none of them will host anything, so I think we're just gonna stay home and order a pizza.
    Oh, Lolo. You've discovered the dark side of your being such an excellent cook and hostess. People are all excited to come back, so you can do more work. 
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

Didn't a player this past season get fined for wearing a certain brand of headsets? That brand apparently wasn't the brand the NFL supported so they fined him, or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards